NEurope
Zell

N-Europe Summer Meet 2016 (13th August)

Ikr!! Am excited! :bouncy:

I'm up for Loading again if everyone else is (will actually be at one of them this Friday for Frag Grimes' birthday if any Londoners wanted to pop down, PM me).

Eenuh has asked about food in the evening of the Saturday which I think is quite a good question - can we float some ideas/locations/preferences for that?? Taking from previous meets - a poor plan can lead to a bit of fracture/split that doesn't resolve well!

From the sheet/thread I can see attendance as;

Zell

Mr-Paul

Cube

@dwarf gourami? @kav82?

Thanks for the mention, but sadly can't make it due to having a fight on the Sunday - can't be tempted to a drink! But would defo aim to meet in the future.

What are the deets again? I might probably likely be free.

Thanks for the mention, but sadly can't make it due to having a fight on the Sunday - can't be tempted to a drink! But would defo aim to meet in the future.

I'm pretty sure getting plastered is step one in getting into a fight...?

What are the deets again? I might probably likely be free.

Next Saturday esn't et.

So I think I have the following people coming to the meet:

Friday at mine:

Me

Goron_3

MoogleViper

Shorty

Sheikah

Cube

Dannyboy-and-the-Danes

Rummy

Mr-Paul?

Flink + Eenuh (Maybe)

Saturday:

Me

Goron

MoogleViper

Shorty

Sheikah

Cube

Dannyboy-and-the-Danes

Rummy

Mr-Paul

Flink + Eenuh

Rez

Goafer

Daft (maybe)

Could anyone coming to my place Friday think about any board/card/video games they could bring? E.g. Cards Against Humanity. Also last year we managed to get 8 player Smash on the go, would need someone to bring a Wii U Gamecube Controller adaptor and a few more pads!

Not long until this now! Just over a week and a half! I'm excited. Can we get a final attendee list drawn up?

Like @Zell, I'm happy to go to Loading Bar again on the Saturday night, if people are up for that I don't mind booking a table again if we have an idea of the numbers.

If you could book Loading Bar again, that would be much appreciated. I think if we book a table for 15 that will be enough?

Eenuh has asked about food in the evening of the Saturday which I think is quite a good question - can we float some ideas/locations/preferences for that?? Taking from previous meets - a poor plan can lead to a bit of fracture/split that doesn't resolve well!

So for Saturday afternoon/evening, I was thinking about going to Five Guys at Kings Cross. Would be kinda on the way to Loading Bar from Hyde Park and we wouldn't need to book.

If anyone has any other suggestions, then please let me know. Wouldn't mind booking a table at somewhere nice if people prefer a sit down meal to a greasy burger.

If it rains on Saturday, then I think we will go to the Red Lion. I don't really know anywhere else in the vicinity of Hyde Park that would be suitable.

I was actually in Dalston Loading last night, and I bumped into none other than the spectacular @Supergrunch! I told him to come to the meet but I think everyone else in here should peer pressure him into it with lots of mentions :p!!

So I think I have the following people coming to the meet:

Friday at mine:

Me

Goron_3

MoogleViper

Shorty

Sheikah

Cube

Dannyboy-and-the-Danes

Rummy

Mr-Paul?

Flink + Eenuh (Maybe)

Saturday:

Me

Goron

MoogleViper

Shorty

Sheikah

Cube

Dannyboy-and-the-Danes

Rummy

Mr-Paul

Flink + Eenuh

Rez

Goafer

Daft (maybe)

Could anyone coming to my place Friday think about any board/card/video games they could bring? E.g. Cards Against Humanity. Also last year we managed to get 8 player Smash on the go, would need someone to bring a Wii U Gamecube Controller adaptor and a few more pads!

If you could book Loading Bar again, that would be much appreciated. I think if we book a table for 15 that will be enough?

So for Saturday afternoon/evening, I was thinking about going to Five Guys at Kings Cross. Would be kinda on the way to Loading Bar from Hyde Park and we wouldn't need to book.

If anyone has any other suggestions, then please let me know. Wouldn't mind booking a table at somewhere nice if people prefer a sit down meal to a greasy burger.

If it rains on Saturday, then I think we will go to the Red Lion. I don't really know anywhere else in the vicinity of Hyde Park that would be suitable.

I am down for those plans. Never actually been so would love to lose my virginity to Five Guys with you lot. Also I think @Marcamillian may be joining for the Friday and the Saturday if the Friday's ok Zell(don't worry about crashing space if it's an issue on Friday tho, I think he's happy go get himself back and rejoin us on Saturday if needed).

The both of us can bring some gamecube pads and also I have a 3rd party adaptor I can bring too. I think we can probs cover 2-4 pads(may need to check with a people or two for a pad lend, so anyone else who can is also good!).

I've got a few table tops but not sure what will stretch to the big numbers, I think if @Cube's joining us he's probably worth a shout for a good game or two for a big table? I'm thinking I'll bring Codenames and anything travel-sized which can go to at least 6, and if possible I'm going to attempt to get hold of a print+play copy of Secret Hitler(not sure of the table limit, but it's essentially a very Resistance/Mafia-esque game that's very fun). Don't think any official copies have arrived with anyone yet(if they have and you have one though, bring it!). Anything else spring to mind, @Cube??

@Supergrunch do eeeeet!

I wouldn't mind going somewhere other than Five Guys, I don't know how much bigger/busier the Kings Cross one is but I feel like last time we got really lucky getting a big table.

I can bring GameCube pads but don't have an adapter.

I don't mind where we go. Five Guys is alright with me (never been, but love burgers), however they don't really seem to have veggie options for @Fierce_LiNk.

I don't mind where we go. Five Guys is alright with me (never been, but love burgers), however they don't really seem to have veggie options for @Fierce_LiNk.

They have one, but it's just the burger without the burger. Just the buns and toppings. Although there are a lot of toppings available.

They have one, but it's just the burger without the burger. Just the buns and toppings. Although there are a lot of toppings available.

A burger is pointless without a pattie. Especially when the person in question is not a massive fan of vegetables to begin with. :P

He eats meat if it's halal. So yeah.

As for games, I'm still hoping to have a rough Two Rooms and a Boom PnP for the Saturday. I have various others like Avalon, Deep Sea Adventure, Coup and No Thanks (@Rummy mentioned he was taking Codenames, so no need for me to bring that - great game, btw).

I'm looking forward to seeing FliNk and Eenuh again. It was great seeing them the other year, but I wish they'd had the time to stop and chat.

10580943_10154571672710341_6862653992533771127_o.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing FliNk and Eenuh again. It was great seeing them the other year, but I wish they'd had the time to stop and chat.

10580943_10154571672710341_6862653992533771127_o.jpg

It looks like Anil and I had a love child.

Except it's not love. Not the way we do it.

Right guys, the basement tables of Loading are fully booked but they can still reserve us some tables upstairs from which we can go downstairs to the consoles from/play board games on. They also say there will be a couple of DJs playing there. Still happy to go ahead with that?

We did Five Guys last year so I'm sure people would be happy to do something different this year. I'd prefer to get something like a Burrito (places like Tortilla do Halal chicken) as I have Five Guys pretty regularly and it's not very special anymore!

We did Five Guys last year so I'm sure people would be happy to do something different this year. I'd prefer to get something like a Burrito (places like Tortilla do Halal chicken) as I have Five Guys pretty regularly and it's not very special anymore!

I don't mind really! I'm fine with most food myself. :)

Just wondering how easy/difficult it would be for all of us to eat in the same place? Might be too big a group for most places anyway?

Right guys, the basement tables of Loading are fully booked but they can still reserve us some tables upstairs from which we can go downstairs to the consoles from/play board games on. They also say there will be a couple of DJs playing there. Still happy to go ahead with that?

May as well book it for now, but may be worth starting to think of anywhere else we could go Saturday night? @Rummy, do think Meltdown would be a viable option?

Ideally we just need a place with large enough tables for all of us to sit down and chill. Not that fussed about the games personally, but would be bonus.

I don't mind really! I'm fine with most food myself. :)

Just wondering how easy/difficult it would be for all of us to eat in the same place? Might be too big a group for most places anyway?

Last we there were around 12 of us in Five Guys, but I see your point. I don't want to fracture into two groups if we can help it.

Another idea is to find a gastropub near Hyde Park and stay there for a bit before moving on to Loading.

Any suggestions welcome. Will try to do some investigation this week.

May as well book it for now, but may be worth starting to think of anywhere else we could go Saturday night? @Rummy, do think Meltdown would be a viable option?

Ideally we just need a place with large enough tables for all of us to sit down and chill. Not that fussed about the games personally, but would be bonus.

Last we there were around 12 of us in Five Guys, but I see your point. I don't want to fracture into two groups if we can help it.

Another idea is to find a gastropub near Hyde Park and stay there for a bit before moving on to Loading.

Any suggestions welcome. Will try to do some investigation this week.

Cool, have responded saying upstairs will be fine, we should have plenty of room there as I've give 15 as the number of us going down. From my experience, I think it should still be more suitable than Meltdown. 8pm is the time I said, just so you guys know :)

I'm really not fussy about the food options so will happily go with the flow there. I'd happily try one of the other posher burgers that I haven't got round to like Patty & Bun, Meatliquor, Honest Burgers, Shake Shack, etc. if any of those have better veggie options and appeal to people. Or pub food is absolutely fine but I think anywhere near Hyde Park might be a struggle for a group of our size, unless it was completely pre-arranged.

Or a burrito is a brilliant idea as suggested by @Goron_3, I love Chilango which is in Angel, Camden, Soho, Chancery Lane + more, not sure if they do halal but also a good option for veggies.

Edited by Mr-Paul

Don't worry about changing the food places on my behalf. I either go for the veggie options or I can just load up on sides. Not sure if I've ever actually been out for a burrito, that sounds like an interesting idea.

Looking forward to seeing you sexy people soon!

Bringing your copy of Coup, @Cube? Mine's a bit missing/box fallen apart. Also think mr-paul is probably still on point about Loading over Meltdown @Zell, I've only ever been melt down for Smash nights but I don't really know how much table-age they have there. Totes agree with you on trying to avoid a split if possible, and maybe considering something pubwise for eats in that case.

Cool, have responded saying upstairs will be fine, we should have plenty of room there as I've give 15 as the number of us going down. From my experience, I think it should still be more suitable than Meltdown. 8pm is the time I said, just so you guys know :)

I'm really not fussy about the food options so will happily go with the flow there. I'd happily try one of the other posher burgers that I haven't got round to like Patty & Bun, Meatliquor, Honest Burgers, Shake Shack, etc. if any of those have better veggie options and appeal to people. Or pub food is absolutely fine but I think anywhere near Hyde Park might be a struggle for a group of our size, unless it was completely pre-arranged.

Or a burrito is a brilliant idea as suggested by @Goron_3, I love Chilango which is in Angel, Camden, Soho, Chancery Lane + more, not sure if they do halal but also a good option for veggies.

Is Chilango also a bar? If so that might be a better shout anyway. Heard amazing things about it and Burrito's a fairly cheap too.

Burritos before like 10 of us sleep in the same room?

No thanks :p