NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Titanfall 2 (PS4/PC/XBO)

Can't wait!

The original game was great and having it on the PS4 means I will be able to hook up with people on here. That's if people pick it up, of course. :heh:

The original pretty well sits alongside the best multiplayer shooters ever made. I re-installed it a few days ago, but it's tragically empty - the only mode anyone's playing is attrition which is a complete disservice to what's actually fun in the game ie. the mobility. Couldn't find a single match on Hardpoint or CTF, even after EA put the game on access and made all the map packs free. People have no idea what they're missing.

Anyway, really excited for the sequel, here's hoping it actually has a player base. Can't wait to see what they do when they're not constrained by XB360 architecture.

Here's a while new level of leaks. EA are doing test runs for their conference and the Titanfall section has leaked online. :D

Looks great! The mech being an AI is a nice twist. Still can't believe they are launching this in between BF1 and CoD. It's gonna be a FPS blood bath.

EDIT: EA are acting fast to get the videos down. Here's another link

https://u.pomf.is/rwgaaz.mp4

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Actually EA took them down to replace it with the final/HQ version, which is fair enough. At least they didn't try and pretend it never happened!

If you switch the T and F around in Titanfall, it becomes FitanTall. FIGHTING TALL.

That's so clever.

Looks insane. Love it.

Looks sweet. Will buy!

If you switch the T and F around in Titanfall, it becomes FitanTall. FIGHTING TALL.

That's so clever.

Tifantall....shit I did it wrong.

Game is looking pretty sweet going off of both of those trailers, the multiplayer one especially. Really wanted to give the first one a try but lack of content and being Xbox only meant that was out of the question but without a doubt, I'll be giving this one a go in October.

Battlefield 1 one week, this the next and then CoD Infinite Warfare the next, insane schedule. You'd think something would move to have a bit more breathing space. If it wasn't for CoD having a remaster of Modern Warfare bundled with the premium editions, I think this would be the year where EA finally overhaul Activision. Will be interesting to watch anyway.

Multiplayer test starting this weekend for PS4 and One owners.

Today, Respawn Entertainment and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: EA) announced that the Titanfall® 2 Open Multiplayer Technical Test will be available across two weekends in August for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft. Fans will be able to get their hands on the fast, fluid, Pilot and Titan gameplay that is at the core of the Titanfall experience while helping the team at Respawn test the Titanfall 2 servers and backend systems prior to the games release on October 28th worldwide.

It all starts the weekend of Friday, August 19th, where fans will be able to play two exciting new Titanfall 2 multiplayer modes across two maps:

MODES

Bounty Hunt (5v5): A brand new mode that pits Pilots and their teammates against an opposing team as well as the Remnant Fleet. Earn bonuses by killing grunts and enemies, but make sure and deposit all your points at the bank between waves without getting killed.

Pilots vs. Pilots (8v8): Players can be the best Pilot on the Frontier and put their combat and mobility skills to the ultimate test in this classic 8 vs 8 Pilots only mode.

MAPS

Boomtown: A secret underground IMC facility where the latest in R&D is put to the test. In this facility Pilots can use the many peaked roofs to use as cover against combatants below. With tight lanes through the middle, Titans can also be easily ambushed.

Homestead: The IMC have claimed Imminent Domain on a small commune’s plot of land. With a series of raised, rocky plateaus and a river running down the middle, Pilots are mostly safe from Titans among the rocks and trees but they also can duck into the caves and building when needed. However, the Titans control the large rolling fields.

During the second weekend of the Titanfall 2 open multiplayer technical test, all the content from the previous weekend will still be available, plus a brand new mode and map for players to enjoy:

MODE

Amped Hardpoint (6v6): A new twist on Hardpoint Domination from the original game; now defending a Hardpoint will let you amp it, giving your team double score. Team work is the key to securing victory.

MAP

Forward Base Kodai: Militia forces have taken over an IMC substation and set up a forward operating base. Pilots can find safety from Titans in the hallways and chambers of the main building, while Titans can walk over the roof to get a better view of the action.

During the open multiplayer technical test, fans will have access to two all-new Titans: Ion and Scorch, as well as a range of Pilot tactical abilities including Grapple, Holo Point, and Pulse Blade. Fans will also have access to a variety of weapons including a deadly horizontal spread shotgun known as the Masttiff and the Alternator, a dual-barrel SMG.

After playing one round of Team Deathmatch just now I think I've decided that this will be my shooter for next year.

I haven't even entered a Titan and the match was so much fun. : peace:

After playing one round of Team Deathmatch just now I think I've decided that this will be my shooter for next year.

I haven't even entered a Titan and the match was so much fun. : peace:

I loved the original and this is just as amazing. I've missed this fast gameplay and wrecking stuff in my Titan!

I loved the original and this is just as amazing. I've missed this fast gameplay and wrecking stuff in my Titan!

Never played the original but I will definitely get Titanfall 2.

Just piloted my first Titan...no idea what I was doing and got wrecked pretty fast but it was fun as hell.

Managed to decide that hardpoint match in the end...there was a huge Titan battle, we were several points behind but held two hardpoints. I went for the third hardpoint, captured and held it...and we won with an 8 point lead. :awesome:

Edited by drahkon

Just had a go on this. I loved it! So much fun, especially being a titan. Obviously never picked up the first one but will be looking to picking this up.

S'alright. Everything feels good and I love the mobility in both games. Not loving that it feels like even if I get the drop on someone they turn around and kill me. The feedback to me feels like I get hit by just a couple shots and watching the killcam I see I'm pumped full of lead.

It's a solid maybe. If I cared about online more I'd likely get it.

Played it and enjoyed but I had a strange revelation: It's a great CoD-style of game and something about any CoD-style game in our post Overwatch/Splatoon/Doom world feels so dated. There's nothing wrong with it and the mobility & titans are great but I can't imagine myself engaging with it in single or multiplayer like I have those games. Despite it's evolutions it definitely looks, plays, and feels like a Call of Duty and I haven't felt the need to go back to one of those since the Modern Warfare trilogy.

Interesting, I've been hearing a lot of people who loved the first absolutely slating the beta for the second, saying they've basically ruined a lot of great things about the first one, including making Titans much rarer and weaker.

Interesting, I've been hearing a lot of people who loved the first absolutely slating the beta for the second, saying they've basically ruined a lot of great things about the first one, including making Titans much rarer and weaker.

These people are probably hardcore fans. I'm just happy as long as I can jump up walls, shoot stuff and pilot a giant mech. :D

Just watched the Infinite Warfare multiplayer reveal and while it does look good, it's basically Black Ops III. If I hadn't played the latter for 300 hours in the past year I'd get it but for next year Titanfall 2 will definitely be my shooter. : peace:

Not sure if I'll be there day-one because there are so many other games coming out in October and I only want to buy one. Oh man...

Dragon Quest Builders

Rise of the Tomb Raider

Dark Souls 3 Ashes of Ariandel

The Last Guardian

Skyrim

Titanfall 2

FUCK.

Oh man...only one game in October, I will only buy one game in October...ONLY ONE GAME.

@Hero\-of\-Time, what should I do :(

Edited by drahkon

@Hero\-of\-Time, what should I do :(

You missed World of Final Fantasy off your list, so I refuse to offer you any advice. :p

You missed World of Final Fantasy off your list, so I refuse to offer you any advice. :p

:blank: Oh man...