NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Apparently it's pretty decent competitively.

Keep getting perfect IV Eevees but with the wrong ability. *shakesfist*

Apparently it's pretty decent competitively.

Keep getting perfect IV Eevees but with the wrong ability. *shakesfist*

If it's not a hidden ability, you could always use an Ability Capsule.

Yeah hidden ability. Got one in the end. Got a bunch of imperfect HA Eevee if anyone wants one.

15385269_1143628069088969_286811667768046643_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=efd900d840bf9f7a1898087701ef3f56&oe=58B5687E

You'd think I'd be chuffed to bits, but I was way irritated when this showed up.

Because I was trying for a Hidden Ability one at the time. It wouldn't stop with the reinforcements!

Luck kicked in though, because it has the Hidden Ability anyway. So all's good.

It says a lot when a shiny Pokemon was easier to catch then a Hidden Ability one.

I hate S.O.S battles...

Anyway, @Ugh first aid found out that something happens if you spin around on the spot quickly. Try it out.

Edited by Glen-i

Nice, looks usable as well. Aloan Marowak is really good as well.

Managed to breed a perfect Pichu using the Eevee. Stuck them both in the Pelogo to train for some EV training for now.

Got a near perfect Syther and Cubone from Wonder Trading and tried to get a Slowpoke with it's hidden ability but no luck their. Think I'm going to need something with skill swap so I can actually tell what skills they have.

Think I'm getting a bit addicted.

Nice, looks usable as well. Aloan Marowak is really good as well.

Managed to breed a perfect Pichu using the Eevee. Stuck them both in the Pelogo to train for some EV training for now.

Got a near perfect Syther and Cubone from Wonder Trading and tried to get a Slowpoke with it's hidden ability but no luck their. Think I'm going to need something with skill swap so I can actually tell what skills they have.

Think I'm getting a bit addicted.

Get a Pangoro, it's the perfect Pokemon for HA hunting, it learns entrainment at Lv. 45 (Changes the targets ability to yours, which let's you see the original ability), can learn False Swipe (obvious benefit there) and Thief (Good for stealing items like Cubone's Thick Club) and it's pretty tanky to boot! Pancham is at Route 11, 20% chance, so not too hard to find.

Yeah, STAB Flare Blitz with doubled attack, thanks to Thick Club and no recoil thanks to Rock Head, There's potential there! Marowak has a decent Physical movepool to boot.

The shiny one is not Adamant, which is what I'd want. So close. Anyway, not too fussed, the shiny Alolan Marowak is a minor difference, time to breed it. Well, first I have to get a Destiny Knot from the Battle Tree, and I've only got one Pokemon that can hold it's own. (Modest Nihilego, finally got that modest nature Abra, after I got every other possible stat-enhancing nature first, typical, but at least I have access to them all now.)

Speaking of, if anyone would like me to breed a Synchronise Abra of any nature for them, just ask. If I can stop one person going through my pain, I'd feel better about wasting 20 hours going for it.

So I'm going for Tapu Koko next. Rash seems like a good fit, because of it's great Special Movepool, access to U-Turn and a great ability that activates when it switches in.

Edited by Glen-i

I did pretty well with my in game Marowak, Muk and Primarnia. Just make sure to take a Z-Move

I did pretty well with my in game Marowak, Muk and Primarnia. Just make sure to take a Z-Move

My playthrough team is a horrible mash of bunched up typing, awful natures and outright slowness. Gen 7 as a whole is mostly made up of tanks, really strange. I got destroyed in the first fight by a Moody Glalie.

I've just bought a New 3DS and a copy of Sun (LE Zelda 3DS, also bought Zelda LBW and Hyrule Warriors).

I plan on starting Sun later but I havent played pokemon for a good few years so does anyone have any good advise for me starting out?

I've just bought a New 3DS and a copy of Sun (LE Zelda 3DS, also bought Zelda LBW and Hyrule Warriors).

I plan on starting Sun later but I havent played pokemon for a good few years so does anyone have any good advise for me starting out?

Turn off EXP Share as soon as you receive it. Trivialises any kind of challenge you might get from playing this. Nothing wrong with turning it on once you've finished though. Or if you decide to grind a few levels. Just don't leave it on.

Also, try and use Pokemon you've never used before. Yes, we all know Magikarp gets pretty decent when it evolves, but switching things up is more interesting.

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget to get a Magearna. It's a mythical Pokemon whose event is going on right now. Don't wanna miss that. Still, it's a legendary, so probably don't want to use it to finish the game, that's lame.

Edited by Glen-i

You can't get Magearna until you've beaten the game anyway.

Also, don't use your Master Ball on Solgaleo, it has the same catch rate as most regular wild Pokemon so you're best off using normal balls on it. Even a Poke Ball might have a good chance of catching it.

Try and ensure your Pokemon's moves complement their stats. For example, Litten is a Physical Attacker when it reaches it's final stage so you should focus on teaching it Physical moves, while Popplio is a Special Attacker so Physical attacks will be weak on it. Rowlet is a mixed attacker, but it's level up moves are Physical so you ideally don't want a Rowlet with a Nature that decreases it's Attack stat. All the starters have slightly different typings in their final forms than the original ones and they all learn signature moves when they reach their final form.

There's a very long tutorial at the beginning so the game should get you up to speed with everything you might need to know regarding the game. Also certain Pokemon can only be found in certain patches of grass on particular routes or only be capable of being called in by other wild Pokemon in the new SOS mechanic.

To be honest, I wouldn't get too hung up on natures until you actually go about building a competitive team. It's not THAT important.

Do it for Solgaleo though, you have to catch it to progress, and you don't want to regret not going for it later on. (I recommend Adamant or Jolly)

Oh, and there's nothing wrong with asking for Pokemon here. I'm sure you can find people willing to trade you some Moon exclusive Pokemon.

(Hint, hint, wink, wink)

Still not finished the game, but if any one needs some Japanese Pokemon to get them shiny eggs faster, swing me a message and I'll sort you out something as soon as I can!

Just caught 2 shiny Cubone while trying to find one with its hidden ability. I didn't even find one with its HA...

Just caught 2 shiny Cubone while trying to find one with its hidden ability. I didn't even find one with its HA...

Geez, and I thought I had it bad...

Worth noting that hidden ability Pokemon can only start appearing after you beat about 15 Pokemon in a row.

Would you like me to breed one for you? Shouldn't take me more than half an hour.

Geez, and I thought I had it bad...

Worth noting that hidden ability Pokemon can only start appearing after you beat about 15 Pokemon in a row.

Would you like me to breed one for you? Shouldn't take me more than half an hour.

Yes, please. I'm currently breeding harvest Eggcute if you want one in exchange. Or I probably still have a HA Eevee.

Yes, please. I'm currently breeding harvest Eggcute if you want one in exchange. Or I probably still have a HA Eevee.

OK then, I'll meet you at the Festival Plaza at about 4:10 pm, that OK?

I'll take an Exeggcute, please.

OK then, I'll meet you at the Festival Plaza at about 4:10 pm, that OK?

I'll take an Exeggcute, please.

You'll need to add my Japanese 3DS FC: 4957-2563-8630. My in-game name is Moon, because I'm real original.

You'll need to add my Japanese 3DS FC: 4957-2563-8630. My in-game name is Moon, because I'm real original.

Done, see you in 15 minutes!

Thanks very much @Ike. 4 perfect IV's is very nice.

2 IV's is the best I could manage without a Destiny Knot and half an hour, but I'm sure you can make it work.

Done, see you in 15 minutes!

Thanks very much @Ike. 4 perfect IV's is very nice.

2 IV's is the best I could manage without a Destiny Knot and half an hour, but I'm sure you can make it work.

No problem, I'm happy to have one with its HA. Cheers!

Edit:

Nooo, it's the wrong nature and ability and since it's female I can't even use it as a parent. :cry:

IMG_20161211_163001.jpg

Edited by Ike

No problem, I'm happy to have one with its HA. Cheers!

Edit:

Nooo, it's the wrong nature and ability and since it's female I can't even use it as a parent. :cry:

IMG_20161211_163001.jpg

Can breed it with a Ditto surely??

Can breed it with a Ditto surely??

It doesn't have the hidden ability. He's looking for one with Harvest. A female always determines whether a hidden ability can be passed on, so it's no good for him.

Edited by Glen-i

Looks like this is the best I'm going to get:

IMG_20161212_225940.jpg

Just couldn't get one with better defence and I'm bored of hatching Eggscute now.

Got an Vulpix with Snow Warning from Wonder Trade so I think that's going to be my next Pokemon. Just got a Pheromosa, uhhh enjoy your Eggscute?

I swear Battle Tree cheats. Had a Scizor in the lead, first trainer had a team of 3 Steel types I could barely touch. Got paralysed 3 turns in a row. Almost lost to a Pelipper at one point.

I swear Battle Tree cheats. Had a Scizor in the lead, first trainer had a team of 3 Steel types I could barely touch. Got paralysed 3 turns in a row. Almost lost to a Pelipper at one point.

Actually, they do completely cheat later on. Been doing so ever since Emerald.

Maybe not in the first 20 or so battles, but sooner or later, during Super Single Battles, the computer starts manipulating the odds in their favour.

Never use a move with less than 100 accuracy, because it will miss at the utter worst time and ruin your streak.

I managed to complete Single Battles. Red was the 20th fight, and I completely destroyed him without him getting a single hit on me. Well chuffed!

And then it booted me out and, to my utter dismay, said I had unlocked "Super Single Battle"

That was the easy mode!? It was hitting me with fully evolved Pokemon with pretty great movesets and that wasn't even counting towards the 50-win streak!?

Naturally, I cried myself to sleep that night. At least I can get a Destiny Knot now.

In case you're wondering, my team consisted of Tapu Koko, Nihilego and Buzzwole, who is even more hilarious than Inciniroar. It has the brilliant urge to flex all of the time.

Sent out to battle? Flex!

Performing an attack? Gotta flex first!

Getting attacked? Just Flex through it!

Even it's fainting animation is just one massive flex!

And feeding it a Poke Bean nets you one hell of a gun show!

tumblr_ogg1gs8SLv1t3uwllo1_400.gif

This thing is too funny!

Edited by Glen-i

In case you're wondering, my team consisted of Tapu Koko, Nihilego and Buzzwole, who is even more hilarious than Inciniroar. It has the brilliant urge to flex all of the time.

Sent out to battle? Flex!

Performing an attack? Gotta flex first!

Getting attacked? Just Flex through it!

Even it's fainting animation is just one massive flex!

And feeding it a Poke Bean nets you one hell of a gun show!

tumblr_ogg1gs8SLv1t3uwllo1_400.gif

This thing is too funny!

This guy looks epic, where did you catch him?