NEurope
Zell

N-Europe Summer Meet 2016 (13th August)

Alright you slags, who is up for meeting up?

Last year's thread

Unless there are strong protestations, this will take place in London like it has done every year.

Post your interest/disinterest here.

Edit by Cube: Spreadsheet

Edited by Cube

Post your interest/disinterest here.

Interests:

Ice cream, long walks on the beach, wine.

Disinterests:

ReZ

Interests: anywhere that isn't London

Disinterests: London

joking of course

Been waiting for this to pop up - I am down on all grounds. Will do availability in a bit.

EDIT: After a mini-panic attack that I forgot to RSVP my friends' wedding, and now finding out it isn't actually until like December, my availability is up!

EDITEDIT: Forgot bride's birthday tho -.-

Edited by Rummy

I will of course be attending! First week of June I will be away - will update with any other weeks I can't do later (wedding at some point, forget when). For now, can make time most weekends!

I say we hammer this date down and make it official.

I concur.

Can I also suggest a Patty & Bun trip, too? :love:

Yep :) be good to get a date down now! Put it in yo calendars people.

And fill out the spreadsheet! Don't want to see the spreadsheet empty and then a couple of weeks before the event saying "oh, I can't do that date..."

What's the point in filling in the spreadsheet if a date has already been chosen?

Also what's the point in filling in the spreadsheet if some sneaky sneakerton is going to change your input anyway.

Funny to be asked "what's the point in filling in the spreadsheet" by the person who filled it out in the most pointless way imaginable....

What's the point in filling in the spreadsheet if a date has already been chosen?

And how do you think the date was chosen?

And how do you think the date was chosen?

I meant that Shorty was telling people to continue filling in the spreadsheet, even though the date had been chosen.

It would be good to get the date finalised soon to give people enough notice in case people want to book travel or book time off work (I'll be looking to take the Friday off so I'm in no rush to get home early).

30th July is looking to be the date, but it would be good to hear from people who attended last year.

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@dwarf gourami

@Marcamillian

@The Bard

@Anyone I may have missed

I think if we don't hear from anyone by next week then we will go ahead with 30th July.

Maybe possible, but London is so far for a Northerner, New York is closer to me

I've never been to a meet up, what exactly does it entail? drinking? if so last train home is out, i'd never make it

I think Dannyboy making the trip over from Denmark prevents anyone in England using the "too far" excuse :p

Last time, we fit about 12 of us in Zell's living room and slept on the floor/sofa/tables/in his bed with him.

Meet up typically involves gaming (board, card and video), drinking, a bar or two, sightseeing, food, hanging out in the park, Rez pushing his youtube channels on poor unsuspecting teenagers, an IRL game we're all getting too old for called Ninja, and in Rummy's case, a lot of sleeping.

Edited by Shorty

I think Dannyboy making the trip over from Denmark prevents anyone in England using the "too far" excuse :p

Some of us live in what is practically Scotland and to come down south we have to make it past the wall and some whitewalkers (there are some very pale people up here like @MilaGi)

It would be good to get the date finalised soon to give people enough notice in case people want to book travel or book time off work (I'll be looking to take the Friday off so I'm in no rush to get home early).

30th July is looking to be the date, but it would be good to hear from people who attended last year.

@Dannyboy\-the\-Dane

@dwarf gourami

@Marcamillian

@The Bard

@Anyone I may have missed

I think if we don't hear from anyone by next week then we will go ahead with 30th July.

Pfft, like you even have to ask. Course I'm in. Any date is fine by me.

Meet up typically involves gaming (board, card and video)

Hmm, there's a game called Two Rooms and A Boom that I think us lot might enjoy. It's a fun "social" game.

Everyone is split into two groups at random. Everyone is a hidden role. A leader is selected (you can vote for a new one at any time) for each group and at the end of X minutes, the leader picks Y amount of people to go into the other group.

There are two teams (plus some dirty neutrals). The blue team has the president. The red team has a bomber. If the bomber is in the same "room" as the president, at the end of the game, they win.

Throughout the game, you can show other players either part of your card (the team colour) or your whole card. Some other roles include people that can only show the team part of the card, people who have to lie about everything and spies (who have the colour of the other team on their card).

The actual game is pretty difficult to get hold of, but there are plenty of Print & Play ones, so I could print a version for us. Perhaps even a custom one.