NEurope
ReZourceman

How Was Your Day?

I proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes. :D

Congratulations! :D

Got a romantic story to go with it?

Also five guys opened by Kings Cross so am currently nursing a food baby. Good shit.

Is this where you proposed? :P

Never been to Five Guys, not familiar with it at all. Love burgers though so maybe during the meet I should pay it a visit. Mmmm burgers.

Congratulations! :D

Got a romantic story to go with it?

Is this where you proposed? :P

Never been to Five Guys, not familiar with it at all. Love burgers though so maybe during the meet I should pay it a visit. Mmmm burgers.

You should visit Patty & Bun..best burger in London, ain't that right @MoogleViper @Zell.

You should visit Patty & Bun..best burger in London, ain't that right @MoogleViper @Zell.

Would love to!

Though I just noticed that this place and Five Guys don't have many veggie options for the other half. And anything with mushrooms is a big no-no for him. :P

Would love to!

Though I just noticed that this place and Five Guys don't have many veggie options for the other half. And anything with mushrooms is a big no-no for him. :P

We'll leave him and Ashley to find some veggie stuff :smile:

Vegetarians who don't like mushrooms are just wrong.

Hell, anyone who doesn't like mushrooms has something wrong with them. Mushrooms are the best.

I bloody love mushrooms

Da best.

I had a shit day, my house sale is delayed AGAIN. 5 months and still waiting. Just getting silly now :-(

meh, its been a lovely day but my flat is COLD. I've got very deep windowsills, which means, at this time of year the sun being very high, i'm not getting sunshine inside. Its warmer here in autumn and early spring!

I'm just SO against putting my electric heater on in fucking june (almost!) that I sat in a fluffy blanket sulking lol

meh, its been a lovely day but my flat is COLD. I've got very deep windowsills, which means, at this time of year the sun being very high, i'm not getting sunshine inside. Its warmer here in autumn and early spring!

I'm just SO against putting my electric heater on in fucking june (almost!) that I sat in a fluffy blanket sulking lol

I never put the heating on lol. Well, thats a lie actually. Around 3 years ago I put my shitty electric heaters on for a few days as the snow had been hanging around for about a week by then.

My garden then:

644441_101473250048867_1271744896_n.jpg?oh=667b54b0f31e2a5f36379108d950799e&oe=57C91239

I have eco 7 which is about as much use as a slap round the face. I have a plug in heater which is oil filled (looks like a regular heater and is the most efficient type of plug in one) which i use as my main source of heat. Detest having to put any of them on as you may as well just throw your money away. Not only is both eco7 and the plug in heater ridiculously expensive, its really inefficient in these flats. Got 3 outside walls, and damp problems which require keeping the window open all day.

I'd rather be cold than warm and mouldy...ugh.

The only way I could keep on top of the mould growth was by repainting the entire room with special anti mould paint (much like toxic pva) and silk paint for ease of cleaning... out of my own pocket of course.... my landlord just painted OVER the mould lol

I have eco 7 which is about as much use as a slap round the face. I have a plug in heater which is oil filled (looks like a regular heater and is the most efficient type of plug in one) which i use as my main source of heat. Detest having to put any of them on as you may as well just throw your money away. Not only is both eco7 and the plug in heater ridiculously expensive, its really inefficient in these flats. Got 3 outside walls, and damp problems which require keeping the window open all day.

I'd rather be cold than warm and mouldy...ugh.

The only way I could keep on top of the mould growth was by repainting the entire room with special anti mould paint (much like toxic pva) and silk paint for ease of cleaning... out of my own pocket of course.... my landlord just painted OVER the mould lol

Sounds EXACTLY like my old place in Leeds.

Fucking landlords eh?

The only real way of solving it is by getting better heating really. Oil wouldn't be practical with 8 flats, in the space of 2 semi detached houses without a garden. (no room for tanks) and gas isn't piped here. So in other words, deal with eeet.

I gave my notice today so I won't be putting up with it anymore...yaaaay.

We can't have gas here, due to being next to an alarmingly explosive military base, so we're stuck with Economy 7. I don't mind it too much. It heats the house reasonably well and that's with very old heaters. If we upgraded, it would probably be much better.

My only gripe with it is that it takes an element of planning, due to it taking a day or two to heat the house up or cool down again.

Had a day to myself as I've been on the usual downward spiral that I find myself in every month or so. I feel especially mentally drained lately. Constant nightmares and bad thoughts, I've decided in my mind finally after batting the idea back and forth that I need to get out of care work even if it's just for 6 months or so.

Last year was so draining personally with family matters and trying to keep my head above water emotionally was pretty hard. As such, I'm still in a fragile state and I just can't handle the emotional aspect of my job lately. Death is to be expected in my job role but ive had to deal with the death of 3 that I was very close to recently and keep getting images of them every now and then, the terrible state they end up in and seeing them take their last breath and become motionless is something I can't seem to push out of my mind.

Had a day to myself as I've been on the usual downward spiral that I find myself in every month or so. I feel especially mentally drained lately. Constant nightmares and bad thoughts, I've decided in my mind finally after batting the idea back and forth that I need to get out of care work even if it's just for 6 months or so.

Last year was so draining personally with family matters and trying to keep my head above water emotionally was pretty hard. As such, I'm still in a fragile state and I just can't handle the emotional aspect of my job lately. Death is to be expected in my job role but ive had to deal with the death of 3 that I was very close to recently and keep getting images of them every now and then, the terrible state they end up in and seeing them take their last breath and become motionless is something I can't seem to push out of my mind.

Im so sorry to hear about this!

Care work sounds like an absolute nightmare. I would always choose retail of care work 100%. Maybe thats something you should consider?

I'm now in Birmingham for a few days for the UK Games Expo. I'm not entirely sure what to expect but it should be good fun.

Im so sorry to hear about this!

Care work sounds like an absolute nightmare. I would always choose retail of care work 100%. Maybe thats something you should consider?

I didn't particularly want to get back into retail but at the minute that seems like the simplest option until I've figured out what else I want to do with my life!

I forgot that you'd switched jobs and thought you were still in retail, and was only mildly surprised when you said that death was expected in your job.

I didn't particularly want to get back into retail but at the minute that seems like the simplest option until I've figured out what else I want to do with my life!

I've been working retail for 7 years but decided to start looking for admin/reception jobs recently.

I dont have any particular hate for retail - I just need a job which pays me an actual wage for once!

When I first started in retail they would give you set hours and set days with a decent contract - nowadays that basic type of job security is almost entirely unheard of.

A super flamboyantly homosexual man has recently joined work.

I got talking to him a bit more today.

I asked him what his favourite colour was. He said it was obvious. I said ".....Pink?" and he actually meant red, in reference to the shirt he was wearing.

Died.

I thought the only acceptable response to "What is your favourite colour" is "I don't have one, I'm not five years old".

I thought the only acceptable response to "What is your favourite colour" is "I don't have one, I'm not five years old".

You seriously don't have a favourite colour????