NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Great, thnx both!! Just have to wait for the update then. Any word on a date yet?

Apparently, it's January...

I have no idea though.

In my never-ending quest to beat the Battle Tree, I stumbled across my Gen 5 PWT Nightmare...

It's most irritating Champion, Cynthia! Who has managed to completely ruin her ridiculous Garchomp!

And I am forever grateful for Mega Evolution now!

8BQW-WWWW-WWW4-4A9Q

Battle Tree regular battle match 20: PYDW-WWWW-WWW4-6GVS

Didn't think I would would win after seeing the Arcanine. Pretty sure I was going to lose at various points in previous battles as well, probably would have been swept by a Scizor in the 19th battle but it kept using Agility after it took out Ninetales with a Bullet Punch. I was surprised I beat it in my first try, especially since I forgot to teach my Froslass the correct moves.

Battle Tree regular battle match 20: PYDW-WWWW-WWW4-6GVS

Didn't think I would would win after seeing the Arcanine. Pretty sure I was going to lose at various points in previous battles as well, probably would have been swept by a Scizor in the 19th battle but it kept using Agility after it took out Ninetales with a Bullet Punch. I was surprised I beat it in my first try, especially since I forgot to teach my Froslass the correct moves.

Wow! That fight was great! Didn't think you could make an Ice Team work so well!

I'm amazed that Sandslash lasted the whole Battle, what a trooper!

When the Bank update drops, I'd love to battle that team, (and some others I've seen in other Battle videos) see how I hold up.

I'd challenge you now. But I only have two Pokemon that are properly trained and aren't legendaries/UB's.

Wow! That fight was great! Didn't think you could make an Ice Team work so well!

I'm amazed that Sandslash lasted the whole Battle, what a trooper!

Well Aurora Veil probably helped with that. He drops to a fighting or fire type move as it's 4x weak to both. At least if I can predict a fighting move I can switch in Froslass for free.

The team has problems against certain types so I might add Weavile or Mamoswine who should hopefully and some type coverage. I might change up Sandslash's move set a bit as well.

I don't really have a team, I just have a bunch of Pokemon I like. :p

I don't really have a team, I just have a bunch of Pokemon I like. :p

You're talking to the guy who uses a Grumpig and a Feraligatr on his team since Gen 5!

Pokemon I like has been the entire basis of my team since I started battling seriously.

It's still impressive how you managed to get an Ice Team to Blue. Hail has been the most useless Weather condition for a long time (Aurora Veil and Slush Rush are very welcome additions this Gen) and Ice types have never been lucky when it comes to Type Matchups. I mean, they only resist Ice for crying out loud.

Jangmo-o Giveaway

In the process of getting a Jangmo-o I'm happy with, I've got a few that have pretty great IV's, but weren't what I was looking for.

It seems a waste to just release them, so does anyone here want one? I've got 6 spare. I'll detail them in a spoiler. They all have outstanding potential. No egg moves or hidden abilities, mind.

1. Male, Relaxed, Soundproof, 5 perfect IV's and Very good Sp. Def.

2. Male, Jolly, Bulletproof, 5 perfect IV's and Fantastic Defense.

3. Female, Modest, Bulletproof, 5 perfect IV's and Fantastic Sp. Atk.

4. Female, Quirky, Soundproof, 5 perfect IV's and Fantastic HP.

5. Female, Adamant, Soundproof, 6 perfect IV's

6. Female, Adamant, Bulletproof, 5 perfect IV's and Pretty good Sp. Atk.

The more savvy among you will probably realise that some of these are ready to be trained, others will make good parents.

If you want one, tell me which one you want and I'll trade it to you tomorrow around 6pm-9pm.

If you want me to nickname it or something, let me know.

Edited by Glen-i
Automerged Doublepost

I've struggled with a team of 6 for most of the game, i currently have;

Main Team

Decideye (Ghost/Grass) Lvl54

Inceneroar (Dark/Fire) Lvl52

Marrowak (Ghost/Fire) Lvl50

Raichu (Electric/Pshycic) Lvl51

Then the floaters for 5th &6th slot

Araquanid (Bug/Water) Lvl41

Crabomnible (Ice/Fighting) Lvl 45

Lycanroc (Rock) Lvl 39

Lunala (Ghost/Psychic) Lvl50

Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy) Lvl55

I just can't decide on the 5/6th slots, I had the fighting Crab for a long while, but dropped him when i realised it was near the end of the game i could evolve him, and now i have......he's so slow he's useless unless its specific circumstances

Lycanroc had similar issues, he looks cool as, but he isn't quick enough to be usueful

Araquanid is new and i've not have chance to use him yet, Serebii recommended him over Golisopod (who's emergency exit spoiled him), but so far he seems quite good, certainly good enough for me to use a spider

Lunala i only brought briefly for story purposes but its like easy mode with a legendary

Mimikyu is cool, but i just ended up not liking too much and typically don't like non evolving mon, even if its a ghost

Before the game i had high hopes t use Type:Null but i understand he's post game, so it will be my second play through i'll be using it now

Any recommendations of other mon? or ways to make one of the floaters work? I favor Ghost and Ice Types, but its not essential, looking at my typings i could make use of an Ice,Fairy,Dragon maybe Rock

Then the floaters for 5th &6th slot

Araquanid (Bug/Water) Lvl41

Crabomnible (Ice/Fighting) Lvl 45

Lycanroc (Rock) Lvl 39

Lunala (Ghost/Psychic) Lvl50

Mimikyu (Ghost/Fairy) Lvl55

Any recommendations of other mon? or ways to make one of the floaters work? I favor Ghost and Ice Types, but its not essential, looking at my typings i could make use of an Ice,Fairy,Dragon maybe Rock

If it was me, I would go with Lycanroc, but I choose playthrough teams purely on looks.

Honestly, Midnight Lycanroc is crap.

Lunala is way good, but it is a Legendary.

Have you considered a Jangmo-o? It's Dragon/Fighting which your team doesn't have either of, Kommo-o looks like a Seregios and it has a good Moveset. It's a great Attacker and a good Special Attacker, so it's very versatile.

It's a bit slow and has a horrendous Fairy weakness, but it's pretty solid for beating the game.

You can get one in the outside sections of Vast Poni Canyon, in tall grass.

They're pretty rare, you'll have to look for a bit.

I don't think you need two Fire types on your team, especially when both Incineroar and Alolan Marowak have primary typings that cover the same things. Alolan Marowak gets access to Ground moves as well and Ghost isn't resisted by Fairy whereas Dark is so I would be tempted to go with Alolan Marowak and drop the Incineroar but it does leave you in a situation where you would have two Ghost types on the team.

Mimmikyu's awesome especially if you give it Swords Dance but on your team I don't think having half of it being Ghost is a good idea. I used an Araquanid on my team and he was awesome, so I would highly recommend using it. It's more of a tanky Pokemon than a strong attacker but if you give if Leech Life then you can get that HP right back, plus Liquidation gets doubled in power thanks to Water Bubble. It can also learn Poision Jab if you need a way to deal with Fairy types and it can also learn Ice Beam to take on Dragon types, but with it's low Special Attack it's not going to be hitting them that hard so you may want Lunge or Mirror Coat instead.

I would go with Glen's suggestion for the Dragon/Fighting coverage and get a Kommo-0 or just use the Crabominable you've had throughout the game for that coverage. That pretty much leaves Lycanroc as the only thing left that doesn't really clash with the typings that you already have.

So I would say:

Decidueye

Alolan Marowak

Raichu

Araquanid

Kommo-o/Crabominable

Lycanroc

Alternatively you could raise a Mudbray and get a Mudsdale from it, that would allow you to run:

Decidueye

Incineroar

Raichu

Araquanid

Kommo-o

Mudsdale

The above team gives you two Dark resistances instead of one and you lose the massive weaknesses to Ghost and Dark your team otherwise would have had with those being restricted to just two Pokemon (Decidueye and Raichu)

Just finished the Elite 4, making this the first Pokemon game I've finished since Blue on the Game Boy. Suppose that means I quite like it.

Finished it with

Decidueye

Butterfree

Growlithe

Magnezone

Tentacruel

Gengar

Probably went in a bit underleveled, but managed to get through them all on the first attempt.

Kahili and Hala. And Snorlax, the stubborn bastard.

Just finished the Elite 4, making this the first Pokemon game I've finished since Blue on the Game Boy. Suppose that means I quite like it.

Finished it with

Decidueye

Butterfree

Growlithe

Magnezone

Tentacruel

Gengar

Probably went in a bit underleveled, but managed to get through them all on the first attempt.

Kahili and Hala. And Snorlax, the stubborn bastard.

Just curious but how come you didn't evolve your Growlithe?

Just curious but how come you didn't evolve your Growlithe?

My mistake. It was an Arcanine. Just typed Growlithe by mistake.

My mistake. It was an Arcanine. Just typed Growlithe by mistake.

Am I right in remembering that there was an old anime episode where Officer Jenny refers to her Growlithe as 'Arcanine"?

Maybe you two should trade?

I can't believe your team consisted of so many Pokemon from Gen 1! And I'm even more amazed you stuck with Butterfree! Butterfree makes Lycanroc look viable!

At least I'll know who to blame when the Diamond/Pearl remakes come out and every Pokemon has been replaced with the first 150.

Edited by Glen-i

I've always found the psychic, sleep powder and poison powder to be useful. Plus I've never really built teams for power, just for whichever ones I like (with some type variety so I don't get my ass handed to me).

Can anyone offer me any tips on how to get Lunala in Pokemon Sun? I just want to get it registered in Pokedex so I can search on the GTS for it. However, there's no QR code available so I'm not sure how I can search for it in trade :hmm:

Can anyone offer me any tips on how to get Lunala in Pokemon Sun? I just want to get it registered in Pokedex so I can search on the GTS for it. However, there's no QR code available so I'm not sure how I can search for it in trade :hmm:

You have to actually obtain it unfortunately for the Pokedex entry. I still have Solgaleo missing from my Pokedex at the moment.

I would offer trading Solgaleo for Lunala but I deleted my 3DS' Wi Fi connection because it wasn't working.

Even better, why not hit someone up here? Anyone with access to Moon can get one for you to keep. You have to do a few things first.

1. Beat the game.

2. Put your Solgaleo on your team.

3. Head to the Altar of the Sunne, during the day.

4. There'll be an Ultra Wormhole there, go in that.

You'll now be in the alternate version of Alola. Like Moon, Day and night is reversed. But there are still no Moon exclusive Pokemon, so don't bother. A few things to do here...

1. Head to the place where the Lake of the Moone was in your dimension. You know, that incredibly suspicious empty place. However, here, it's called the Lake of the Sunne.

2. If you're aiming to soft reset for a good natured Lunala, now's the time to save.

3. Go to the end of Lake of the Sunne.

4. You'll be given a Cosmog.

Cosmog, as you should be aware, evolves into Solgaleo. But you don't want to do that.

1. Train your Cosmog to around Level 50, AND NO FURTHER.

2. Now trade that to someone with access to Pokemon Moon. Someone like, Oh, I don't know... Me?

3. Get them to level that until it evolves. Because it's on Moon, it'll evolve into a Lunala instead.

4. Trade it back.

Ta-Da! Your very own Lunala! Under your name, so you can nickname it whatever stupid name you want!

I can't believe your team consisted of so many Pokemon from Gen 1!

I know a guy who dumped his starter and decided to use an entire team consisting of Gen 1 Pokemon only. Or at least, that was the intention but he let his Eevee evolve through happiness. One of the Pokemon he also decided to use was Magneton.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were quite a few players out there who stuck to mainly using Pokemon they are familiar with.

I know a guy who dumped his starter and decided to use an entire team consisting of Gen 1 Pokemon only. Or at least, that was the intention but he let his Eevee evolve through happiness. One of the Pokemon he also decided to use was Magneton.

Wouldn't be surprised if there were quite a few players out there who stuck to mainly using Pokemon they are familiar with.

5ca63ed578396c103e0e70c7617f8ec79fde583e_hq.jpg

Seriously though, I can't understand that, Pokemon games aren't exactly hard to beat. Where's the sense of adventure and discovery if you just use the same-old Pokemon you always do?

People like that are why we can't have nice things...

That's exactly why they had no old Pokémon until postgame in Black & White and why Bank is delayed with each generation. So people can use new ones

I just don't like the designs of many of the new ones. If I saw a Pokemon I liked the design of more than the ones I ended up with, I'd have gladly swapped one of them out. I stuck with Decidueye because I liked the design. I even gave the new Pokémon a chance by looking up their evolutions, but none of them appealed to me.

You can search for Pokemon not in your Pokedex on the GTS...

Just scroll to the bottom of the list and you can type in the name and search that way. That's how I got my Lunala and most of my 'dex filled.

Just need to trade my Porygon to get that bastard evolved and I'll be done.

This is the first Pokemon game I've played since Gold/Silver with Pokemon Go really bringing me back into the fold in a big way. I don't think I've ever put so much time into a game but after 108 hours I've finally completed my Pokedex 100%.

A bit disappointed there wasn't a bit more fanfare over this, do I get anything for completing it?

This is the first Pokemon game I've played since Gold/Silver with Pokemon Go really bringing me back into the fold in a big way. I don't think I've ever put so much time into a game but after 108 hours I've finally completed my Pokedex 100%.

A bit disappointed there wasn't a bit more fanfare over this, do I get anything for completing it?

Go to Heahea City and go to Game Freak's building. You'll get a stamp in your Trainer Passport and an item that makes Shiny Pokémon more common