NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Isle Evelup seems to be the super training substitute with the juices to enhance stats - is this correct?

Yeah it boosts EVs, but it's pretty slow, only 4 at a time in about 30 minutes. You can boost EVs with the bouncy castle in the Festival Plaza as well. Forgot about those since I haven't used them much yet.

Yeah it boosts EVs, but it's pretty slow, only 4 at a time in about 30 minutes. You can boost EVs with the bouncy castle in the Festival Plaza as well. Forgot about those since I haven't used them much yet.

The game just keeps giving! So much content.

ShopTo dispatched my copy of Sun, if I come home tomorrow to find it on the sofa or Kitchen sideboard I'll be locking myself away in my room and staying there till I'm back at work the following Tuesday.

ShopTo dispatched my copy of Sun, if I come home tomorrow to find it on the sofa or Kitchen sideboard I'll be locking myself away in my room and staying there till I'm back at work the following Tuesday.

Pretty much what Ive done since Saturday. : peace:

Very impressed by the great selection of hair styles - braided cornrows!!

Yeah, Shopto also dispatched mine today. So excited. Feels good man.

Shopto also shipped my copy of Moon.

I fired up the demo earlier to mop up a few items that I hadn't nabbed. I'm all ready for the main game now.

Alllllso got Moon ShopTo dispatch.

Cannot waiiiit. I haven't gamed in months now I'm working 2 jobs (urgh) but this will be a welcome evening relax for me which is much needed!

Only problem is, I can't find my bloody 3DS charger.

Alllllso got Moon ShopTo dispatch.

Cannot waiiiit. I haven't gamed in months now I'm working 2 jobs (urgh) but this will be a welcome evening relax for me which is much needed!

Only problem is, I can't find my bloody 3DS charger.

I purchased a similar item to this recently so I can plug it into my Pober Wank.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-charging-Charger-lead-cable-adapter-plug-for-3DS-XL-3DS-DSi-XL-DSi-DS-Lite-/201170559234?hash=item2ed6b32102:g:QQUAAOSwxH1UFYA3

So Hyper Training doesn't really increase your actual IV stat, it increases your stats to act like it's 31 but it doesn't affect Hidden Power (which has some advantages) but can't be passed down by breeding. Boo!

Well that's a shame. Looks like Pokemon are still going to be bred for perfect IVs then.

Not got a pre-order, planning to go into town the morning of the game's release in the UK to buy the game. Hopefully before they're out of stock, though I can't imagine they would short stock a Pokemon game when stores know that they sell like buttercakes.

A strong start for the game.

Taken from Gaf.

Pokemon Sun and Moon sold 1,905,107 units in its first 3 days in Japan according to Famitsu's report.

This is slightly down from X and Y which sold 2,096,050 first week. This doesn't include digital/eShop sales but includes double packs and DL cards. Total 3DS family hardware sales in the Sun & Moon launch week were 113,987.

This is the second highest first week sales for a 3DS game in Japan after X & Y. And the ninth highest first week sales of all time in Japan.

But where was that 'lift' from Pokemon Go? Less sales than the previous titles - surely not? ;)

On a side note, I am happy it is doing well. I just wasn't convinced that Go would have any massive effect on bringing more players to the new games.

But where was that 'lift' from Pokemon Go? Less sales than the previous titles - surely not? ;)

On a side note, I am happy it is doing well. I just wasn't convinced that Go would have any massive effect on bringing more players to the new games.

Nintendo shipped 10 million WW and it is the most preordered game in Nintendo's history. I think Go has certainly had an effect. There's also the eShop sales to consider. It would be interesting to see those numbers as well.

Pokemon Go's effect is largely confined to the west, where pre-orders have been up substantially over ORAS (no data to compare it to for X/Y, but it is supposedly very similar). X/Y got 7 million copies shipped worldwide for launch, while Sun/Moon have had 10 million for launch. So the potential for beating it out substantially is indeed there; we'll just have to wait for sales data from the west...

Nintendo shipped 10 million WW and it is the most preordered game in Nintendo's history. I think Go has certainly had an effect. There's also the eShop sales to consider. It would be interesting to see those numbers as well.

But if it's selling less than a previous entry then it just suggests there's less people buying it but more are preordering, surely? I guess details for the rest of the world will give more information.

But if it's selling less than a previous entry then it just suggests there's less people buying it but more are preordering, surely? I guess details for the rest of the world will give more information.

Yeah, I agree. As both you and Dcubed have said, the WW figures will give a clearer picture.

Arguably Pokemon has been a bit on the decline in Japan recently, especially during the success period of Yo-kai Watch over there. But also more Japanese gamers are preferring to play on their phones rather than a traditional console so the "3DS market" is going to have decreased.

Arguably Pokemon has been a bit on the decline in Japan recently, especially during the success period of Yo-kai Watch over there. But also more Japanese gamers are preferring to play on their phones rather than a traditional console so the "3DS market" is going to have decreased.

The gaming market as a whole is a right mess over there. The weekly sales threads on Gaf for that region make for some depressing reading, especially when it comes to hardware numbers.

Pokemon Go's effect is largely confined to the west

I'm not sure that's true. A quick look at the articles on the Japan Times suggests that Japan is hit by all the same hallmarks of a Go craze as countries in the West. You would be forgiven for thinking that though as when the craze hit it wasn't out in Japan yet, so it's easy to think that Japan just weren't part of it.

It's also worth noting that there are more 3DS systems out there now than back when the previous Pokemon generation launched, and the new games are somewhat of a shakeup to the series that may indeed be bringing players back, irrespective of Go's effect. I think it's difficult therefore to say that more preorders necessarily means that's down to Go. What can really tell you something though is if the games sell less than the predecessors, even with more systems out there. Then you start to wonder what effect Go is really having.

Edited by Sheikah

I'm not sure that's true. A quick look at the articles on the Japan Times suggests that Japan is hit by all the same hallmarks of a Go craze as countries in the West. You would be forgiven for thinking that though as when the craze hit it wasn't out in Japan yet, so it's easy to think that Japan just weren't part of it.

It's also worth noting that there are more 3DS systems out there now than back when the previous Pokemon generation launched, and the new games are somewhat of a shakeup to the series that may indeed be bringing players back, irrespective of Go's effect. I think it's difficult therefore to say that more preorders necessarily means that's down to Go. What can really tell you something though is if the games sell less than the predecessors, even with more systems out there. Then you start to wonder what effect Go is really having.

I was referring to the uptick in 3DS and Pokemon game sales post Pokemon Go, rather than the popularity of Go itself. It's much larger in the west than in Japan.

Yeah, all of Japan already had the Pokémon bug, so while Pokémon GO was hugely successful there as well, it obviously didn't bring nearly as many new players to the franchise as it did in the west.

My copy of Pokémon Sun from the Nintendo store complete with Solgaleo figurine arrived this morning, I have yet to play it yet though as I've some site stuff to do but I shall be on it later today. :)

I opted against the steel book. Never sits well on the shelf next to the other games :D.

Watch the normal version not turn up for me. :P