NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Been spoiled a fair bit, but still very excited to get my copy next Friday.

Though certain spoilers about the post game have pissed me off..

Been spoiled a fair bit, but still very excited to get my copy next Friday.

Though certain spoilers about the post game have pissed me off..

Oh lord...

Don't tell me. I'd rather live in ignorance for as long as possible.

I heard that the last trainer you face is a genetic experiment gone wrong.

It's a splice of Red and Blue, and is called Purple who fights exclusively with purple Pokemon. He has Arbok, Nidoking, Weezing, Muk, Butterfree and Tangela.

Looks like CoroCoro has leaked.

(Not really sure at this stage whether CoroCoro should count as Spoilers or not, so I'll tag if for now but may untag it later.)

corocoro12161.jpg

I think this might well be the long trademarked "Marshadow"

corocoro12162.jpg

corocoro12163.jpg

All the final starter evos have exclusive Z-Moves (called it).

I heard that the last trainer you face is a genetic experiment gone wrong.

It's a splice of Red and Blue, and is called Purple who fights exclusively with purple Pokemon. He has Arbok, Nidoking, Weezing, Muk, Butterfree and Tangela.

Spoiler tag that shit bro, it's not fair on the others!

Spoiler tag that shit bro, it's not fair on the others!

Sorry Bro.

Apparently in the Western version of the game, the trainer is a splice of Gary and Ash.

He fights with Cloyster, and is called Ga...actually never mind.

London, 14 November 2016—The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo showcased new information for the latest games in the Pokémon franchise, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, available in Europe on 23 November and available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

The following new Pokémon were officially revealed:

Alolan Diglett

Type: Ground–Steel

The Mole Pokémon Alolan Diglett live near volcanic areas, so they have few places to hide themselves away. It’s said they developed the hairlike metallic whiskers which grow from the top of their heads as a survival mechanism for the hostile volcanic environment. Their whiskers enable them to sense surrounding areas without exposing their face above ground. Alolan Diglett can have the Tangling Hair Ability, which is a new Ability that no other Pokémon has previously had. With the Tangling Hair Ability, opponents that hit this Pokémon with a move that makes direct contact will have their speed lowered by 1.

Alolan Dugtrio

Type: Ground–Steel

Alolan Dugtrio is the evolved form of Alolan Diglett. Alolan Dugtrio’s whiskers grow throughout its life at a very slow rate, shining with a brilliance akin to that of golden hair. In the Alola region, this Pokémon is revered as an incarnation of the god of the land, and it’s treated with great importance. Removing any of this Pokémon’s whiskers is strictly prohibited. There is a superstitious belief that many Alolan Dugtrio come out of their burrows on a day when a volcano will erupt.

Also revealed were the following new Ultra Beasts:

UB-05 Glutton

This beast has an astounding appetite, and it will completely devour anything in front of its eyes. It’s said that it devours not only objects, but the ground, rivers, and even the seas. There is a belief that it converts the abnormal amount it eats entirely into energy to sustain itself, leaving no waste product behind. Whether this is true or not is a mystery.

UB-03 Lighting

Another of the Ultra Beasts is known as UB-03 Lighting. More will be revealed during the players’ adventures around the Alola region.

The image of one additional Pokémon was also revealed, but players will have to pick up the games when they launch on 23 November to find out more about this mysterious Pokémon!

Each of the three Pokémon that you can choose as your first partner during your adventure have an exclusive Z-Move that they can use only after they fully evolve. These moves are:

Z-Move: Sinister Arrow Raid

Pokémon: Decidueye

Decidueye slices through the air together with a hail of arrow quills, crashing into the target before dealing the final blow with its arrows.

Z-Move: Malicious Moonsault

Pokémon: Incineroar

With flames spouting from its flame belt, Incineroar leaps high into the sky and dives straight down onto its target.

Z-Move: Oceanic Operetta

Pokémon: Primarina

Primarina manipulates a huge balloon using its voice, then causes it to explode over its target’s head, dealing a lot of damage.

Z-Moves are special moves that a Pokémon can use when it’s holding a Z-Crystal that corresponds to its move’s type. Their effects vary greatly depending on whether they’re based on attack moves or status moves. Z-Moves based on attack moves have far greater power than standard moves, but how powerful they will be seems to depend on the power of the original move that a Z-Move is based on. Since Z-Moves are full-powered attacks, they also seem to be impossible to fully ward off with moves like Protect and Detect—they still do some damage. When you use your Z-Power based on a status move, it will be powered up with additional effects. These effects come in many varieties, including raising your own Pokémon’s stats, healing the next Pokémon to switch in and more!

A special QR Code is also planned for distribution via the Pokémon TV app from 6 December in Europe. Once scanned in the game, the code enables players to obtain the Mythical Pokémon Magearna. Not only that, but players who purchase Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon and connect to the internet between 23 November 2016 and 11 January 2017 can obtain a special Munchlax and a Snorlium Z via the Mystery Gift function. You can even start your adventure early with the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon Special Demo Version—available now for download from Nintendo eShop at no charge. Players can transfer their Greninja from the demo version to their full game version of Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon when it launches later this month.

Edited by MindFreak

I had a feeling that Incineroar's Z-Move would involve the opponent being put in a wrestling ring and Incineroar jumping off the bars. Probably because Pikachu Libre has almost the exact same special in Pokken but it seemed like the obvious.

I did however think that Decidueye would be firing a massive arrow in midair for it's special Z-Move but the one we got is pretty cool. I will admit of the three of them though that Primarina's got the best animation for it's Z-Move.

Reviews are rather good!

CGMagazine - 8 / 10.0

Destructoid - 9 / 10.0

Digital Spy - 5 / 5 stars

DualShockers - 9 / 10.0

EGM - 9 / 10.0

Eurogamer - Essential

Game Informer - 8.5 / 10.0

GameSpot - No Verdict

GamesRadar+ - 4 / 5 stars

GameXplain - Loved

God is a Geek - 9.5 / 10.0

IGN - 9 / 10.0

Metro GameCentral - 9 / 10

Nintendo Life - 10 / 10

NintendoWorldReport - 8 / 10.0

NintendoWorldReport - No Verdict

TechnoBuffalo - Buy

TheSixthAxis - 9 / 10

USgamer - No Verdict

This game really must be something rather special if IGN aren't giving it a 7.8/10 for having too much water. ;)

On another note, the game is out in just a week.

giphy.gif

This game really must be something rather special if IGN aren't giving it a 7.8/10 for having too much water. ;)

On another note, the game is out in just a week.

giphy.gif

A thing I was tweeted from someone with an early copy

CxLSPN7XEAEhHic.jpg

Not sure what to do about this game. If the switch Pokémon game is a HD port of sun and Moon I'm prepared to wait.

Not sure what to do about this game. If the switch Pokémon game is a HD port of sun and Moon I'm prepared to wait.

This is sort of what I'm thinking. I've NEVER liked Pokemon, I was a tad too old when it launched and played it and liked it but didn't really get into it, I bought the remakes a few years ago on DS, played for a bit, quite liked but stopped. I really want to give this a go, so preordered it; but if the Switch is getting a port or the 3rd entry than I'd prefer to wait... Obvously they don't want to hurt sales of these, but they should tell us... Want one of the rumour mongers to tell us if it's a port or a new game before it releases....

This is sort of what I'm thinking. I've NEVER liked Pokemon, I was a tad too old when it launched and played it and liked it but didn't really get into it, I bought the remakes a few years ago on DS, played for a bit, quite liked but stopped. I really want to give this a go, so preordered it; but if the Switch is getting a port or the 3rd entry than I'd prefer to wait... Obvously they don't want to hurt sales of these, but they should tell us... Want one of the rumour mongers to tell us if it's a port or a new game before it releases....

Yeah that's not happening

If any one fancies a good laugh, those who illegally downloaded Pokemon Sun/Moon and then proceeded to play them online have had their entire console banned from accessing online services ahahahaha

Yeah that's not happening

Them saying, or that it will be a HD port?

Rogers has already said it isn't pokken.

If any one fancies a good laugh, those who illegally downloaded Pokemon Sun/Moon and then proceeded to play them online have had their entire console banned from accessing online services ahahahaha

This is golden

15036199_10157711020585720_1016499999842443135_n.jpg?oh=2d52d779b6a9db0895363e39c0f49762&oe=5889EED9

This is golden

15036199_10157711020585720_1016499999842443135_n.jpg?oh=2d52d779b6a9db0895363e39c0f49762&oe=5889EED9

The ad that appeared below your post fit perfectly as well.

ab4087d9554e04f8ce016ee436405dce.jpg

Them saying, or that it will be a HD port?

Rogers has already said it isn't pokken.

Both.

It won't be an HD port.

Both.

It won't be an HD port.

There is enough doubt to stop me buying the 3ds version. A game is coming to switch which could be this.

That's fantastic, they frankly deserve that for two reasons.

1. The whole illegally downloading thing.

2. (And this is the better reason) Being idiotic enough to go online with said illegal copy before the game is even out!

I mean, what did they expect was going to happen, you couldn't wait a week or two? What's wrong with you!?

Pre-ordered from Shopto and SimplyGames. SimplyGames have cancelled my order (no idea why, so that's decent), so hopefully Shopto will come through. Can only imagine my rage if I'd only pre-ordered at Simply. Good old faithful though.

To be honest, the damage was effectively already done. Those who illegally downloaded the game also decided it would be a good idea to share absolutely everything about the game via leaks.

It's good that Nintendo have acted on this, but I would guess that those who downloaded it early were doing so not only to play the game, but to get information out there on the internet before anyone else. Therefore, getting the info out there on the web might be considered "job done" by some.

The things some people will do to be the "first" person to complete a new Pokemon game and explain everything...