NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Civil War ( Final Trailer Inside )

Because it doesn't have the rest of the Avengers in it and you need either that or a big name in the title to sell it to stupid people.

Iron Man v Captain America: Dawn of Handbags...at Dawn...and Spiderman

There we go, three big names.

Personally, I don't mind Spider-Man's suit. I do dislike – incredibly – how CGI it looks and I hate the mechanical noise his eyes make (I get it, they're mechanical and don't move like that naturally but I don't need to hear it). I miss AMS2's suit.

Rest of the trailer was fine. No idea why anyone likes Stark. He's a grade-A cunt and my biggest criticism of Cap is that he hasn't called him to task about three movies ago; 'all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing' and to me Cap is as much at fault as Stark's narcissistic brand of sociopath as the Man of Iron himself.

Why would you go to all that effort to make mechanical moving eyes on the spidey suit? What's the benefit?

Or is it just they put it in the comics so they could explain how he changes facial expressions to help convey emotion.?

I like it a lot. I never noticed any mechanical noise.

It's literally right at the end when he 'squints'. It's kind of hard to miss.

Why would you go to all that effort to make mechanical moving eyes on the spidey suit? What's the benefit?

Or is it just they put it in the comics so they could explain how he changes facial expressions to help convey emotion.?

Just to be clear, and now I think it back it's a bit picky, I like the emotive eyes; was great in Deadpool and I'm more than happy for Spidey to have them, I just wish it kept the blurred line between realism and fun. I think knowing they eyes are mechanical makes the notion that Peter built the suit himself completely unbelievable – and in a film where there's an incredible shrinking man and a sentient machine channeling the power of a mystical Infinity gem, that's saying something.

And if Tony did help with the suit, well I hate Tony Stark so fuck him and what exactly is the benefit to Spidey?

But then I think Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a brutally excellent film so what the hell do I know?!

...But then I think Amazing Spider-Man 2 is a brutally excellent film so what the hell do I know?!

What craziness is this Daft?! :p

What craziness is this Daft?! :p

I'm literally watching it right now to make sure I'm not crazy, it's so ace. The bit where Aunt May breaks down is so so good. His suit is on point. Peter Parker and Gwen Stacey have brilliant chemistry. The villain's journey is totally camp – which some people could criticise – but I love it; his demented progression is pitch-perfectly tragic. The action is great. The sound design is awesome. Its self-awareness is borderline close to Deadpool.

If I had one problem with it is that there are too many random soundtrack songs crammed in. Like the montage where he's pinning together his parent's past; what the hell is that generic indie-rock pop song?!

Seriously, I think its damnation the biggest case of mass insanity I've ever witnessed.

Holy Hell, and the bit where Gwen falls – fucking beautiful.

Aaaand just to maybe confuse things more, I thought the first Amazing Spider-Man was a piece of crap.

I wasn't a fan I must say. I felt they tried to jam too much into it and that it felt a bit messy as a result... although Gwen's fall was awesome (favourite bit of the film). I think I'd fall in the camp of those that criticise the villain's journey for sure.

The sound design/score was the best thing about ASM2.

I didn't really like the rest of it though, but then I'm Toby4lyfe.

I thought ASM 1 & 2 were both great with excellent portrayals of Spider-man. I think I've enjoyed pretty much all of the Marvel films except for Iron Man 2 of course.

Sounds like the impressions from the early screenings of this are very positive. Good to hear.

Sounds like the impressions from the early screenings of this are very positive. Good to hear.

Indeed. Everyone seems to be loving Black Panther. Can't wait. :yay:

Indeed. Everyone seems to be loving Black Panther. Can't wait. :yay:

And don't forget all that Spidey love!

Hearing it's among the top three MCU films (I don't buy that it's the best after only one viewing, like I didn't believe any of the BvS early reviews - and especially after what that movie turned out to be) is something I buy.

Zemo being yet another major Cap villain being thrown away I think is one of few weaknesses the MCU still has, we haven't had a compelling villain in more than half of the films (actually, the only compelling villain I would say has been Loki, and though it's compelling to see Thanos he hasn't served as anything but a Big Bad up to this point).

Totally revitalised my hype for this film. Zootopia, Rogue One trailer, and Civil War and Jungle Book releasing this month (at least in the UK).

Disney have killed the first third of this year!

Man, the reviews for this are really hyping the movie up. It's getting great write ups. Not long to go now....

Man, the reviews for this are really hyping the movie up. It's getting great write ups. Not long to go now....

Yeah, I know right!

A, 9/10, A*, A-, 10/10, A+, 100%, etc.

And then there's...

IGN: 7.8

too much water America

It's funny that IGN are going to take the heat for what is probably the most accurate review using a 1-10 scale. 7.8 isn't a bad score, it isn't even a mediocre one; it's a good score.

Then again, they gave Age of Ultron 8.6 and that film is a piece of shit, so who knows until everyone judges it for themselves.

I don't know is that is the case that is it is the most accurate.

From the IGN review it just seems like things in the film bummed him out. For him the Winter solider was the best film and this did not live up to it.

The more positive reviews, such as Empire's seemed to genuinely think this is the best Marvel film. If that is the case then I don't feel like the top mark is inappropriate.

It seems less hyperbolic. I mean come on, the film may very well be good but 100%? Really?

Yeah, I misspoke. I meant say that there is no need to undermine someone just because their opinion doesn't mirror exactly what others are saying.

But that got mixed up with my feelings that repeat views for me personally diminish my enjoyment of quite a few Disney Marvel films (so a 7.8 isn't totally out of line which what I might think after seeing it a couple times). Edit: And I'd be happy about that because that's a good score.

Edited by Daft

If you have an out of 5 score then I don't see the problem with 100%. It covers a range after all. I would have rated the original Avengers that.

Of most of the marvel films I would agree (with what @Daft says) but I got the same enjoyment out of the original Avengers and GoG on repeat watchings.

Both of the two reviews make convincing cases for their scores I would say. It is, after all, just as easy to undermine a review for it being too positive.

Edited by peterl0

The original Avengers and GoG are the two most re-watchable for me. Both great films, a really good balance of momentum, character and excitement. Thor (specifically the second) are the worst for repeat watching but I may be biased because they are absolutely awful adaptations of the comic.

I'm not undermining them because they gave it that score (and did no-one get the 7.8 Pokémon rating reference (hint: "too much water")?).

But I mean, they gave vacation an 8.0, AoU an 8.6....

The real reason for the Civil War:

[tweet]723121536962433024[/tweet]

Seeing this in IMAX for a friends birthday on the 2nd. Should be awesome!