NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Julius

POLL: home console Pokémon game?

Would you buy the outlined Pokémon home console game?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Would you buy the outlined Pokémon home console game?

• Yes
    • No

Pokemon-Unreal-Engine-4.jpg

@\[u\]\[size\="5"\]Retro_Link\[/size\]\[/u\][/i][/b]

Edited by Julius Caesar

I only ever play my portable consoles when I'm on the move. And not behind the wheel. Or working on something on my laptop.

In other words, I do NOT play games that last 20+ hours on it.

So yes, PLEASE give me a home console Pokemon. Without the top-down camera angle. Or Pokemons saying their own names. Seriously, I'll rather listen to the OG 8-bit screeches than the buggers saying their own names over and over again.

I'm pleased you made the results of this anonymous, @Serebii would be hunting down and assassinating all those who voted the 'wrong way' haha

I'M JUST JOKING!!! Well, I hope I am...

You see, I'm not sure how I should vote.

I mean, I probably would buy it, but it's not as simple as that for me.

Would this, for example, mean that the portable versions no longer exist?

Portability is a major factor for my Pokemon experience. The thought of playing traditional Pokemon on a home console makes me very sad and if this would be the direction the series go (IF! It's just a hypothetical). Then it would lose a major selling point.

Online battles don't appeal to me one bit, people who have far too much time on their hands (Or just blatantly cheat) using the same boring old teams over and over again.

Oh, and seeing Pokemon models in super realistic areas just looks silly. Completely breaks any kind of realism it's trying to go for.

So I vote no, out of principle.

I'm pleased you made the results of this anonymous, @Serebii would be hunting down and assassinating all those who voted the 'wrong way' haha

I voted Yes :p

I voted Yes :p

So I vote no, out of principle.

Well, I'm marked then.

Oh well, I'll just show him a picture of a Grumpig in a Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game, should make him irritated enough for me to do a legger.

To be fair, the question was "Will you buy it?". Of course the answer to that is Yes for me :p

Oh, and seeing Pokemon models in super realistic areas just looks silly. Completely breaks any kind of realism it's trying to go for.

What if the areas looked like in Zelda U?

What if the areas looked like in Zelda U?

Now, that would look a bit better.

Art style always trumps raw graphics for me. And Pokemon just doesn't suit realistic settings, no matter how many sophisticated shaders you add to them.

But that still wouldn't solve the major issue of no portability. I know the majority of people here game at home, but I don't, public transport is always a good time to boot up a game. And I can't be the only one in the world who likes Pokemon to be on a portable console.

Sure, you get prettier graphics and all, but I don't care. It's Pokemon. No-one plays Pokemon for graphics!

Sure, it would have more integrated online features, but what good does that do me? I barely have online access and I hate battling online. I'd be playing a Pokemon MMORPG by myself, how lonely is that?

No-one plays Pokemon for graphics!

That's because they've always been rubbish.

That's because they've always been rubbish.

I dunno, B/W looked pretty sweet, pixelation aside.

Sign in to follow this