NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

The next bunch of Mega Stones are being distributed through Mystery Gift.

This time, Pidgeotite and Steelixite, which were given to Contest entrants a while back, are being given out.

Alongside those, Heracronite and Houndoominite are also available, these are new to Sun and Moon, so get on that.

The code is AZUL.

Sun/Moon got an update lately, mostly bug fixes.

Note that once version 1.2 has been installed, any Battle Videos saved prior to the update cannot be played or shared.

Version 1.2 includes fixing these issues:

• Pokémon being unable to attack and switch when Sky Drop is used and when knocked out by damage done by Spiky Shield.

• A glitch in Poké Pelago when entering a new month.

• A rare case where the game ends after using an Evolution item as the last item in your Bag.

• Scatterbug sometimes not learning Egg Moves.

• Eggs sometimes being able to be given items.

• A glitch ending the tournament when pre-registered for an online Friendly Competition (e.g. entry gets canceled or the Battle Teams get unlocked).

While I'm at it, registration for the next online competition has started on the Global Link website. People who enter can get a Tyranitarite, Abomasite and a Manectite.

Wahey! 5 posts in a row! Do I get a prize? Is it ownership of this thread?

So, May's online competition started yesterday. You know what that means?

STOP GROANING! You didn't have to come into this thread.

Anyway, Battle Videos!

This month, I decided to shove a Braviary in my team in my quest to find a 6th Alolan Region Pokemon that doesn't let me down.

Naturally, it features in none of the following videos... Hmmm...

RFLG-WWWW-WWW7-57YH

Let's start with a battle that @Dcubed described as "Genuinely Tense" So, that's something.

I find a Mimikyu that doesn't instantly use Swords Dance. Naturally, I'm flabbergasted, but do I cope?

P7DG-WWWW-WWW7-57L8

My favourite match of yesterday.

Remember the nutty gambit I pulled last month? Yep, I took the opportunity to try it again. The results were... well, I won't say here.

Maybe I should patent that. Need to think of a catchy name for it...

How about the "Glen Volt Rai Switch?"

HKCG-WWWW-WWW7-57NQ

What is it with everyone wearing stupid ridiculous glasses this month?

This match has it all, someone pulls a horrific start, I get annoyed at a Mimikyu, again, and the Nuke button is thoroughly pressed.

Yep, more videos. Hey, it's Sunday. Slow news day, you know?

This was a pretty good month for me. Pretty sure I won more than I lost. Braviary was not very useful though, gonna have to think of a different Pokemon to try in Doubles.

K5EG-WWWW-WWW7-5QR6

Let's start with me versus a Japanese Girl.

Hey, shut up! I might have won. You don't know.

Then again, she might have an absolutely amazing strategy and remarkable predictive skills.

KLGG-WWWW-WWW7-5QT2

This one starts with one hell of an opening turn cock-up. Followed by horrible luck on my end. I hate Rock Slide in doubles. That seems to be the flavour of the month right now.

UC2G-WWWW-WWW7-5QTF

Hey, I found a hail team, sorta... No, it wasn't @Ike's team from 4 pages back. That'd be one hell of a coincidence. Two of the Pokemon were the same though.

This battle was close! The advantage kept flipping between the two of us throughout. Kept me on my toes, that's for sure.

Still, it's probably the most ironic end to a battle I've seen for a long time. Got a good laugh when that happened.

So, I am going through the story here, and I must ask.

Why in the love of fuck is your character's facial expression always that of Fred in Courage the Cowardly Dog whilst the supporting cast actually shows emotions?

latest?cb=20110607035458

Why in the love of fuck is your character's facial expression always that of Fred in Courage the Cowardly Dog whilst the supporting cast actually shows emotions?

latest?cb=20110607035458

No idea, but it's really funny. You manage to ruin every scene you show up in. You're the worst actor ever!

To be fair though, during some big cutscenes where the models get suspiciously better, you do develop facial expressions.

I hate Hau's expressions more. The guy just looks like a moron and constantly has a stupid grin on his face, despite facing against agressive opponents. It's like he doesn't understand the situation he is in. Idiot.

I hate Hau's expressions more. The guy just looks like a moron and constantly has a stupid grin on his face, despite facing against agressive opponents. It's like he doesn't understand the situation he is in. Idiot.

Well, it is Team Skull. They're kinda hilarious, you know?

I definitely couldn't keep a straight face.

Well, it is Team Skull. They're kinda hilarious, you know?

I definitely couldn't keep a straight face.

It's like the islands are just full of idiots.

The most aggressive opponent he ever faced with a smile was Faba. I don't think his grin was too unsuitable for that situation.

:heh:

I really liked Hau's near-constant positive, upbeat attitude. Especially because it made it so impactful when you finally did see him get annoyed (when you beat him on Mount Lanakila) or upset (after Lillie left for Kanto).

The player character, on the other hand... I absolutely agree that it ruined nearly every scene in the game, especially the more emotional ones. I just couldn't understand how Lillie could idolize someone who constantly looked like a psychopath... :shakehead

It doesn't even look like a natural expression to make in any situation! It's just terrifying.

I've not finished the game yet but I'll give your post read when I do eventually see the credits roll.

Slightly off topic, but the amount of ads I've seen on Youtube for rip off mobile games is ridiculous. They don't even try to hide it, either. They've even been using footage from the real games to try and look authentic, one was was just gameplay footage of Pokken.

Slightly off topic, but the amount of ads I've seen on Youtube for rip off mobile games is ridiculous. They don't even try to hide it, either. They've even been using footage from the real games to try and look authentic, one was was just gameplay footage of Pokken.

I know I say this all the time and half the time I'm slightly joking. But this time, I mean it.

This is Pokemon GO's fault.

Edited by Glen-i

@Glen\-i

Could you help me evolve my Electabuzz?

Okie dokie!

How's 9pm for you? You have my friend code, right?

Do you have an Electiriser? Or would you like me to get one for you?

Edited by Glen-i

Don't worry, I'm not here to post battle videos. (Yet)

The next batch of Mega Stones are being distributed through Mystery Gift now.

This time, you can get Sceptilite, Blazikenite and Swampertite, which were previously given to the April Tournament entrants.

You'll also get Banettite and Cameruptite, which are new to Sun/Moon.

The code to claim these is MATSUBUSA.

Edited by Glen-i

So now I need help evolving my Graveler, @Glen-i

I need to be well prepared for the Elite Four.

I also finally managed to evolve my Blue Crab Friend near the Ice Stone, and I am having mixed feelings.

I liked the energy and appearance of his pre-evolved form more, but his evolved form also has a funny look to him.

I guess I just expected a bit more bad-ass yet comical looking Ice-boxer Crab. This is more like an abominable snowman kind of Crab. 

6 minutes ago, Fused King said:

So now I need help evolving my Graveler, @Glen-i

I'm available until 10am, if you want to do that now.

1 hour ago, Glen-i said:

I'm available until 10am, if you want to do that now.

Sure, let's do it now real quick....

5 minutes ago, Fused King said:

Sure, let's do it now real quick....

OK, I'm in Festival Plaza now. Hit me up when you find me.

EDIT: Bloody hell, you don't waste time! Enjoy your now-English named Golem.

Edited by Glen-i

2 hours ago, Glen-i said:

OK, I'm in Festival Plaza now. Hit me up when you find me.

EDIT: Bloody hell, you don't waste time! Enjoy your now-English named Golem.

Yeah, I thought you only had a few minutes to spare before it became 10 am.

Don't worry, I always name them back into Japanese since they are still my Pokemon.

I am actually on a quest now to try and capture all the Pokemon starting with Gen 1. I always caught the Pokemon that I liked and never really payed any attention to 'Catching the all', but with the re-release of Pokemon Yellow on the eShop I have started try and embark on this massive undertaking of which I'm sure many of you have already achieved.

I have caught many on Pokemon Yellow, but I'm not there yet.

Edited by Fused King
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Fused King said:

Yeah, I thought you only had a few minutes to spare before it became 10 am.

Don't worry, I always name them back into Japanese since they are still my Pokemon.

I am actually on a quest now to try and capture all the Pokemon starting with Gen 1. I always caught the Pokemon that I liked and never really payed any attention to 'Catching the all', but with the re-release of Pokemon Yellow on the eShop I have started try and embark on this massive undertaking of which I'm sure many of you have already achieved.

I have caught many on Pokemon Yellow, but I'm not there yet.

Cool, I had begun cathing them all a few months ago, untill the Switch launch.

After 100%-ing Sun/Moon I went for Alpha Sapphire/Omega Ruby, but completing these became a chore especialy when I started going after the Legendaries. Finding out there's no way to get the event Pokémon (and they were distributed last year for free) was also off putting...

But I might be tempted to give it another go!

Another month, another set of videos from me. This Tournament was the Tiny Tourney, where only Pokemon shorter than 1 metre are allowed. Cool little ruleset.

XDKW-WWWW-WWW7-NEVL

So this battle was really close, definitely exciting and I manage to pull off a... Woah, hold up, that ain't me! That person has way too nice clothing options to be me!

That's bloody @Ugh first aid! Making her online competition debut. Still, I've had more experience, so she's got a bit of practice ahead for her before she can be on my level.

Huh? She finished almost twenty thousand places above me? Well, bugger it all then. She didn't even use a legendary Pokemon. Class!

VUJW-WWWW-WWW7-NEUN

Anyway, back to my far crappier team. The battle isn't really of note, but my opponent here has some serious style, that's for sure. No substance, but definitely style. Fun fact: Ugh first aid fought a completely different guy with the same team.

YBYG-WWWW-WWW7-ZNDT

Another fight from Ugh first aid. Against... Hang on, that guy looks strangely familiar... Well, this one is sure to be entertaining, seeing as it's a 6 on 6 fight.

The next tournament is the "Weakness Cup" where only Pokemon that have 5 or more different weaknesses are allowed and the only items are Weakness Policy and Berries that halve supereffective damage. I love these weird rulesets, always interesting.

• Like 1

Us Europeans can now get a Shiny Tapu Koko through Mystery Gift.

Make sure you select the "Via Internet" option.

Also worth noting that it's guaranteed to have a Timid nature, so don't bother resetting for anything else. It's Lv 60 and is holding an Electric Seed.

So I have to ask.

What's up with all this Ultra Beast nonsense and why are they registered in my pokedex? Is Gamefreak gearing up for a spin-off series where you hunt these rejected pokemon designs?

• Like 1