NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

That Seismitoad you were using did seem to have a pretty similar moveset to the one I have on my White team. I saw Poison Jab, Earthquake and Drain Punch on it, and with my own one I had these moves plus Surf for the STAB Water coverage (even though Waterfall would have been better for it but Seismitoad was my water type on the team and obviously I needed someone to Surf on, not necessarily someone to use Waterfall). I've got to admit though the fact that Seismitoad couldn't learn Ice moves made the Dragon gym very challenging.

Funny that you mentioned that, because the 4th move my Seismitoad has is Ice Punch. (OR/AS Move Tutor only, unfortunately) It really needed a counter to Grass Pokemon that resist Poison Jab, also hits Dragon, Flying and Ground pretty hard too.

Assault Vest was the item I used. 120-ish Defense and 180-ish Sp. Def at Lv. 50 is very nice to have on a Pokemon with only one weakness. (albeit, a very devastating Grass Weakness) No downsides as well.

Finally, Poison Touch is a great ability. 30% chance of poisoning with every contact move. With Poison Jab, I think it stacks to 51%. (Feel free to correct me, @Serebii) I like those odds. I ruined a lot of tanks in the Battle Tree, thanks to that.

It's also a really funny middle finger to use Drain Punch, steal their HP and then Poison them.

Anyway, had a few double battles recently, experimenting with a dual wall lead. The first one was actually quite a good evenly contested battle between myself and my opponent but I think the match ended in him forfeiting when he was down to just his Tapu Lele. Would have been fun to see if he could have somehow managed to pull it back.

BKDW-WWWW-WWW6-CXUQ

Hey, a win's a win!

Wow, you're the first person I've seen use a Z-Status move! That's a bit sad it took that long for me to find one.

And that Baneful Bunker was perfectly timed! If that was a Smash Bros. manuever, it'd be this.

bAYWQpK.gif

Very expertly done! Kudos! I don't think my go-to team would stand a chance.

I need to make a doubles team that doesn't suck.

Then in this battle against a rain team things were going quite badly (Silvally switch was the worst switch ever) but towards the end I though that I could be in a position where, with the Raichu having been taken out, I was intending to stall out with my Toxapex to try and have an epic turnaround, only for the Politoed to freeze me and then reveal that it was trying to get the freezehax all along because it was hiding that it knew Earthquake all that time, I had been under the impression that all that they had left were Pokemon with not very effective moves against me.

Z82W-WWWW-WWW6-CXV5

Nothing says "I've hacked my Pokemon" quite like a team of nothing but Shinies, huh?

Also, who uses Kantonian Raichu anymore? I mean, seriously.

Got a good laugh at the double KO though. Massive woopsies on both sides there!

The Earthquake reveal was pretty well done. Gotta give RI credit there. Not for his name though, It's a stupid name.

Pheromosa might just be the most unnecessarily powerful Pokemon ever though. Pretty much the biggest reason I run an Alolan Marowak. Bait it to use High Jump Kick, switch to Marowak. Burst out laughing. Works every time. Kinda like running a Speedy Groudon, using it to bait a Kyogre switch, then smacking it with Thunder Punch. Hilarious.

Edited by Glen-i

Traded Solgaleo for Lunala and back again so I now have 100% complete Alolan Pokedex.

Not really much to do in-game now so I guess Moon will be back on the backburner, I've finally started Zelda after all...

4 previously unavailable Mega Stones are now available through Mystery Gift.

Mawilite, Beedrillite, (Those 2 were available in an online competition) Audinite and Medichamite are what you get.

Enter the code "INTIMIDATE" (All caps)

Now I've got two Beedrillites...

Mega Beedrill isn't exactly versatile enough to have two setups though.

Hmmm...

Edited by Glen-i

pokemon-detail.png

A new Mythical Pokémon named Marshadow has been discovered! The details of this Pokémon are shrouded in mystery! Marshadow cannot be encountered in normal gameplay. Details will be introduced in the future on how Trainers can get this Pokémon for their game.

So cute!

I really need to get back to playing this. I starting getting bored with it and haven't played it for over a week.

I had fully expected Ash Pikachu variants to be our event Pokémon for the year, so this reveal was somewhat unexpected for myself.

And with both Ash Pikachu variants and Marshadow being distributed this year, it certainly opens the door for a new game in the near future... :D

I had fully expected Ash Pikachu variants to be our event Pokémon for the year, so this reveal was somewhat unexpected for myself.

And with both Ash Pikachu variants and Marshadow being distributed this year, it certainly opens the door for a new game in the near future... :D

I, for one, am thankful.

Because who bloody cares about Pikachu with new hat?

Remember Cosplay Pikachu? Remember how upset you were that you had to leave it behind in OR/AS?

Because I don't.

Yay, four more Mega Stones which I can't use due to not having said Pokemon in Sun and Moon...

In other, possibly more significant news, the Pokemon company has officially revealed Marshadow.

Given the Ash-Pikachu looks like being the big gift this year I would have thought a Marshadow movie next year would be around the time we would be able to get Marshadow, but apparently if they're revealing it now it's probably going to come sooner than that.

Either that or they are just trying to potentially avoid Twitter harassment from everyone who already knew about Marshadow.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to read the new page.

I, for one, am thankful.

Remember Cosplay Pikachu? Remember how upset you were that you had to leave it behind in OR/AS?

Because I don't.

I have a feeling that these will be transferable unlike Cosplay Pikachu, but I completely see, and agree with, your point.

Also, what do people think is next in store for the franchise now? Ash's friends in the trailer for the new movie both have Sinnoh 'mon (Piplup and Lucario), whereas his rival had an Alola 'mon (Incineroar). Been wondering for a while now that SM was a one-off - don't believe we've seen any other new console Pokémon releases since then? - and that Gen VII is both a celebration of what's come before, and a set-up for what is to come (Necrozma, Ultra Beasts, etc.).

Sinnoh remakes? An Alola sequel? I don't see them starting off an entirely new generation so soon, but the more I think about it, the more SM looks like Pokemon's swan song on the 3DS, and that whatever we get next - either later this year or next year - will be on the Switch.

Yay, four more Mega Stones which I can't use due to not having said Pokemon in Sun and Moon...

In other, possibly more significant news, the Pokemon company has officially revealed Marshadow.

Given the Ash-Pikachu looks like being the big gift this year I would have thought a Marshadow movie next year would be around the time we would be able to get Marshadow, but apparently if they're revealing it now it's probably going to come sooner than that.

Either that or they are just trying to potentially avoid Twitter harassment from everyone who already knew about Marshadow.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to read the new page.

Worth noting that it's been revealed to be in this year's movie I Choose You, so I think we're going to be seeing it distributed later this year.

I, for one, am thankful.

Because I don't.

tumblr_mxvvoz1xnh1qz7kjgo1_500.jpg

Hey, I'm way more excited about getting a Kalos cap Pikachu than Marshadow. :(

(don't really care about the other caps at all though lol)

Edited by FireMeowth

It's not uncommon. For the movies over the last 10+ years, there have been two distributions for the movies.

One is for pre-booking the ticket. In past years

2007: Deoxys

2008: Regigigas

2009: Shiny Pichu

2010: Shiny Raikou, Entei, Suicune

2011: Victini

2012: Keldeo

2013: Mewtwo

2014: Darkrai

2015: Arceus (including Shiny Arceus)

2016: Volcanion

2017: Ash Cap Pikachu

Then the in-cinema distributions

2007: Darkrai

2008: Shaymin

2009: Arceus

2010: Celebi

2011: Reshiram/Zekrom

2012: Meloetta

2013: Shiny Genesect

2014: Diancie

2015: Hoopa

2016: Greninja (Poll Winner), Magearna QR Code

2017: Marshadow

Yep, there it is. It was kind of obligatory.

It has more than a hat though. It has a unique and badass Z-Move

It has more than a hat though. It has a unique and badass Z-Move

Don't give me that like I don't visit your website daily.

You know I already know.

Tell me, does anyone actually use Pikachu's normal Z-Move?

Without a Light Ball, Pikachu is pointless, without point, point minus point, point deficient!

Also, Alolan Raichu's Z-Move is more useful.

I really need to get back to playing this. I starting getting bored with it and haven't played it for over a week.

Yeah this happened to me too, and I think Mike1988UK had the same thing when we discussed it.

I honestly found it a bit of a slog to get through it.

I never did finish it in the end and ended up trading it in because I had absolutely no desire to go back to it.

It wasn't a bad game by any means, but the changes to the formula that most people loved, I didn't.

Give me the 8 gyms back any day. :blush:

Is he actually called Ash-hat Pikachu and if not, why not?

Is he actually called Ash-hat Pikachu and if not, why not?

Nope.

It's:

Original Cap Pikachu

Hoenn Cap Pikachu

Sinnoh Cap Pikachu

Unova Cap Pikachu

Kalos Cap Pikachu

Alola Cap Pikachu

or, generally just "Ash's Pikachu"

You can be the biggest tease sometimes. There's me going to your site, surprised it came out so soon.

It hasn't. You and your stupid Japanese 3DS.

I wonder how Switch will handle future Mystery Gift distributions?

You can be the biggest tease sometimes. There's me going to your site, surprised it came out so soon.

It hasn't. You and your stupid Japanese 3DS.

I wonder how Switch will handle future Mystery Gift distributions?

Same as 3DS. Just because the console is region free doesn't mean they'll change how distributions are done.

Same as 3DS. Just because the console is region free doesn't mean they'll change how distributions are done.

Yeah, I suppose if that's how it was on the DS...

So, anyway... Hardy nature only? That sucks.

The April International Challenge started today. Kinda caught me by surprise. I only registered yesterday, the last day of registration. Because of that, I didn't have much time to think of imaginative team switch ups. So I went with old faithful, mostly.

Tapu Koko

Buzzwole

Kartana

Rock Head Alolan Marowak (I don't think I'll ever not use him, except for Singles, where I switch to Lightning Rod)

Tapu Bulu

Alolan Raichu

The only difference is that I swapped Nihilego with Alolan Rai. After @GenericAperson battered me with one, I decided to train one. Only just got it to Level 100 (Training takes ages in this game) Seeing as I know it's doubles format this time, I thought it'd make a great teammate for Tapu Koko.

It must be working, because I won 80% of today's fights! Naturally, I expect it all to fall apart tomorrow.

Anyway, videos!

LWXG-WWWW-WWW6-Z2TW

This fight started not great for me. So when things looked bleak, I decided to open with one hell of a weird manuever.

Did it work? I dunno, find out yourself.

S2UG-WWWW-WWW6-Z2T5

I suppose this fight had to happen sooner or later.

There's no fighting destiny, after all.

It's the ultimate Pokemon battle. Red Vs Blue has nothing on this! Prepare yourself for...

Me VS Me in a Purple Shirt

OZ87dUd.gif

Yep, found someone with the same face and hairstyle as me.

He's flamboyant to boot and his Pokemon are just as fancy.

Who will win!? Does anyone care!? Will I stop bumping this thread every time I enter an online competition!?

Anyway, videos!

LWXG-WWWW-WWW6-Z2TW

That was a great turn 1, did you predict the Crunch from Arcanine on your Raichu so you used u-turn to bring it back into a different slot?

Also why was your opponent using Hyper Beam?

S2UG-WWWW-WWW6-Z2T5

Purple Glen-i had some rather, uh... interesting choice in 'Mons.

That was a great turn 1, did you predict the Crunch from Arcanine on your Raichu so you used u-turn to bring it back into a different slot?

Also why was your opponent using Hyper Beam?

Pretty much, I was banking on him wanting to get rid of Raichu, because Surge Surfer makes it very dangerous. So I took an opportunity to send out Buzzwole and keep Koko ready in case I need to activate Electric Terrain again. It could have easily backfired if he decided to take out Tapu Koko first.

The problem with Arcanine's sudden popularity in Doubles is that I've gotten ridiculously good at predicting exactly what it's going to do. I knew he'd try to utilise Intimidate immediately (They always do), so I opened with two Special Attackers. Actually, that's a problem with Smogon in general. Anyone who does a bit of study can very easily figure out your strategy, and with a bit of imagination and experimentation, can totally blindside you by using a Pokemon in a way Smogon don't recommend.

My Buzzwole is a perfect example of this, no-one ever thinks of Assault Vest on it, because Smogon don't ever entertain the idea. So when I send it out, everyone always goes for the Special Attacks, unaware that my Buzzwole's Defense is actually lower. (314 Def/332 Sp. Def)

It's really fun. Punishing people for relying on Smogon too much.

As for Hyper Beam, I can only assume that he used it because Jolteon's moveset is a bit crap. Against two other electric Pokemon, it kinda struggles to do decent damage.

Not sure why he kept using it once I sent Buzzwole out though... I thought it might be locked with a Choice Item, but then it used Leftovers, so, no clue.

Maybe he's only played Red/Blue? Maybe he thinks that if he knocks a Pokemon out with Hyper Beam, he doesn't have to recharge?

Bloody Genwunners!

Purple Glen-i had some rather, uh... interesting choice in 'Mons.

Amazingly enough, he gave me a bit of trouble. Apart from Starmie, I had no clue how he'd use his team. He had two other Pokemon I was certain he'd use other than Oricorio and Togedemaru, and then Oricorio's Z-Move caught me off-guard.

Thankfully, Marowak's amazing. Took it like a boss! Managed to tank another hit after that with 2 HP left. (That was really lucky)

I've used up all of my battles today. (I was too busy playing Wonder Boy yesterday)

No interesting videos to show though. Thouroughly average performance, lost about half of the battles.

I hope they start allowing Mega Stones in online competitions soon, I like trying different teams, and I'm starting to settle on which Pokemon from Alola work well for me.

If not, I hope they do something like the Kanto X Alola Tournament.

Maybe a Unova X Hoenn one? That could be fun. Anything that showcases the forgotten Pokemon really.

Ooh, or maybe they can look at what Pokemon are the most popular (You can do that on the PGL website) and maybe have a tournament that bans the 100 most popular Pokemon in Sun and Moon? That'd be a good test of strategy.

You can have those for free, Game Freak spies.

Wow, this post was longer than I expected. Sorry.

Edited by Glen-i

There are times where you can just have the worst luck in a battle.

56YG-WWWW-WWW6-S88C

Anyway, anyone want a Shiny Psyduck?

I've got a bloody third one now and there's not much point to me keeping it.