NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

12 minutes ago, Fused King said:

So I have to ask.

What's up with all this Ultra Beast nonsense and why are they registered in my pokedex? Is Gamefreak gearing up for a spin-off series where you hunt these rejected pokemon designs?

Well, the upcoming sequels ARE called Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Also, you better not be talking smack about my bodybuilder mosquito! Buzzwole is utterly hilarious. Seriously though, I get the impression the Ultra Beasts are meant to look somewhat alien and strange. Personally, I think they squandered the Ultra Beasts by making them catchable, they would have made perfect Boss fights if they were way stronger than actual Pokemon you could use.

22 hours ago, Glen-i said:

Well, the upcoming sequels ARE called Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. Also, you better not be talking smack about my bodybuilder mosquito! Buzzwole is utterly hilarious. Seriously though, I get the impression the Ultra Beasts are meant to look somewhat alien and strange. Personally, I think they squandered the Ultra Beasts by making them catchable, they would have made perfect Boss fights if they were way stronger than actual Pokemon you could use.

Ha! I didn't know about this Beast yet, and I thought I had finished the post-game....I thought 'Codename: Gluttony' was the final Beast....

Any hints on where I should be looking?

1 hour ago, Fused King said:

Ha! I didn't know about this Beast yet, and I thought I had finished the post-game....I thought 'Codename: Gluttony' was the final Beast....

Any hints on where I should be looking?

In Pokemon Sun.

Yep, it's a version exclusive. And I think I gave my spare to my cousin. I'll have a look in my box, but I can't make any promises. Should also point that there's a 2nd Ultra Beast that's Sun exclusive as well, it's called Kartana. Luckily, I almost guarantee that I've got a spare of that, so you can have it if you want.

EDIT: Yeah, I've got no more Buzzwoles, but I definitely have a spare Kartana.

I can't remember who here actually has Pokemon Sun... @markderoos? @Eddage? @FireMeowth? @Ike? Any of you got a spare Buzzwole in your box?

Seeing as you're playing Moon, do you have a Solgaleo? There's actually a way to get your own one. Yeah, in Moon. No need to trade your Lunala or anything. It's not exactly obvious, so it's very easy to miss.

Spoiler

You have to do a few things first.

1. Beat the game.

2. Put your Lunala on your team.

3. Head to the Altar of the Moone, during the night.

4. There'll be an Ultra Wormhole there, go in that.

You'll now be in the alternate version of Alola. Like Sun, Day and night is at the proper times. But there are still no Sun exclusive Pokemon, so don't bother. A few things to do here...

1. Head to the place where the Lake of the Sunne was in your dimension. You know, that incredibly suspicious empty place. However, here, it's called the Lake of the Moone.

2. If you're aiming to soft reset for a good natured Solgaleo, now's the time to save.

3. Go to the end of Lake of the Moone.

4. You'll be given a Cosmog.

Cosmog, as you should be aware, evolves into Lunala. But you don't want to do that.

5. Train your Cosmog to around Level 50, AND NO FURTHER.

6. Now trade that to someone with access to Pokemon Sun. Someone like, Oh, I don't know... Me?

7. Get them to level that until it evolves. Because it's on Sun, it'll evolve into a Solgaleo instead.

8. Trade it back.

Ta-Da! Your very own Solgaleo! Under your name, so you can nickname it whatever stupid name you want!

Edited by Glen-i

On 7/22/2017 at 0:46 PM, Glen-i said:

I can't remember who here actually has Pokemon Sun... @markderoos? @Eddage? @FireMeowth? @Ike? Any of you got a spare Buzzwole in your box?

I have Pokemon Sun, but pretty sure I've already traded my second Buzzwole for a Moon exclusive UB.

• Like 1

Wow. 

You know, I think it's time to put Pokémon down again for a little while and focus on some other games. The adventure is the most fun for me anyways. Thanks @Glen-i for helping me get some Pokémon!

Time for me to go through some other games in the ol' backlog.

• Like 1

The next batch of Mega Stones is now available.

This time, we're getting Tyranitarite, Abomasite, Manectite (Previously given away with the May Online Competition) and Aggronite (New to Sun/Moon).

Go to Mystery Gift and use the code SABLEVOLANT

Penultimate batch of Mega Stones were given out a few days ago. Go to Mystery Gift and use the code POYONG.

This will get you Gardevoirite, Galladite, and Lopunnite (Previously given for entering the Tiny Tourney).

Diancite is also part of this. (Previously unavailable in S/M) Assuming you entered the Weakness Cup last month (I did) It's now possible to have every Mega Evolution in Sun and Moon.

EDIT: Holy crap! @Serebii Does the next Online Competition allow for Mega Stones to be used? Because if so, it's about bloody time!

Edited by Glen-i

Glen-i do you and UFA want a code for the Salazzle that GAME are giving away? I was out and about today and picked up a couple of codes, in case you guys wanted it.

Edited by Hero-of-Time
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Glen-i do you and UFA want a code for the Salazzle that GAME are giving away? I was out and about today and picked up a couple of codes, in case you guys wanted it.

Yes please, that'd be smashing!

Have you got another spare? I find it difficult to go

33 minutes ago, Glen-i said:

Yes please, that'd be smashing!

Sent you a PM with them.

24 minutes ago, Blade said:

Sorry, bud. I only picked up the two codes. I should be passing by GAME again on Monday, so I'll see if I can nab you one.

• Like 1

Sorry, bud. I only picked up the two codes. I should be passing by GAME again on Monday, so I'll see if I can nab you one.

I don't suppose you could nab one for me as well please Hero? :)

If you could, that would be appreciated, no worries if not though. :peace:

Also, I just image searched "Salazzle" and now I wish that I hadn't... :blank:

I'd still like one though as the official artwork for it at least, looks cool.

1 minute ago, S.C.G said:

As soon as I saw Salazzle in my Sun playthrough, my first thought was "I can't believe this got past PEGI" It's amazingly suggestive.

• Like 1

On August 18, 2017 at 9:59 PM, Blade said:

On August 18, 2017 at 11:32 PM, S.C.G said:

I don't suppose you could nab one for me as well please Hero? :)

If you could, that would be appreciated, no worries if not though. :peace:

I'd still like one though as the official artwork for it at least, looks cool.

Sent you both a PM with codes.

• Like 2

Sent you both a PM with codes.

Thanks Hero :D

I've just redeemed the code you sent me, much appreciated. :)

Now I've got another reason to go back to the game before the Ultra versions come out, hopefully. :peace:

• Like 1

Yesterday, I finally got around to finishing the game. I decided to crack on with it so I transferred a load of my team from Pokemon Red over and set back off on my adventure. I didn't realise I was pretty much at the end of the game. I think I was only a couple of hours away from seeing the credits. If I knew that I would have pushed on sooner. :D

Spoiler

DHu_k7CXsAA-aZS.jpg

This was probably the easiest Pokemon I have played so far. It's not just the whole sharing exp thing but just how much help you get throughout your adventure. There are so many times where I had my Pokemon healed by various people before big events. Sure, its handy to have that kind of help but it removes any of the challenge or stakes from the main story if you team is constantly getting healed up. It kinda makes most of the items you get pretty redundant.

Another thing that was super easy was catching the legendary. I whittled down it's health and threw a single Ultra Ball and caught it first time. I'm glad I didn't use my Master Ball of the thing! I'm assuming there are other more difficulty legendaries/UBs to catch?

I did like a lot of the narrative that the game had to offer, though. Some of the cinematic cutscenes were great, especially those featuring Lusamine, Gladion and Lille. It was a good story, at least in terms of mainline Pokemon games.

Spoiler

With Lille going to Kanto, are the Ultra games that arrive this year going to show her adventures or are they something different? Seems a bit weird if they are going to set something like that up and then not address it in the next game.

I found the game enjoyable. As I said, I really enjoyed the story and some of the music and Pokemon designs were fantastic. The only downside was the lack of challenge but I guess I have to remember the audience that the game targets and that most of the challenge will come from the post game content and online battling, most of which I very rarely bother with.

I may continue to dip in and out of the game and fill up my Pokedex but for for the adventure is over. Roll on Ultra Moon!

• Like 2

On ‎21‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 7:56 AM, Hero-of-Time said:

Another thing that was super easy was catching the legendary. I whittled down it's health and threw a single Ultra Ball and caught it first time. I'm glad I didn't use my Master Ball of the thing! I'm assuming there are other more difficulty legendaries/UBs to catch?

That's been a thing ever since Gen 5 introduced mandatory Legendaries. You can't carry on unless you get the cover Pokemon. So they wanted to minimise frustration there.

The Ultra Beasts are pretty simple to catch, however. Mostly because of the special balls you get. The other Legendaries are genuine pains to capture though. (Tapu Fini and Necrozma are especially difficult. I just ended up Master Balling Necrozma)

I heard you like Pikachus in hats.

The Pokémon Company International is also delivering special Pikachu video game distributions leading up to the cinema event. Beginning September 19, six versions of Ash’s Pikachu wearing its Trainer’s hat, as seen throughout Pokémon animation, will be available for distribution to the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon video games via password on Pokemon.com. Each player can receive only one of these six versions, so they’ll want to choose carefully. Each Pikachu is available during a specific one-week window. The distribution dates for each Pikachu are:

·         September 19–25: Ash’s Pikachu (Original Cap)

·         September 26 – October 2: Ash’s Pikachu (Hoenn Cap)

·         October 3–9: Ash’s Pikachu (Sinnoh Cap)

·         October 10–16: Ash’s Pikachu (Unova Cap)

·         October 17–23: Ash’s Pikachu (Kalos Cap)

·         October 24–30: Ash’s Pikachu (Alola Cap)

Ashs_Pikachu_All_.jpg

You can only have one, presumably per cart.  Time to get six copies of the game!

Here's something far more useful than a rat in some lame hats!

The last bunch of Mega Stones are now available. This gets you Altarianite, Ampharosite, Latiasite, and Latiosite. (I've had these for a month, neener, neener, neener)

Go to Mystery Gift, and use the code DRACHE

You have until the 31st of October to use the Mega Stone codes, and be aware that if you miss this, there's no other way to get them in Sun/Moon unless you trade.

So here are all the previous ones. Do it now! Mega Pidgeot got me through 44 Battle Tree fights. Totally worth it.

MATSUBUSA - Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert stones along with Camerupt and Bannette's

M2DESCENT - Gets you Mewtwo's two Mega Stones

AZUL - Gets you Steelix, Heracross, Pidgeot and Houndoom's stones

INTIMIDATE - Gets you Audino, Beedrill, Mawile, and Medicham's stones

SABLEVOLANT - Gets you Tyranitar, Abomasnow, Manectric & Aggron's stones

POYONG - Gets you Gardevoir, Gallade, Lopunny & Diancie's stones

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So I visited the Firstlook Festival in NL last weekend (well, had to work there) and popped onto the Nintendo stand for a while. Didn't get a chance to play Super Mario Odyssey (long cues!) but did nick me some goodies, including a poster, a Cappy and 2 codes or Marshadow for Sun/Moon. Since I don't have the game, who can I make happy with one?