NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Titanfall 2 (PS4/PC/XBO)

Managed to pick this up in the current sale, wish I'd picked it up earlier TBH - Overwatch is still my shooter of choice but this is a really satisfying game to play if I just want something fun for half an hour. It feels like CoD of duty back in it's heyday, definitely recommend picking it up in the current PSN sale if you haven't already.

Edited by gaggle64

Well, they had a good run.

Crazy to think that they left Activision because they were too controlling and now they've jumped into bed with EA.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Well, they had a good run.

I was just about to post a snarky remark on how they're more doomed than Nintendo now.

• Haha 1

Expected but not exactly the news that I'd wanted to hear regarding Respawn and Titanfall. Titanfall 2 was a phenomenal game which EA well and truly shafted with its release window and while sales and word of mouth have helped push it forward a bit in terms of sales, the damage was already done on release. I'd like to hope being part of the EA family now would allow Respawn a bit more leeway over when they release their games so as not to have sales gobbled up by competing titles but this is EA and as late, they've been doing their damnedest to turn everyone against them with their practices in the industry (if you haven't, I'd go and have a read of Kotaku's report on the closure of Visceral games and how the writing was more or less on the walls before the Star Wars game fiasco).

At least we'll see another Titanfall game but I hope to god that Respawn have more say over what's included and that they're given the opportunity to build upon one of the best single player campaigns in an FPS in recent years rather than get bossed into including microtransactions everywhere.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ganepark32 said:

Expected but not exactly the news that I'd wanted to hear regarding Respawn and Titanfall. Titanfall 2 was a phenomenal game which EA well and truly shafted with its release window and while sales and word of mouth have helped push it forward a bit in terms of sales, the damage was already done on release. I'd like to hope being part of the EA family now would allow Respawn a bit more leeway over when they release their games so as not to have sales gobbled up by competing titles but this is EA and as late, they've been doing their damnedest to turn everyone against them with their practices in the industry (if you haven't, I'd go and have a read of Kotaku's report on the closure of Visceral games and how the writing was more or less on the walls before the Star Wars game fiasco).

At least we'll see another Titanfall game but I hope to god that Respawn have more say over what's included and that they're given the opportunity to build upon one of the best single player campaigns in an FPS in recent years rather than get bossed into including microtransactions everywhere.

You could argue that EA done it on purpose in the hopes that it would flop and allow them to swoop in and pick up the studio. Seems like the kinda thing that they would do.

47 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

You could argue that EA done it on purpose in the hopes that it would flop and allow them to swoop in and pick up the studio. Seems like the kinda thing that they would do.

Yeah, I was reading some peoples' thoughts elsewhere and it seems to be the consensus that EA sent the game out to die to pick up both the studio and the IP on the cheap. EA get another studio whom they can get to put out more Star Wars titles to abuse the license while they hold it (and shift developers from the now shuttered Visceral Games to Respawn for it) and possibly add Titanfall to their line-up of micro-transaction laden titles. As I say, I'm hopeful that Respawn get some freedom with the IP, they have pushed out additional content for free with only cosmetic items being added as micro-transactions and the first part is something that EA seem to have taken to heart regarding Battlefront (as I believe all the additional content for multiplayer and such will be free) so hopefully that's as far as they have to push it. I just want another single player like TF2.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just played through THAT level in the laboratory. Awesome!

• Like 1