NEurope
ReZourceman

How Was Your Day?

Yeah it was pretty similar to that set-list. Can't remember exactly how different, especially because it's quite hard to tell which songs they're doing when they mix them up into a songtage.

He did one song from Interstellar - i think it was Mountains. Was good. My favourite bits were Sherlock, Lion King, Inception, Gladiator, and most of all - Pirate of the Caribbean.

The one criticism i had (other than the slightly crappy seats we had) was the lighting. It was a bit over the top; they had far too much strobing and flashing lights that it kind of ruined some of the songs. I had to look away at some points because it was painful to look at!

I'm jealous that you have yet to see it!

NO FUCKING WAY? MOUNTAINS?

Are you sure?

This one, brah.

Oh my god, I think I will actually die if that gets played. Hnnnngggg.

Actually no, sorry. I checked a set list, and apparently it wasn't Mountains. Sorry brah.

Still, it was a bit like that. So, you're kind of good, no?

Got up tried playing banjo tooie again but nope it's still shit. Went for a run and now I'm shattered. Someone come and rub my legs please.

Had a good weekend, new bed arrived on Friday at 7:45am (pretty early, but hey i'm not complaining). Had the entire day booked off as they gave the window of "delivery between 8am and 6pm". So that was good. Had it all set-up on by 11am, and as i had the entire day off i decided to surprise Sophie by showing up to her work with a bunch of her favourite flowers.

Saturday, she arrived with me to meet my parents. Had a nice chat, then we went and did our own thing before heading out for a meal in the evening at the local. Had a nice evening out, had a few drinks and a nice meal.

Sunday, just chilled out for a few hours before she headed home.

O hai. This thread is certainly a blast from the past.

My day was very uneventful as I was just feeling very bleurgh throughout most of it.

I went to see Muse last night at The Hydro. Their performance was excellent and lightshow was incredible but it just felt a bit... boring. Maybe its because I was seated so far back but we could've just been listening to the CD with a fancy light show. What I love most about gigs is the interaction with the audience, hear people sing along and really get into it but there was none of that. Matt Bellamy said "alright, Glasgow!" about 5 times and that was it. THere was nothing else at all.

Edited by Ashley
removed off-topic discussion following thrip

Why is today dragging so much??? I've got a good amount of work done, been in two meetings but its still only 2.00pm :(

Another good weekend done and dusted (why do they go so quick). Met Sophie's parents, both loved me and think i'm the best thing to arrive into Sophie's life. Also met her grandparents, brother and various friends and family members over the course of the weekend.

I've got a few days off work and I'm spending them in London. Should be good fun.

Incredible day for Food Review UK and for me. We went to McDonald's UK HQ to try the new Great Tastes Of America range (starting tomorrow) and it was awesome and super great and I feel awesome.

I'm in a really rotten rotten place. Everything is overwhelming for no reason at all and I just want to dig a hole and hide in it til the cloud over my head floats away :(

edit: i have a doctors appointment tomorrow to talk about going back on the anti depressants too.

Sold my motorbike :D was starting to worry it wasn't going to sell, was a bit annoyed that I'd spent £20 on an Autotrader ad and gotten zero responses. Then I finally got one response, guy came straight round, checked it worked and then paid me the asking price for it!

I'm happy, but also kinda sad, I will miss it! 125s are a bit pants after you've been on something better, but she was still my first bike.

DSC_0222.JPG

Onwards and upwards!

Edited by Shorty

I actually saved someone from serious harm today.

So I walked into an arts and crafts shop (name forever escapes me but it was the first time I ever went there) and all I heard was screaming and shouting. I look onwards to see a woman had fallen on the escalators and somehow, her hair got tangled up on one of the steps and she couldn't move. I heard her scream loud and her sister (I'm assuming) was trying to get her up but she couldn't.

Everyone's still watching them and I shouted to stop the escalator quick. They were all still standing there watching so I forced my way to the escalator to try and find the stop button. Eventually found it and was pressing it multiple times. Eventually it stopped so I shouted for someone to call an ambulance. One of the shoppers behind me was a first aider so she ran up with me.

Her sister was trying to hold her up but couldn't so I helped her a bit and we got her hair out of the steps luckily enough. She was a couple of steps off from the top as well. I've never seen anyone get their hair tangled in one before.

The first aider said apart from the bruise and cut on her head, she's fine but to double-check with the medics.

Got a load of well dones and stuff. Was so weird. Everything was a complete blur and couldn't remember much but the woman who helped told me what happened. The medic said I did a good job reacting fast and said the reason why I didn't remember so clearly is probably adrenaline. Never really experienced anything like it before.

I just hope the woman is okay

Edited by Animal

Ups and downs beyond belief.

- Japanese food I ordered arrived.

- A company I've been trying to get (buy) a drink from are being cunts, after weeks of messaging on Twitter I get an absurdly unhelpful e-mail from them, after they promised me they'd sort it.

- My friend sent me a message to tell me that a product I've been desperate to try from America (Four Loko) has been sent to him after a subscriber saw me say I wanted to try it.

- My mate got Uncharted 4 at work, I ordered from the same place and when I got home didn't have it (video below).

- I got an e-mail from one of FRUK's favourite companies asking if I'd like to try their new product exclusively before anyone else/before they announce it.

SO MANY UPS AND DOWNS.

Had a fantastic 9 days off, first time in a while i can actually say that (most of which i spent with the girlfriend).

My day has been poop. Another set back in house purchase, I'm losing the will to live in a flat thats mostly packed away...!

Another good weekend (well, they are all good to be fair). Quiet in comparison to the weekend before, but that's because we've got a busy one this coming bank holiday weekend. Went out for a few walks, had an Indian on the Saturday night followed by a few drinks in the local. Sunday, bit of shopping before sorting myself out for the week.

Got sent a product to try today (well) before it's released. Plain white bag as packaging not yet designed, they want me to give feedback to them on it in case any changes are needed. I'm the only person outside the company to know it exists.

Pretty fucking sweet.

And we got invited as VIP guests of another company to go to the BBC Good Food Show.

Pretty fucking sweet.

I proposed to my girlfriend and she said yes. :D

Also five guys opened by Kings Cross so am currently nursing a food baby. Good shit.

I got charged £35 extra last month and £15 already this month on my EE contract. I pay for my phone and my nans iPad on my account, after ringing up to find out, it seems nan has somehow set up some regular payment to a healthy living and eye training site through text messages? I didn't know that was even possible. Anyway I've got EE to stop it and block websites that charge straight to the phone bill.

Every time I see my nan she's fearful of accidently buying things and I always reassure her that there's no way she can without giving card details or entering her apple password, as I thought there wasnt! I guess I was wrong :p Anyway, I've been assured by EE it wont happen again now that the block is in place so I probably just won't mention it, else she'll be too worried to touch her ipad again. She could have signed up for worse things :p

On a positive note, I sorted out my phones insurance whist talking to them, which I've been meaning to do for ages especially in time for holiday, and set up a block of pre-paid texts and minutes for when I go! Got my medical insurance sorted today as well. Lots of customer service calls for one day.

Also five guys opened by Kings Cross so am currently nursing a food baby. Good shit.

Congratulations!

My day was good. The Beauty and the Beast trailer dropped and completely made me lose my shit!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

So happy for you dude :) Five Guys is awesome.