NEurope
Retro_Link

Paper Mario: Colour Splash

I did have this preordered but with my money potentially being limited soon I figured I should probably cancel it for now and pick it up down the line. Shame though as it was looking really nice.

Massive fuck up. With their online system as it is, can Nintendo even do anything to stop the game being played (and streamed) by means of a forced update/patch?

Hopefully impressions are positive, a wave of negativity might KO this before the first review even hits.

Massive fuck up. With their online system as it is, can Nintendo even do anything to stop the game being played (and streamed) by means of a forced update/patch?

Hopefully impressions are positive, a wave of negativity might KO this before the first review even hits.

Reading the Gaf thread, it seems that Nintendo have already put a block of pre-purchasing the game. Still, like you said, I wonder if they will do anything to stop them from steaming the game on Twitch/Youtube?

I've been meaning to ask you this for ages but is it you who's called The3rdChildren on Gaf? You used to be named that on here and was wondering if that's the name you chose for your Gaf account?

Hero-of-Time said:
Reading the Gaf thread, it seems that Nintendo have already put a block of pre-purchasing the game. Still, like you said, I wonder if they will do anything to stop them from steaming the game on Twitch/Youtube?

I've been meaning to ask you this for ages but is it you who's called The3rdChildren on Gaf? You used to be named that on here and was wondering if that's the name you chose for your Gaf account?

If they can't stop people streaming, I just hope the game will turn out to be awesome and this leak will result in us all being ridiculously hyped

Edited by Guy

If they can't stop people streaming, I just hope the game will turn out to be awesome and this leak will result in us all being ridiculously hyped.

And yep, you've found me! :)

Ah, so it was you who passed up on buying Panzer Dragoon Orta for a couple of quid the other month. :D

Ah, so it was you who passed up on buying Panzer Dragoon Orta for a couple of quid the other month. :D

He did what? :o

Unthinkable... Panzer Dragoon Orta is an amazing game, although if you don't have an original Xbox accessible to play it then I can kind of understand as it's only compatible on the Xbox 360 to a certain point. :hmm:

Oh what I'd give for there to be digital downloads of original Xbox games available on the Xbox One, especially seeing as the console will surely be around for a good few years yet, why not make it the ultimate Xbox platform encompassing ALL titles which were released for all of the systems? ;)

Just like what I'd give to have a downloadable version of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door or even a HD re-release with the same quality of visuals as Paper Mario: Colour Splash has. :D

Though I must say, as each day passes... this new title does look all the more enticing when taken at face value. :)

Just like what I'd give to have a downloadable version of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

I think that's my biggest gaming regret... I saw the game at a good price, missed out on it, then played the waiting game for the price to drop.... until one day I did a search and couldn't find it available any where :| I always held out hope, but I'm not sure I would even enjoy it as much these days :(

If it ever comes available digitally though I'll definitely snap it up!

I think this is a game i'm going to have to pick up, whether it be launch day or further down the line. It seems to be the final Wii U exclusive game, and that alone is a good enough reason for me to pick this one up. It doesn't look terrible and I hear the writing is really good! I think it's something I could enjoy for sure!

Depending on the reviews and reaction I may pick it up. One of the biggest selling points for me is that you can actually push Toad out of a moving train and onto the track :D

Depending on the reviews and reaction I may pick it up. One of the biggest selling points for me is that you can actually push Toad out of a moving train and onto the track :D

You're a monster :p

Another new trailer, too.

I'm really looking forward to this game. Hopefully I can finish my first playthrough of TMS♯FE in time for the release so I can focus on Color Splash right away.

^I don't think it's actually new just a combination of the two trailers that were released by NoA a week ago.

I'm stuck at the game at the moment, need to get past a certain point to get a Thing to kill a boss and this point is just a bit cruel. Spent an hour trying yesterday and always failed at the very last bit.

That latest trailer is great, it's really got me pumped for the game now. It looks beautiful graphically and my biggest concern was that it didn't have the Paper Mario vibe but it certainly seems to have it now. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is that card based battle system controlled by the GamePad, I like to do most of my gaming with the Pro Controller now, but it's only a small niggle.

I'll be picking this up relatively soon, but I'm going to complete Tokyo Mirage first and have Xenoblade X and Pokken recently purchased that I plan to sink my teeth into so I'll keep this on the horizon as a Christmas or New Year purchase. Kind of crazy how suddenly my gaming plans are completely filled by the Wii U again as I'm hoping to get Bayonetta 2 at some point too before Zelda lands.

At this rate I can hang on to not getting an NX until the famous 6 month post release Nintendo system price drop panic!

image_zpsmjzk5j4f.jpeg

Simply Games FTW!

Getting good reviews, looks great, can't wait for this. HOWEVER, I am going to wait for this - I've changed.... Lots of games, big backlog, PSVR in a couple of weeks... This feels like a great christmas game to me!!

Had the pleasure of reviewing this for N-Europe...

N-Europe Review

content-2-34926-papermariocolorsplashsidebox.jpg

A really solid and enjoyable game, looking forward to seeing what you all make of it and if you agree with me...or not! :)

I'm glad to see that others agree with me on my remarks. I gave it a 3/5 with the battle system simply being plain boring in the long run, the finding of yet another Toad Squad being tedious and having to use certain Things at specific points being my main gripes. I did enjoy the overall game, though, just not battles. Though I found the Beef Battle quite fun although broken as it was impossible to get right first time.

Had the pleasure of reviewing this for N-Europe...

I put a couple of hours into this last night and this section from your review I felt was spot on.

Yes, the card/sticker based battle system makes a return, for better or worse. Mostly for worst, in my opinion; I found it one of the least enjoyable aspects of Sticker Star and it hasn't got any better. It becomes tedious very quickly having to use old boots and hammers to do minimal damage to even the smallest Goomba.

As I said, i'm only a couple of hours into it and already the battles are a pain in the backside. There's no massive benefit to having to do them and the way they work ( scroll through your cards and pick one, choose to paint it or not, flick it on to the main screen ) is a very tedious affair. You could argue that the battles dish out coins but you can get an abundance of these from hitting various objects in the world or by even using the infinite coin loophole.

Huey was a bit annoying at the start. The amount of times he kept telling me to hit the d-pad to talk to him was very annoying. Yes, I know you are offering hints and tips but I would like to work certain things out myself! Luckily he eventually stopped bugging me.

So far the writing has been hit or miss. Somethings got a smile out of me, while others had me in cringe mode. It's the usual case of the game just trying too hard be funny and falling flat on its face.

Visually the game is stunning. Everything is bright and vibrant and that's just on the Gamepad. I imagine it looks even better on the TV.

I did have fun just running around looking for stuff to paint. My OCD nature kicked in and I was determined to find everything I could paint before I moved onto the next part of the game. I was pleasantly surprised to see that when on the map the game shows you the percentage of painting you've done on that level. It's a nice touch and it gives me something to aim for. :D

Huey was a bit annoying at the start. The amount of times he kept telling me to hit the d-pad to talk to him was very annoying. Yes, I know you are offering hints and tips but I would like to work certain things out myself! Luckily he eventually stopped bugging me.

Oh yeah, forgot about that. It was really off-putting but luckily it subsides after a couple of hours. Still, he is rather often stating the obvious.

I did have fun just running around looking for stuff to paint. My OCD nature kicked in and I was determined to find everything I could paint before I moved onto the next part of the game. I was pleasantly surprised to see that when on the map the game shows you the percentage of painting you've done on that level. It's a nice touch and it gives me something to aim for. :D

I kept hitting the 90+ % when I had done a level. The last parts of the levels are often irritating to find and the rewards are not quite worth it in my opinion.