NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Titanfall 2 (PS4/PC/XBO)

38.50.....fucking bullshit. Maybe tomorrow.

36.70 now. Urgh. And apparently someone has done em this run in 20 seconds. I didn't watch the video but saw a screencap. His speed was maxed at 50kph. I've never seen my speed go above 42.....

Edited by Nolan

I've played a few hours on multiplayer now and have got to grips with the game a lot more... I'm still not fluid enough with my movement but I've a strong foundation from my other FPS experiences so I can still kick plenty of ass.

I've been maining Northstar mostly, just because she's supposed to be one of the "harder" Titans to use. I unlocked Tone last night though and gave her a go... bloody hell, I felt so overpowered, what a beast of a Titan!

This game is just so much fun! Easily one of the best FPS I've played!

Just popped the game in. Fuck that obstacle course. How is it possible to get under those times?

Just popped the game in. Fuck that obstacle course. How is it possible to get under those times?

I believe the phrase is "git gud".

Apparently once you "git gud" it's possible to bunny hop off of the ground and not lose any speed.... hence the the fucking people doing this course in sub20 second runs.

Apparently once you "git gud" it's possible to bunny hop off of the ground and not lose any speed.... hence the the fucking people doing this course in sub20 second runs.

I've not tried it on the course but slide-hopping in multiplayer helps so much for flanking and escaping... a must-have traversal in your arsenal.

This is 30€ on the PSN store as part of the 12 deals of Christmas.

I said 30€ was my sweet spot but I did get a RaspberryPi, Stardew Valley and FFXV so I'll hold off for now.

Maybe next year :)

After that stupid blackout during my Japenese exam I just had to buy this. No idea why :laughing: I guess I'm just frustrated.

Looking forward to the campaign and the occasional multiplayer matches : peace:

I'd like to join but I'm 6 hours behind forum time so when I get off work and home it's midnight already essentially. And then showering and dinner, weekdays just aren't for me.

@Blade and I will be going online tomorrow night if you fancy joining us @drahkon, @Cookyman, @Nolan?

The lady is most likely coming over, so if I find the time I won't be able to chat with you.

If I see you ingame I'll just join you or request an invite : peace:

What's the camping situation in Titanfall 2 multiplayer? It's absolutely ridiculous in Modern Warfare Remaster. Feels like the number of campers increases everyday. It's still a fun game, but it's annoying to constantly choose counter-camper loadouts.

The lady is most likely coming over, so if I find the time I won't be able to chat with you.

If I see you ingame I'll just join you or request an invite : peace:

What's the camping situation in Titanfall 2 multiplayer? It's absolutely ridiculous in Modern Warfare Remaster. Feels like the number of campers increases everyday. It's still a fun game, but it's annoying to constantly choose counter-camper loadouts.

You don't get camping as movement is key in this game, moreso than in most other FPS games.

You don't get camping as movement is key in this game, moreso than in most other FPS games.

Good, so it's still like what I've experienced in the beta : peace: Well, looks like this will be my go-to shooter for when I'm annoyed with Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare campfests :D

Looking forward to playing the campaign, too. :)

Edit: Played 2 matches of amped hardpoint.

I was surprised to see people playing the objective. Love it :D The second match we were behind by a lot but managed to win it back with great defending teamwork : peace:

Any advice on how to fight with Titans? Whenever I pilot mine and engage an enemy Titan i get wrecked...:laughing:

Edited by drahkon
Automerged Doublepost

Unfortunately Blade wasn't well and didn't make it on. My mrs wasn't well either so I came on late, I had a cracking night though, I was absolutely tearing the opposition apart using the titan Scorch... I'd say she's my favourite titan to play as, so much fun!

Unfortunately Blade wasn't well and didn't make it on. My mrs wasn't well either so I came on late, I had a cracking night though, I was absolutely tearing the opposition apart using the titan Scorch... I'd say she's my favourite titan to play as, so much fun!

I didn't play much either. It's a shame you can't just join someone on your friends list or request an invite (unless I just didn't see it).

Played attrition, amped hardpoint and one match of CTF.

Attrition and hardpoint went ok. I kept thinking the jump boost was like CoD, i.e. a constant boost/gain of altitude for a short time, but it's just a double jump. Fucked me up more than once :laughing:

CTF was horrible for me. Didn't know the map and I had no idea of good routes. That was to be expected, though.

I still don't understand why I keep getting wrecked when I'm in a Titan. Even when I'm engaging only one enemy Titan of the same class. I seem to do no damage with my hits but my health bar drops so quickly...::shrug:

Enjoyed it, though :D It's definitely much more mobility focused than Infinite Warfare. And thank God there are (almost) no campers.

As I said: Will definitely play the two current CoDs most, but whenever I'm frustrated with campers I'll switch to Titanfall 2 :)

Will start the campaign once I'm done with the final Episode of Minecraft: Story Mode.

I'll be on Saturday night if you're around and might fancy some more multi @drahkon

The invite system isn't the cleanest really, there's no clear indicator of how to go about it, it's easier to be in a Party and then invite the Party. Otherwise I think it uses the PS menu for an invite system, but don't quote me on that as I've not tried it. ::shrug:

When I first started playing I felt the same with the double-jump, I kept treating it like BO3, haha. Once you get used to slide hopping and you chain your wall runs and slides you can really get about the map with some speed!

I'll be on Saturday night if you're around and might fancy some more multi @drahkon

Depends if the lady is out with her friends or not. I'll let you know if I'm around :)

Once you get used to slide hopping and you chain your wall runs and slides you can really get about the map with some speed!

Speed seems to be really important in Titanfall 2. The first game I've just sprinted through the map and got killed so many times :laughing: Once I started to use wallruns and the grapling hook I stayed alive much longer and also got more kills. : peace:

Started the campaign and decided to tackle the Gauntlet trophies before moving on to the real missions.

Took me the better part of an hour. I decided to do it without the help of a guide.

@Hero\-of\-Time messaged me during my trials :D When I saw the pop-up I was in the middle of a run and only saw his name. I thought he wrote a cheeky message like: "Lol, still on that gauntlet? Noob." :p He didn't, though. Missed opportunity.

Three minutes after I responded I managed to beat the target time for the "...becomes the master" trophy :laughing: : peace:

Went on with the first mission and I had to stop because this is already one of my favourite FPSs of all time. Why? Simple:

I picked up a sniper, used my higher ground to take out some drones and enemies and I didn't immediately get spotted and shot by 8 million bullets like in pretty much every other FPS. (I'm playing on the highest difficulty, which makes this even more surprising)

I always hated the fact that when you use a sniper, every enemy knows exactly where you are and in a matter of 0.5 seconds after your first shot you die.

It's the first FPS where this doesn't happen and I appreciate it :D It reminds me of the Metal Gear Solid games. You shoot with a sniper and enemies react, of course, but it takes some time for them to spot you. : peace:

Just finished the game. Started and completed it in Master difficulty. Although I died a lot, I hardly found it frustrating. I loved the gameplay in this game - the shooting, titans and the platforming. I recommend it to everyone, a really good game.

I'm normally shite at FPS so i'm pretty impressed with myself that I finished the game in Master difficulty.

I won't get the platinum trophy though. There is no way I will be able to master that gauntlet course. Oh well.

There is no way I will be able to master that gauntlet course. Oh well.

It's not that difficult, though. Not to brag, but I did it without a guide in an hour.

I've looked at some video guides for the trophy just now and I definitely got the right idea for my run :D Double jump to gain/maintain speed and to cut corners is vital. Arc grenades to finish up groups of targets and the rest is just well timed movement.

This might actually be the easiest route for the trophy. I've tried his route and managed to beat the time after my third try.

If you can be frame perfect with your jumps you could do this:

:laughing:

I've got to like 37. Just that last stretch I either flub the jumping or completely miss the targets. Usually both.