NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Hero-of-Time

Yakuza 0 (PS4)

Got a purchase confirmation and account charge e-mail form ShopTo for Yakuza 0, but no dispatch e-mail yet. I'm not really bothered about getting this early although it would be nice.

I tried getting an answer from then via the live chat to see if they were posting today. I mentioned that everywhere else has shipped their copies but the best I got from them was that they would ship the game for release day.

the best I got from them was that they would ship the game for release day.

Looks like Tuesday for me then...

EDIT: Just got a text saying it was dispatched biut it seems kinda late in the day for it to be delivered tomorrow, will be expecting it Monday then.

Edited by martinist

As hyped as I am for this, think I'm gonna wait a while before picking it up.

It was annoying how quickly Yakuza 5 dropped in price/became "free", and I get the feeling Yakuza Zero will probably follow a similar pattern.

Just watch the complete opposite happen now. :heh:

EDIT: Just got a text saying it was dispatched biut it seems kinda late in the day for it to be delivered tomorrow, will be expecting it Monday then.

Just got the same text.

Believe for tomorrow, martinist. BELIEVE!

As hyped as I am for this, think I'm gonna wait a while before picking it up.

It was annoying how quickly Yakuza 5 dropped in price/became "free", and I get the feeling Yakuza Zero will probably follow a similar pattern.

Just watch the complete opposite happen now. :heh:

I'm very surprised by this. I thought you would have been all over the release of this game.

When they used to be a bit more reliable I've had stuff ordered from ShopTo at around 3pm that still arrived next day so you might still get lucky.

Game has just arrived and theres no update to download so looks like I'll be starting it in a minute!

Game has just arrived and theres no update to download so looks like I'll be starting it in a minute!

Shopto let me down but Simply Games done the business and Kingdom Hearts was delivered.

Just looking at my PSN account, I do still own Yakuza 4 and 5 digitally. I might have to setup my crappy PS3 again with the broken drive so I can replay 4 and finally play 5. Just a shame 3 was never released digitally otherwise I would have played that as well.

Nice to see this game has had a lot of word of mouth and excellent reviews.

Seems like this game is the best to also start off with.

Any idea why this is unavailable to be order on Amazon?

Possibly sold put. I know a fair few people picked this up with the £10 off deal that Amazon had on last week.

Got this through the door Monday morning. Put it in around 11:45am and didn't take it out of my PS4 untill a few minutes ago. Pretty good so far, haven't gotten to the real estate or hostess management stuff yet though.

Edited by martinist
punctuation!

Free DLC for the next few weeks.

According to Sega, it will be releasing a few patches over the next couple of weeks that add free downloadable content to the game. Each batch will contain content such as new outfits, weapons, items, and crafting components. The first downloadable content is available today, and three additional batches will be made available every week until February 14.

Finally got around to starting this last night. What a strange opening to a game. One minute I was beating the hell out of some thugs and the next I was forced into doing some karaoke. :D

I'm not that far into it ( still on the first chapter ) and at the moment i'm just walking around beating up random thugs for money/exp to level up Kiryu. It feels like i'm grinding in a JRPG. Good times. :)

• Like 1

Currently around 30hrs in and only completed Chapter 6 earlier today but wow, this game is just incredible.

The story so far has been really fucking good (I'm not really surprised), the side stories have been a mix of hilarious, touching and some contain great fan service with notable nods to later games in the series and I absolutely love some of 80's pop culture references. The combat is great as always and I love the mixing up of the different styles.

I've only dabbled with some of the minigames and there's always the usual suspects that I just can't get down but that doesn't make them any less enjoyable.

As for the whole business of things, I've couple unlocked Kirya's at the moment

which is real estate management

but I'm also enjoying the hell out of that. I can also see me spending more hours on that alone than I initially expected.

In fact, I would be hard pressed to find any faults at all with the game, but then again, I may be slightly biased :heh:

• Like 1

After having a really great holiday in Japan, I wanted to try some very Japanese games that wouldn't usually be on my radar. Seeing some screenshots that looked a lot like Dotonbori, Yakuza 0 seemed perfect.

So far I'm enjoying it a lot, the combat is fun and the cut scenes and story are pretty cool.

This game is currently £20 in the online store, well worth it. I think the ones on PS3 are also heavily discounted.

I think I'm near the end of the game now, really enjoyed it so far. The cabaret club mini game gives Gwent a run for its money in addictiveness. 

Definitely going to put down a pre order for Yakuza Kiwami. 

• Like 1

On 27/01/2017 at 11:58 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Finally got around to starting this last night. What a strange opening to a game. One minute I was beating the hell out of some thugs and the next I was forced into doing some karaoke. :D

I'm not that far into it ( still on the first chapter ) and at the moment i'm just walking around beating up random thugs for money/exp to level up Kiryu. It feels like i'm grinding in a JRPG. Good times. :)

Did you finish it?

I eventually picked it up back in May. Finished the story, but still have a lot of the extra stuff to complete. Moved on to Yakuza Kiwami though (which I did get at launch) and actually got into that game even more than Zero! I'm currently doing a playthrough of Kiwami on Legend difficulty, but am now at the infamous car chase chapter... :shakehead So yeah, might not happen. :heh: How SEGA didn't think to add a checkpoint before that section I'll never know. ::shrug:

Edited by RedShell

1 hour ago, RedShell said:

Did you finish it?

Nah. I gave up on it pretty early on. I was enjoying the main story but the everything else is just far too cringe worthy and daft for me to enjoy.

38 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Nah. I gave up on it pretty early on. I was enjoying the main story but the everything else is just far too cringe worthy and daft for me to enjoy.

That’s a shame.

The daftness is one of the main reasons I adore the Yakuza series, but yeah, clearly not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. At least you gave it a go.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedShell said:

That’s a shame.

The daftness is one of the main reasons I adore the Yakuza series, but yeah, clearly not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. At least you gave it a go.

I think part of the problem was just how packed this year has been for games. If I had nothing else to play then I would have been more inclined to stick with it. With the first half of the year been stacked for PS4 owners, if a game didn't resonate with me then it got shelved for something else that was waiting to be played.

Huber, Brad and Ben from Easy Allies have went on about Yakuza enough that I've given in and picked up Zero with part of the voucher I got for trading in an old phone to CeX.

I think I'll save it for Christmas along with The Last Guardian and Until Dawn. I may also pick up The Phantom Pain on PS4 having not yet touched it on PS3 but I'm not sure I'll be that keen on it!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this