NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

I suppose it's completely possible that Hyper Training will get dropped in future games though...

Yeah, that's that I was wondering. I suppose Bank will need to be updated to support it as well. There'll be ways to get another if they don't.

Anyway, just became champion. Loved the battle music. Most of my team were level 64+ apart from Vikavolt who was level 56.

Magearna's QR Code is going to be available to scan from tomorrow by the looks of it.

Monday for North America

Tuesday for Europe

Do Shiny Pokemon have any additional abilities beyond their look? I've caught a Shiny Pincer (and another whose name escapes me) and have no idea if they're of value. Are there shiny versions of all Pokemon to be caught?

Do Shiny Pokemon have any additional abilities beyond their look? I've caught a Shiny Pincer (and another whose name escapes me) and have no idea if they're of value. Are there shiny versions of all Pokemon to be caught?

There are shiny versions of every Pokemon out there, but they are just differently coloured. The only reason they are so coveted is because they are extremely rare.

As an in-game NPC says:

CyG7F-5XUAEu8uw.jpg

This imo is the main reason why Shinies are so coveted. Sadly it does lead to nearly all hacked Pokemon being Shiny for whatever reason and then people try to pass these off as legit by randomly inviting people to trades just to show off their shinies, before disconnecting before you can actually trade with them.

There are ways to increase your odds of encountering a Shiny but without hacking the game having all 802 Pokemon in Shiny Variants is going to be really hard. Best just to cherish the Shinies you have especially if you know for sure that you found them legitimately.

Solgaleo caught with an Adamant nature and Perfect Attack, Defense and Sp. Defense, along with at least 23 IV's in Speed. Took me until 6:30pm but totally worth it!

Of course, using legendaries in a playthrough is super lame, so in the PC it went!

Got to the last bit of the game, used all my rare candies and got my team to Level 56, and gunned for the finale.

15235667_1131013333683776_8153987316808792922_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Well, maybe I would have been if the game actually came out when it should of!

Nice little twist on the Champion formula, having to actually defend your title against Kukui. Although, he employs a Stealth Rock tactic, making him a no-good Smogon scrub!

Not as amazing as Black/White's Champion twist, but still enjoyable.

I can't believe they don't let you save before taking on Tapu Koko, I feel sorry for those people who catch it straight away, only to discover the nature sucks.

I've actually got the game on sleep in that fight because I'm terrified it won't respawn if I KO it. Thankfully, it does, so I'm gonna punch it's lights out and soft reset it another time

@GenericAperson, @Emerald Emblem, @King_V and anyone else who's finished. Any of you fancy a battle some time tonight? I want to see how much my team sucks!

Sorry man but I've completely burned out of this game, as in I've blitzed it for a full week and want to get some of my life back before the year ends.

Just cleared the third island

That was way too easy. Without really doing anything for it (but having spent the weekend levelling Golisopod, A. Raichu and Pangoro to match the others) I was too overpowered - +5-10 levels at least for Team Skull Hideout. Also really bored with the grunts only having one super lame Pokémon that could easily be OHKO'd by a medium-powered fighting or a psychic attack.

The island kahuna was also too easy, just had Pangoro there and beath him up almost without taking a hit. That's not a kahuna! Also, where is the rubber banding on the "bosses"? And why do they only have 1-3 Pokémon and let me have 6? Seriously...!

My team after the third island is

Golisopod lvl 44

Pangoro lvl 44

Raichu lvl 48

Decidueye lvl 47

Arcanine lvl 44

Carbink lvl 43 (this is just a tank - completely useless but can take some hits!)

I think it's an alright mixed team that can take on most types without failing completely.

Is it safe to save in Pokemon Centers, never saw any official about a save bug?

Is it safe to save in Pokemon Centers, never saw any official about a save bug?

Apparently that was only for people with hacked games.

Crazy how some Pokemon have a 1% chance of appearing, the ones only found by SOS call can be 1% of 1%, 2.5 times rarer than a shiny encounter. Completing the Pokedex is a long task.

Crazy how some Pokemon have a 1% chance of appearing, the ones only found by SOS call can be 1% of 1%, 2.5 times rarer than a shiny encounter. Completing the Pokedex is a long task.

It's odds like that that make me glad I put in the effort to get a complete living dex.

Instead, now that I've got an Oval Charm, I've been breeding constant Abras to try and get a Synchronise Abra for every nature. I'm more than halfway done, but it refuses to give me a Modest one.

The stretch near the nursury is pathetically short, coupled with O-Powers being dropped, it's making the whole thing a bit of an ordeal...

I could get a Flame Body Talonflame to help speed up the process, but the only place I can get a Fletchling is in a place where Nihilego is, and that's what I want Modest for! So it's a stalemate...

Isle Evelup is also no replacement for Super Training, but at least I can do it while I sleep.

Just downloaded Magearna. Got lucky with getting a Modest natured Magearna first time around...

CzCMrnBWQAEdlfq.jpg

Having got one with such a good nature I'm hoping Magearna is allowed in the Battle Tree. None of my main team are good enough for the job or have good enough natures to really properly take that thing on which is a shame because they are locking one of the biggest fan services in the games behind one of the most difficult Battle Tower facilities we've had in a while.

The stretch near the nursury is pathetically short, coupled with O-Powers being dropped, it's making the whole thing a bit of an ordeal...

I could get a Flame Body Talonflame to help speed up the process, but the only place I can get a Fletchling is in a place where Nihilego is, and that's what I want Modest for! So it's a stalemate...

There's a small fenced off area directly south of the NPC that gives you the eggs, use the Tauros charge in that area and just circle around. It takes minutes to hatch an egg.

Magby also gets flame body.

Yeah, Magearna is banned from the Battle Tree. As is Cosmog for some reason...

Looks like I'm training up Type:Null for the Battle Tree instead. Probably go for a team of 4 featuring Metagross, Silvally, Tapu Koko and Toxapex.

EDIT: Does the EXP. Share also distribute EVs across the whole party for defeating certain Pokemon? For instance, if I only ever fought Oricorio, would the EXP Share also give Special Attack EVs to other Pokemon in the party or just those that fought?

Edited by GenericAperson

Yeah, Magearna is banned from the Battle Tree. As is Cosmog for some reason...

Looks like I'm training up Type:Null for the Battle Tree instead. Probably go for a team of 4 featuring Metagross, Silvally, Tapu Koko and Toxapex.

EDIT: Does the EXP. Share also distribute EVs across the whole party for defeating certain Pokemon? For instance, if I only ever fought Oricorio, would the EXP Share also give Special Attack EVs to other Pokemon in the party or just those that fought?

It may be too late now, but I've heard the Ultra Beasts are allowed in the Battle Tree for some bizarre reason. If that's true, I'll probably use a couple of them there.

And yes, EXP. Share gives EV's to all of your Pokemon, be very careful.

There's also this weird mechanic when you chain S.O.S battles that apply a multiplier to EV's gained. It's great if you're looking to max a stat, but horrible if you happen to want to only give a certain amount to a Pokemon. (Something like 128 for instance.

If you're looking for more precise EV training Isle Evelup, while slow, allows for more accurate EV building.

At Level 3, you get 4 EV's per session.

So for 128 EV's, use 10 vitamins to get to 100, then put the Pokemon in Isle Evelup for 7 sessions to get the last 28. (3 and a half hours, half that if you use beans.)

Mohn helpfully tells you how many EV's you've gained if you tap your Pokemon.

Good luck, I know I've never pulled off a 50 win streak in the battle Tower before, and this looks to be even tougher.

There's a small fenced off area directly south of the NPC that gives you the eggs, use the Tauros charge in that area and just circle around. It takes minutes to hatch an egg.

Magby also gets flame body.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that out.

Yeah, I considered Magby, but they can only be caught in the SAME BLOODY PLACE AS FLETCHLING!

Why does life hate me?

Anyone willing to trade me a Fletchling/Magby, preferably with Flame Body?

I've got plenty of Sun and Moon exclusives!

Yeah, I considered Magby, but they can only be caught in the SAME BLOODY PLACE AS FLETCHLING!

Why does life hate me?

Anyone willing to trade me a Fletchling/Magby, preferably with Flame Body?

I've got plenty of Sun and Moon exclusives!

Oh. :woops:

You can catch Fletchinder on route 8 or I can trade you one.

Oh. :woops:

You can catch Fletchinder on route 8 or I can trade you one.

Well, if you can catch them there, I'll go there then. Thanks!

Can you believe I went through the whole game and never saw a Fletchinder? It's not in my Pokedex at all!

By the time you'd answered Glen I'd already found out the answer. But cheers for the extra advice.

Silvally and Metagross have been perfectly EV trained with Silvally in Special Attack and Speed, Metagross in Attack and Defence. Threw Tapu Koko in as a pivot and managed to get a 16 win streak in the Battle Tree going. However it is apparent that this team can't deal with Garchomp (and that's a pretty big threat, especially if I have to face Cynthia who is guaranteed to have a Garchomp) and I really need to train up a competitive Toxapex.

Managers to get a Relaxed Nature Mareanie by breeding the one I already had from a Ditto. Unfortunately it has the Limber ability...

...looks like I'm going to have to repeat the Battle Tree endlessly until I can get an Ability Capsule to change it's ability to Merciless.

I've never really done that well at Battle Tower type facilities, only managed to scrape through the first encounters against the bosses in Y thanks to Super Training my in-game team to help their stats (although a Modest Nature Mega Gardevoir with four different types of Special Attacks was a large part of that) and in HeartGold I was able to beat the Battle Arcade Silver Plate but mainly thanks to the fact that my team on that game included a Serene Grace Togekiss and that made things very easy. I also managed to do the Battle Hall on HeartGold with my Hitmontop.

However, I'd never even done EV Training the classic way until this year, initially that was to evolve a Tyrogue into a Hitmontop by balencing out it's Attack and Defence. Moon is the first time I've actively EV trained a Pokemon for some kind of specific competitive purpose.

Certainly this team has potential to do better than my main Moon team.

EDIT: Oh, and at one point during the game I was grinding at Wela Park Volcano for ages so I was able to find at least one Fletchling during that point and since it was already at it's evolution level I just evolved it to get the Flame Body ability for post-game.

I can't believe I'm about to ask you this @GenericAperson, but here goes.

You have Moon, right? Could you do me a favour and go to the Heahea City Apparel Shop, buy a Bone Keeper Tank, wear it and then go online on Festival Plaza?

Because of course the one piece of clothing I actually like is not available in Sun...

Chaining Ditto is a pain, but got a 4 IV one with Imposter.

And thus begins the BP grind...

Beat the game last night at about 45 hours. Really great.

Now to decide whether or not to aim for the big league and try catching 'em all.

Has anyone trained a Robombee? What do you think of that mon? I personally love it.

It really feels like it should evolve. Honestly surprised when I found out it didn't.

Other than that, I'm pretty indifferent to it.

@Ugh first aid trained one during the cause of the game, other than a pretty cool move in Pollen Puff, it doesn't really have the stats to back it up. She ended up replacing it because it struggled late game.

It really feels like it should evolve. Honestly surprised when I found out it didn't.

Other than that, I'm pretty indifferent to it.

@Ugh first aid trained one during the cause of the game, other than a pretty cool move in Pollen Puff, it doesn't really have the stats to back it up. She ended up replacing it because it struggled late game.

True, its frail but I found its speed is spectacular coupled with its power special bug and fairy attacks. It reminds me of a special Ninjask.