NEurope
ReZourceman

How Was Your Day?

So is this the amalgamation of the good/bad thread then?

We had a "How was your day" thread before. It spawned following the closure "Post your meaningless post of the day thread". However in an effort to reduce the mega threads it was broken out into the good stuff and bad stuff threads.

Sounds like our flat. We put up our own makeshift curtains which helped no end. You can literally feel the cold air coming around the sides though.

My flat is the same. The bedroom window/wall is the worst. Next to the window there's a cupboard built into the wall but the right hand panel isn't flush into the wall. If you shine a torch through you can actually see brick crumbling away. The bedroom is always a few degrees colder than the living room (which is bad enough). Glad we're moving next month.

We used to have a Chinese guy who lived below us, who would have his heating on full all winter. It was great, it was like underfloor heating. Then he moved out, and we've had nothing but miserly skinflints since, who don't even seem to know where the thermostat is.

We had a "How was your day" thread before. It spawned following the closure "Post your meaningless post of the day thread". However in an effort to reduce the mega threads it was broken out into the good stuff and bad stuff threads.

I remember those times well. Just curious as to why we're regressing.

A pretty standard day of strolling though Akihabara in Tokyo for me.

My day as been bad so far, PS4 is dead, won't switch on, won't boot to safe mode and is blowing any fuse i put in the plug (gone through two 5A fuses), so i'm now a £125 light and no ps4

Today I made a girl wet herself.

Did you bump into her while she was carrying her drink?

Did you bump into her while she was carrying her drink?

Lets just say yes and leave it at that...

A pretty standard day of strolling though Akihabara in Tokyo for me.

Nice! I really want to do that at some point - it's amazing how far around the city they get. Been up to much else?

Yesterday actually got worse, since my PS4 is dead i was playing on my WiiU more..............and the rubble feature in the gamepad started squeaking sometime around 11pm whilst walking around in the wind waker with the iron boots on....fuck

Currently working on a new replacement for the theme on my personal blog since the old one is broken for a week now. However I'm in a CBA mood atm so it might take me awhile to finish.

Currently working on a new replacement for the theme on my personal blog since the old one is broken for a week now. However I'm in a CBA mood atm so it might take me awhile to finish.

You have a blog?

Finally done with the new theme for my personal tumblr blog. I think it's the best one I did ever. It got 6 different random colour backgrounds, 15+ random catchphrases on the header, TARDIS materialize in and out.

Can't wait to use this theme for my NMS blog. Gonna use the worlds I'll visit as the lush backgrounds for it.

The link is on my signature.

Good day :D Work offered to buy me out on my overhanging holiday days at 15 days full pay.

So 3 weeks holiday... or a big chunk off buying my dream motorbike... decisions, decisions :p

Today I played a single board game called Advanced Civilization. We started it at 12:10 and finished at 22:20. It was a lot of fun. Removing all breaks, it took over 9 hours.

Ri18ed9.jpg

I lost.

After 77 hours of play time I've finally completed the main storyline in Fallout 4.

That's the trouble with Bethesda games, you spend so much time doing side quests and putting off the main quest. Especially when there's no clear cut good/bad options.

My day was absolutely fucking horrendous. For the 6 months or so I've been trying to grow my hair long. It was just getting toward the stage where I was past the "can't really style it" stage. But the ends were looking a bit worse for wear and the back needed taking up. So I went to the barbers after work and said, "I just want the ends taking off, no more than a centimetre as I'm trying to grow it long". He cut the back first so I couldn't see what he was doing, then when he cut the sides I saw how much he was taking off. By that point it was too late, I just had to let him finish. He even used thinning scissor before I realised what he was doing (I fucking hate thin hair).

All in all he's undone all the length I'd grown. It's back to how I had it before I decided to grow it.

So fucking furious right now.

The most recent photo is this from 27th Feb (so imagine another 5 weeks of hair growth)

12800324_10153542564603237_3344369227186377931_n.jpg?oh=afa8d8d49b1bda78533aa2eb353b2e25&oe=578B783A

To this:

IMG_20160404_175428_zpsfwedfnt0.jpg

Edited by MoogleViper

My day was absolutely fucking horrendous. For the 6 months or so I've been trying to grow my hair long. It was just getting toward the stage where I was past the "can't really style it" stage. But the ends were looking a bit worse for wear and the back needed taking up. So I went to the barbers after work and said, "I just want the ends taking off, no more than a centimetre as I'm trying to grow it long". He cut the back first so I couldn't see what he was doing, then when he cut the sides I saw how much he was taking off. By that point it was too late, I just had to let him finish. He even used thinning scissor before I realised what he was doing (I fucking hate thin hair).

All in all he's undone all the length I'd grown. It's back to how I had it before I decided to grow it.

So fucking furious right now.

The most recent photo is this from 27th Feb (so imagine another 5 weeks of hair growth)

12800324_10153542564603237_3344369227186377931_n.jpg?oh=afa8d8d49b1bda78533aa2eb353b2e25&oe=578B783A

To this:

IMG_20160404_175428_zpsfwedfnt0.jpg

That sucks, brah. Did you do that typical awkward English thing and say, "yeah, that's great thanks, byeee" and run the fuck out of there home crying?

If it's any consolation, it looks pretty good/neat. Not as long as you wanted, which sucks, but it looks decent. At least he didn't take the whole lot off, which would've been fucking insane.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

That sucks, brah. Did you do that typical awkward English thing and say, "yeah, that's great thanks, byeee" and run the fuck out of there home crying?

If it's any consolation, it looks pretty good/neat. Not as long as you wanted, which sucks, but it looks decent. As least he didn't take the whole lot off, which would've been fucking insane.

Yeah I did. Wish I had the balls to say something but I'm too awkward.

It's not a bad hair cut per se, just the complete opposite of what I wanted. It'll be October until it's back where I was, and I was hoping to have it at the length I wanted by that point.

Now I've got to go through that awful growing phase again. And during summer as well.

Been in my new admin job for just under 2 months now and want to quit. The amount of calls I have to make stresses me out - I've always been anxious on the phone and I especially don't enjoy it in the context of having to chase things up or receive criticism about errors I've made. My organisational skills are not up to task, so I'm perpetually feeling incompetent, like I'm suffocating under the ballooning workload.

The worst thing is that I'm tucked away in an office on my own with nobody else at the office to advise me on how to use the software I work on (software which, as you can probably guess by the way this is going, is an utter ballache).

The only reason I've not handed in my notice is that the majority of my employment period so far has been training, and so out of goodwill I want to try to persevere for the sake of my manager, who would have to retrain someone else from scratch. But that's really not a compelling reason to stay either, partly due to the stress which I foresee only getting worse, and partly because if I'm to end my contract in a few months time (6 month temporary contract but with strong indication they would make the job permanent), they may as well get someone who is keen to train up now, rather than keep a ditherer who might abandon them just when they've finally been fully trained and settled in.

Would be a huge weight off my shoulders to leave. Argh.