NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Titanfall 2 (PS4/PC/XBO)

For those waiting to pull the trigger...

I9kglZK.jpg

It apparently goes on sale for this price on Friday. I imagine most places will have it for this price as well.

Is that just XBone? I'm thinking of asking for this for Xmas, and for £20, that's perfect.

Still waiting for a deal like this in Germany...At that price I'll cave in instantly :D

Is that just XBone? I'm thinking of asking for this for Xmas, and for £20, that's perfect.

image.png?w=500&c=1

It says both the Xbox One and PS4 on the poster. :p

image.png?w=500&c=1

It says both the Xbox One and PS4 on the poster. :p

739e4acae7545796b3cfe3fdc906dd5c.jpg

Oh yeah. Awesome.

I decided to give the campaign a go on this last night and I'm up to the level where you "time-jump"... holy crap that was so good!

I can see why Eurogamer said it was like a Nintendo game!!!

I decided to give the campaign a go on this last night and I'm up to the level where you "time-jump"... holy crap that was so good!

I can see why Eurogamer said it was like a Nintendo game!!!

Yup. That gameplay mechanic is absolutely fantastic.

First set of DLC has been announced.

I’ve been fortunate to work on some great games and be a part of some amazing communities during my career but I’ve never seen or experienced anything like the launch of Titanfall 2. The outpouring of support, positivity, and surge of new players in the Titanfall community has been staggering to take in. Reviews have been glowing, our Titanfall subreddit has nearly doubled since launch and we’ve seen tremendous chatter and engagement across all our feeds. It’s a truly remarkable movement to be a part of. We’re humbled to see such a response and it feels like every day we’re emailing each other new comments and threads that are touching to read. Thank you to everyone that has reached out to share your stories. It means the world to us.

Currently, our launch communication has been focused on addressing bug and balancing feedback, promoting Titanfall 2, and amplifying the incredible critical and fan reactions. We’ve heard your concerns loud and clear about the longevity of Titanfall 2 and what’s next for future content. Today we are starting that conversation. First let’s look at the big picture and make a crucial point about our DLC vision crystal clear: All maps, modes, weapons —anything that has effect on gameplay— will be free for all players that bought Titanfall 2. We believe that in order to maintain a healthy community we shouldn’t be segmenting players behind paywalls for these things.

In addition to the free stuff, we will be opening a store in game with the launch of DLC #1 that will allow you to purchase new skins, camo and Prime Titans if you want for a modest price. We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it. These in no way effect stats and are purely cosmetic. We will have two Prime Titans available at launch. They have new chassis and assassinations but function the exact same way as their original counterparts.

The first DLC drop will be on November 30, 2016 and it’s called Angel City’s Most Wanted. We’ll be going into more detail and showing it off closer to launch but here’s a high level look at the free content you’ll be getting: Angel City’s Most Wanted [all content below will be FREE]: Angel City map: A fan favorite map from Titanfall 1 is reborn for Titanfall 2.

Fans that pre-ordered Titanfall 2 will get access to the Angel City map starting on November 30. All other players will get access to the Angel City map starting on December 3rd.

Angel City’s Most Wanted is just the beginning of our support for Titanfall 2. We will have more drops that will differ in size and scope but the additional maps, modes, and weapons available will continue to be free.

New updates on the way as well.

We’ll be revealing just what these are next year but in the meantime here’s what kind of events and updates you can expect from us for 2016:

GAME MODE TWISTS

Changing things up and trying out new ways to play is a big part of how we work here at Respawn. We’re carrying that philosophy over to multiplayer with semi-regular events that will change up rule sets on certain games, giving them a “twist” to how you might normally play them. Changes like these force players (and ourselves) to look at the game differently and try some things you may never have tried before.

DOUBLE XP WEEKENDS

Beyond new content and rules that change the game, we’re also big fans of giving excuses for all your friends to pile into Titanfall 2 over a weekend to reap bonus XP, level up faster or unlock a weapon you’ve had your eye on and generally have some fun. Don’t forget to coordinate with your Networks to optimize your happy hour merit madness!

TOP NETWORKS RECOGNITION

Networks represent our grand experiment to make Titanfall 2 a meaningful social experience for all players. Being a part of a Network is a great way to meet new people and get bonuses for playing, so every week you’ll find us calling out a few Networks we think are worth checking out. You can join as many Networks as you like, so make a point to join one that interests you! It’s a great way to meet fellow Pilots and have fun together.

SOCIAL GIVEAWAYS

Make sure to follow @respawn because every Wednesday we’ll get doing random giveaways that could be anything from the Titanfall 2 Art book, signed posters, and much more.

And this is just all the stuff we’re ready to talk about right now! We’ve got more that we’re working through but isn’t ready for prime time just yet. What I hope you’ll take away from this as that this is just the start. We are committed to supporting Titanfall 2 for the long haul and look forward to taking this journey with you.

Awesome news on the DLC!

Can't wait for you guys to be online!

Awesome news on the DLC!

Can't wait for you guys to be online!

You're never online anyway.

Only single-player for me.

:p

Good man. :D Although you will need to play a match or two for a couple of trophies. :p

I am now... I was waiting for this and BF1. I'm not on as much as I used to be but I've been on 3 days a week with one of my mates the last few weeks. Was hoping to tie down a couple regular nights of gaming with you guys.

Good man. :D Although you will need to play a match or two for a couple of trophies. :p

I was half-kidding just to annoy kav. :D I'll definitely play the multiplayer but probably not as much as Infinite Warfare and Modern Warfare.

Damn it both HMV and simply games have sold out. I dunno whether to just pay £30 for a copy somewhere or wait until the new year for the price to drop.

Damn it both HMV and simply games have sold out. I dunno whether to just pay £30 for a copy somewhere or wait until the new year for the price to drop.

Simply Games sold out of it late last night. To be fair the offer went up at around 5pm yesterday, so it's no surprise they sold out.

The cheapest I can find you at the moment is Amazon and Tesco at £28.00.

Simply Games sold out of it late last night. To be fair the offer went up at around 5pm yesterday, so it's no surprise they sold out.

The cheapest I can find you at the moment is Amazon and Tesco at £28.00.

Cheers

Decided to order it at 28 quid. Will be something to play multiplayer on. Knowing my luck it will be a tenner in a couple of months

Cheers

Decided to order it at 28 quid. Will be something to play multiplayer on. Knowing my luck it will be a tenner in a couple of months

I paid full whack for it, but it's worth it.

Beat this today. Not sure I want to put the effort into platinuming it just yet though. Running through again on the hardest difficulty sounds tedious.

And I'm not so sure about where/how to get 25 kills in 2 seconds. Obviously the developers thought it'd be a bit simpler than it's turned out to be, bronze trophy ultra rare.

Beat this today. Not sure I want to put the effort into platinuming it just yet though. Running through again on the hardest difficulty sounds tedious.

And I'm not so sure about where/how to get 25 kills in 2 seconds. Obviously the developers thought it'd be a bit simpler than it's turned out to be, bronze trophy ultra rare.

IIRC it's near the end where you get a new BT and you have the new weapon. Save your special and you eventually head into a corridor where loads of solider run away from you. Just follow them for a few seconds and then let rip with your special move. It locks on to everything in sight and you'll pop the trophy.

Finishing the game on the hardest difficulty isn't even the most challenging trophy. Getting under the time needed on the obstacle course is what makes or breaks a platinum run.

IIRC it's near the end where you get a new BT and you have the new weapon. Save your special and you eventually head into a corridor where loads of solider run away from you. Just follow them for a few seconds and then let rip with your special move. It locks on to everything in sight and you'll pop the trophy.

Finishing the game on the hardest difficulty isn't even the most challenging trophy. Getting under the time needed on the obstacle course is what makes or breaks a platinum run.

Yeah that's kinda the area I was thinking. And yeah I know that the obstacle course would be the real roadblock. I just didn't feel like going through again right away.