NEurope
Choze

Overwatch

So yeah, I probably won't be joining in/ruining anyone's game on here (like I did the other day to Eenuh :blush:) but feel free to join me if you like the extra challenge of playing with a flaky teammate, or don't take the game too seriously. :D

IMO there is no ruining of games in Quick Play. Once you've played ranked, where losing matters, Quick Play becomes more fun and relaxed. Perfectly happy to play with people who haven't played before, or to play as a hero I'm not very good with.

Add us and join in :)

I can only play quickplay right now because you have to be lvl 25 for ranked so I'm happy for anyone to join me too :p

Christmas decorating with my flatmates this evening but will try to get on later for some games with other newbies on quickplay!

Anyone on tonight? Happy to QP or if possible knock out the 10 placement matches with a solid group for all 10. Mostly just to see how our end ranks might turn out with the rumours of it being close to S2 finishings.

We've actually all stopped playing Overwatch now and we're moving onto Uncharted.

Had meant to post at @Mr\-Paul and @Eenuh for the games the other night - hope you didn't mind us doing Brawls(and the super long waiting times as there was 6 of us) - we were just tearing up the brawls to mix it up a bit and get some of the Arcade loot boxes - but I had some rather enjoyable games!

Had meant to post at @Mr\-Paul and @Eenuh for the games the other night - hope you didn't mind us doing Brawls(and the super long waiting times as there was 6 of us) - we were just tearing up the brawls to mix it up a bit and get some of the Arcade loot boxes - but I had some rather enjoyable games!

No problems, I enjoy those sort of games that mix it up a bit! It's just a shame about the wait. It's clear I need more practice to get up to your guys levels though as I'm still pretty fresh to the game - sometimes I do well but then sometimes I'm goddamn awful still!

No problems, I enjoy those sort of games that mix it up a bit! It's just a shame about the wait. It's clear I need more practice to get up to your guys levels though as I'm still pretty fresh to the game - sometimes I do well but then sometimes I'm goddamn awful still!

As I said last night - level and skill are certainly not on an equal footing! Consider also that I tend to play most often in groups and got a 20% XP bonus for a lot of that.

Testament to my lack of skill for my apparent level is probably given from the games I joined last night - if I was so much better than you guys surely I should be taking all the golds!! You do improve with time though, I'm certainly at a better level now than I was when I started.

Have ended up spectating Eenuh a few times as D.Va and Sombra - I've seen quite a quick falloff with Sombra usage generally, but I feel like from spectating that Eenuh's definitely picked up Overwatch quicker than I did! No way was I playing at that sort of level, at that level!

Have you tried any competitive stuff yet @Eenuh? It's certainly different and can feel a bit more tense/serious, but I'm curious as to where your Season performance might end up given your level compared to how I've seen you play!

As I said last night - level and skill are certainly not on an equal footing! Consider also that I tend to play most often in groups and got a 20% XP bonus for a lot of that.

Testament to my lack of skill for my apparent level is probably given from the games I joined last night - if I was so much better than you guys surely I should be taking all the golds!! You do improve with time though, I'm certainly at a better level now than I was when I started.

Have ended up spectating Eenuh a few times as D.Va and Sombra - I've seen quite a quick falloff with Sombra usage generally, but I feel like from spectating that Eenuh's definitely picked up Overwatch quicker than I did! No way was I playing at that sort of level, at that level!

Have you tried any competitive stuff yet @Eenuh? It's certainly different and can feel a bit more tense/serious, but I'm curious as to where your Season performance might end up given your level compared to how I've seen you play!

Nah I've not tried any competitive stuff yet to be honest, just been doing Quick Play and occasionally some Arcade. I don't actually like using Sombra (or any of the offense characters), I don't think I'm any good with her. My character of choice is still D.Va as I don't die as quickly as when I'm playing other characters (yay for 600 health!). :P

Even though I'm still very shit at the game, I'm having fun with it. It's especially great when you join a game near the end, and you're the one helping to turn it around (or at least that's what you tell yourself haha). :D

I will locate my headphones today by the way and try to start using them. Hadn't before because I don't want to annoy @Fierce_LiNk when he's doing something else, but he'll just have to deal with it (or finally join in!). :P

For entry into attack characters try Soldier or Reaper, both can get their health back and both have quick methods of escape.

I don't feel like any character has an L1/R1 ability that isn't a very important part of them so, until you're comfortable using all their abilities really naturally, I wouldn't discount anyone.

So I've recently got back into this in a big way after not being able to play for a while. I'm really enjoying it and looking forward to the Xmas Mei event.

Has anyone played that much yet?

Played the Mei event 4 or 5 times, I really like it! Although it can be frustratingly quick to get eliminated by chance.

I've played a few times - but generally with friends and I mostly suck at it. Dunno if I'd be more frustrated in single player, but it's certainly a fun little mode! I think really I just need to adjust to it and use my abilities a bit more really.

What are folks up to on Boxing Day(I'm recovering, I presume) - wondering if we might get a few 12 man custom games going for the festive period? Do I have any takers??

Away with family most of next week I'm afraid!

Maybe I should take the PS4....

What are folks up to on Boxing Day(I'm recovering, I presume) - wondering if we might get a few 12 man custom games going for the festive period? Do I have any takers??

Probably from 8pm.

Shoulda known you'd all be damn dirty grownups. Not that I can really point any/many fingers.

Nonetheless I think I'm pretty much gonna be on OW/PS4 chat and stuff all day tomorrow. Probs won't get the 12 man going but if you see me on and wanna join or chat then do feel free to message or do so! May be in a 6-man team as a prior warning(got a noob just xmasing up) but if not then happy for folks to get involved!

I picked this a few days ago but it's unplayable. I took it back to Game but they said it's probably the servers are too busy as it's Christmas. Has anybody else had problems with this?

I picked this a few days ago but it's unplayable. I took it back to Game but they said it's probably the servers are too busy as it's Christmas. Has anybody else had problems with this?

None at all.

None at all.

I've done the initial game update twice (either side of an HDD upgrade) so I can't imaging that is corrupt. The game loads but when you play the player doesn't have a gun and it's horribly laggy. Could this be a problem with the disc? All my other games are running perfectly and I have fibre optic broadband so everything points to a dodgy disc, but the 12 year old who served me in Game said if the game boots up the disc is ok. I know this is nonsense you can play a CD that starts ok and then skips later on as it's only reading a certain part of the disc at any given time.

I've done the initial game update twice (either side of an HDD upgrade) so I can't imaging that is corrupt. The game loads but when you play the player doesn't have a gun and it's horribly laggy. Could this be a problem with the disc? All my other games are running perfectly and I have fibre optic broadband so everything points to a dodgy disc, but the 12 year old who served me in Game said if the game boots up the disc is ok. I know this is nonsense you can play a CD that starts ok and then skips later on as it's only reading a certain part of the disc at any given time.

Yeah could be, this sounds really odd to be honest.

Usually the ps4 will crap out and close the application if it has a problem reading part of the disc.

Can you not take it back and get a refund and buy it somewhere else if they won't swap it.