NEurope
Ashley

Wii U games added to the Nintendo Selects range

So I will be able to get Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Lego City Undercover for 50 euros combined????

OK, this is tempting, even if it means that I can't resell the games which is how I operate now (the only way to get most of the games I want).

If I can only get one of the games, which one should I choose? I am thinking of going for Lego City Undercover as it is much harder to find here, but only if it's at least some 10h long?

It depends what you're after.

If you want a platformer that has a godly soundtrack then get Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

If you want an open world adventure that has some hilariously funny dialogue and one of the most epic ending scenes on a Wii U game then go with Lego.

Both games are winners in my eyes. Basically, you can't go wrong with either choice. :D

Yep same!

5d574x.jpg

:shakehead

Thankfully I now have The Uncharted Collection!!... :D

They all uglify these re-releases on purpose...

It's the Mark of Shame for being cheap ;)

I think Tropical Freeze is a modern classic, that supposedly improves on the original in every way? (and that game was awesome!). I'd go for that one.

@Josh64 praises it

It depends what you're after.

If you want a platformer that has a godly soundtrack then get Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

If you want an open world adventure that has some hilariously funny dialogue and one of the most epic ending scenes on a Wii U game then go with Lego.

Both games are winners in my eyes. Basically, you can't go wrong with either choice. :D

I know both games are great and my choice would be Lego, but only if it's some 8-10 hours long (without the loading times :D)?

Damn Tapatalk, I see there are more answers.... Thx, when it comes to great games you guys are no help, you make me buy all of them :D

Edited by Kounan

I believe it took me just about 70 hours to 100% LEGO City Undercover.

That said, I am a very slow player, and I'm sure I spent hours just walking around taking in the sights, but if you're planning to explore everything the game has to offer (which you should - it's all amazing and still the best LEGO game ever!) you'll definitely get waaay more than 10 hours out of it. You're probably not gonna get a full 10 hours from just the story missions, though.

I believe it took me just about 70 hours to 100% LEGO City Undercover.

That said, I am a very slow player, and I'm sure I spent hours just walking around taking in the sights, but if you're planning to explore everything the game has to offer (which you should - it's all amazing and still the best LEGO game ever!) you'll definitely get waaay more than 10 hours out of it. You're probably not gonna get a full 10 hours from just the story missions, though.

This is really a positive info :).

I don't really go for 100% in games, but I like to explore a lot (just barely go to 100%) so I am sure it will take me more than 10h.

It took over 100h for Xenoblade Chronicles and I didn't open most of the affinity stuff, now I am on some 40h (effective maybe 30h of Xenoblade) and I am just on LVL 24 and 5th chapter. After this level I will probably explore as much as I can again, to go to at least lvl 30 before next chapter (I just like exploring).

I am thinking of going for Lego City Undercover as it is much harder to find here, but only if it's at least some 10h long?

I just checked... and I clocked up 90 hours...over 42 play sessions. That's kinda insane, but I think I was ill for 3 days and pretty much clocked up about 30 hours in thsoe first 3 sessions...(at the time it was my only Wii U game).

My nephew also played on this as well so... but then I didn't 100% the game. The final chapter was REALLY fun and I loved it, but I won't lie.. the load times were killer... I wouldn't be surprised if 30 of those hours involved me staring at the load screen and enjoying the accompanying music >< If they've patched that though it's all good.

Tropical freeze.. I just didn't get into because I was platformed out... I played it 3 times for about 40 minutes each time on average. It's not a bad game at all from what I recall, and it's one I intend to revisit - now that it's been a while since I played a platformer! Hopefully I will appreciate ita bit more now!!

So I will be able to get Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze and Lego City Undercover for 50 euros combined????

OK, this is tempting, even if it means that I can't resell the games which is how I operate now (the only way to get most of the games I want).

If I can only get one of the games, which one should I choose? I am thinking of going for Lego City Undercover as it is much harder to find here, but only if it's at least some 10h long?

Tropical Freeze is incredible. I was so bored of 2D platformers by the time it came out but it blew me away, it feels so fresh and new, with amazing music, beautiful graphics, great platforming and so much replayability. Also the first DK game in YEARS celebrate its history instead of ignoring everything great about the series before 2000.

Controversial maybe but I think they should put most of their Wii U games down to £20 now (not just these). Mostly because they have been out a while now, or at least enough time to justify a £20 tag. Would also help given it's rumoured there's not too long before NX is out.

Edited by Sheikah

Controversial maybe but I think they should put most of their Wii U games down to £20 now (not just these). Mostly because they have been out a while now, or at least enough time to justify a £20 tag. Would also help given it's rumoured there's not too long before NX is out.

That would be amazing but instead they'll probably leave them at all full price and re-release them all at full price again on NX.

Btw. will this games stay on this price, or is it only for one day?

Their RRP has been reduced to this price so it shall remain at that price.

Their RRP has been reduced to this price so it shall remain at that price.

OK, so my question from before isn't important anymore as I don't have to buy games on the exact date. That's great.

Thx :).

I've been meaning to sell the steaming garbage that is NSMBU and Luigi U for ages, better get em on ebay before these new RRP's come into play. Feel a bit of a nob doing it but A MANS GOTTA MAKE MONEY

Great to see LEGO City on the list getting a more affordable new lease of life, it's been expensive as hell/non-existent in shops for about two years now.

I've sold quite a few things on ebay recently so I may just bite the bullet and download New Super Luigi U this week. Having cleared the physical version 100%, does anyone know if the save file carries over the the downloadable version through New Super Mario Bros U? ::shrug:

I've read a few conflicting things online but given that there is a standalone save file for New Super Luigi U, I fear that it may not work..

EDIT: Never mind, ignore everything I said in this post.

Edited by Glen-i
I didn't KNOOOOOOWWW!

I've sold quite a few things on ebay recently so I may just bite the bullet and download New Super Luigi U this week. Having cleared the physical version 100%, does anyone know if the save file carries over the the downloadable version through New Super Mario Bros U? ::shrug:

I've read a few conflicting things online but given that there is a standalone save file for New Super Luigi U, I fear that it may not work..

It depends on what version you had physically.

All Wii U games share the same save files. So you can use the same save file across both physical and digital copies just fine with all Wii U games... BUUUUUUTTTTT... NSLU is a special case because there is actually a standalone disc version and if that's the version you played before (rather than the combined NSMBU/NSLU disc version), it wont actually work with the NSMBU/NSLU DLC download because it's technically a different game as far as the Wii U is concerned.

Edited by Dcubed

All Wii U games share the same save files. So you can use the same save file across both physical and digital copies just fine with all Wii U games... BUUUUUUTTTTT... NSLU is a special case because there is actually a standalone disc version and if that's the version you played before (rather than the combined NSMBU/NSLU disc version), it wont actually work with the NSMBU/NSLU DLC download because it's technically a different game as far as the Wii U is concerned.

Oh, I never knew this.

Ignore my previous post then, I was ignorant, I apologise.

It depends on what version you had physically.

That's what I suspected but it gives me a great reason to play through it all again :grin:

Nice additions to the collection there. Talk about value in some of those games, wow.

Excellent additions to the collection, some great value and plenty of gaming fun to be had.