NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

My brother decided that he wanted to use a Rowlet on his in-game team so I bred a Rowlet from my Decidueye and traded with him to get Cottonee, which I then evolved into a Whimsicott.

Still need to get a Dratini sometime but whether I'm prepared for grind for ages to fish for one I'm not sure. Aside from that, the Pokemon that I still need are:

Slowking (Trade Evo)

Alakazam (Trade Evo)

Gengar (Trade Evo)

Rufflet (Sun Exclusive)

Braviary (Sun Exclusive)

Machamp (Trade Evo)

Gigalith (Trade Evo)

Politoed (Got a Poliwhirl with King's Rock for this purpose)

Milotic (Trade Evo)

Magmortar (I have a Magmar with Magmarizer)

Passimian (Sun Exclusive)

Cranidos (Sun Exclusive)

Rampardos (Sun Exclusive)

Tirtouga (Sun Exclusive)

Carracosta (Sun Exclusive)

Trevenant (Trade Evo)

Porygon2 (Trade Evo)

Porygon-Z (Trade Evo)

Turtonaor (Sun Exclusive)

Electivire (Trade Evo)

Ninetales (I have Alolan Vulpix so this is just as case of trying to find an Ice Stone)

Scizor (Trade Evo, thank goodness Steelix isn't in S/M)

Solgaleo (Sun Exclusive)

Currently at 91% Pokedex completion... never managed to complete the regional dex in Y so when I'm so close I might as well go all the mile. Shame I can't get online on Moon at the moment or I might use GTS to help me with filling the dex but as you can see, getting everyone else by myself is going to be kind of limited.

Thinking of building an ice team for Battle Tree doubles. So far have Alola Ninetales and Alola Sandslash. Not sure who else to add to the team. I have a Glaceon, but it has a rather limited movepool. Maybe Glalie/Froslass?

Not sure if I should go all ice or add something else for coverage, but can't think of what.

Thinking of building an ice team for Battle Tree doubles. So far have Alola Ninetales and Alola Sandslash. Not sure who else to add to the team. I have a Glaceon, but it has a rather limited movepool. Maybe Glalie/Froslass?

Not sure if I should go all ice or add something else for coverage, but can't think of what.

Mamoswine is always a good shout

Mamoswine is always a good shout

Ah, good call. Didn't realise you could get one via island scan.

Any recommendations for a good Water type? I've been using Wimpod/Golisopod but the abilities (wimpout/Emergency Exit) are absolutely doing my head in! its ruined the pokemon for me

Any recommendations for a good Water type? I've been using Wimpod/Golisopod but the abilities (wimpout/Emergency Exit) are absolutely doing my head in! its ruined the pokemon for me

Araquanid :)

Yeah, Araquanid has been the biggest surprise for me. Didn't really know of it before launch because I was trying to avoid spoilers, other than there being a Water Spider. Initally wanted to use Type:Null on the team and evolve it into Silvally to be my 6th team member and wasn't even going to use a Water type. However, out of doubt over whether I would be able to get Type:Null before the game was over I decided to catch Dewpider out of curiosity over whether this was the rumoured "Water Spider" although I knew nothing of it's learnset. I intended for my Lycanroc to be the main weapon against Fire types and to be fair it did one shot Totem Salazzle with Rock Tomb.

However, after catching Dewpider I saw it's Water Bubble ability and knew I'd made the right choice. The buff in power to Leech Life gave my team the energy draining move that at least one of them always packs and pretty pleased with how that one turned out. The fact that it's ability not only gives it extra resistance to Fire but also doubles the power of Water attacks makes it quite handy. It's attacking stats aren't the best which I suppose balances out the ability somewhat but it's Special Defence stat is amazing and defence isn't half bad either. Silvally ended up being relegated to Battle Tree only because Araquanid had more than earned his place on the team, plus being part Bug he resists Ground which half my team is weak to given that I had Raichu, Lycanroc and Salazzle on the team, so having two Pokemon that resist that is quite handy.

So, I gave my daughter a 2DS with Pokemon Moon (didn't realise it's preinstalled, d'oh #01). She's 6 and she has some difficulties because the game's English (no Dutch available). So I've been helping her out and that lead to me getting a renewed Pokemon itch. Now I don't want to claim her 2DS all day long so I bought a retail Pokemon Sun copy to play on my n3DS XL.

Is there anyway to transfer (a part of) my progress in Moon on the 2DS over to my Sun on n3DS XL?

Or is linking and trading Pokémon the only (and very inconvenient and limited) way of transfering any data between the two save files?

So, I gave my daughter a 2DS with Pokemon Moon (didn't realise it's preinstalled, d'oh #01). She's 6 and she has some difficulties because the game's English (no Dutch available). So I've been helping her out and that lead to me getting a renewed Pokemon itch. Now I don't want to claim her 2DS all day long so I bought a retail Pokemon Sun copy to play on my n3DS XL.

Is there anyway to transfer (a part of) my progress in Moon on the 2DS over to my Sun on n3DS XL?

Or is linking and trading Pokémon the only (and very inconvenient and limited) way of transfering any data between the two save files?

Only through trading

Too bad, was hoping for some way to transfer a save file or a part of it.

How does that Pokemon bank and Poketransfer work? heard that it will add Sun/Moon support somewhere this month?

Last Pokemon game I played befor this was Diamond so I need to get a little up to date :)

Too bad, was hoping for some way to transfer a save file or a part of it.

How does that Pokemon bank and Poketransfer work? heard that it will add Sun/Moon support somewhere this month?

Last Pokemon game I played befor this was Diamond so I need to get a little up to date :)

Pokémon Bank is just online box storage essentially, and allows you to shift hundreds of Pokémon between the cloud and the game (and then load another game and shift them to the next game) at once.

Poké Transporter is software that ties in with it that allows for you to shift Pokémon from Box 1 of your Gen 1 or Gen 5 Pokémon games into Pokémon Bank

Pokémon Bank is just online box storage essentially, and allows you to shift hundreds of Pokémon between the cloud and the game (and then load another game and shift them to the next game) at once.

Poké Transporter is software that ties in with it that allows for you to shift Pokémon from Box 1 of your Gen 1 or Gen 5 Pokémon games into Pokémon Bank

So that sounds essentially as the most comprehensive solution to my problem.

I can backup all caught Moon/2DS Pokemon to the bank and download these to my Sun/n3DSXL game?

Just need to wait till they update Sun/Moon support.

So that sounds essentially as the most comprehensive solution to my problem.

I can backup all caught Moon/2DS Pokemon to the bank and download these to my Sun/n3DSXL game?

Just need to wait till they update Sun/Moon support.

You'd need to do the Bank on the 2DS and Sun be a physical copy for it to work though

Also you'd need your daughter's permission, since those are her Pokemon you're stealing you heartless fiend.

You'd need to do the Bank on the 2DS and Sun be a physical copy for it to work though

You mean that I need to play both games (preinstalled Moon and physical Sun) on the 2DS?

Or can I upload to the bank from the 2DS with the preinstalled Moon and download from the bank with the 3DSXL with a physical copy of Sun?

And is the Pokemon Bank software coupled to your NNID or a Pokemon account system?

You mean that I need to play both games (preinstalled Moon and physical Sun) on the 2DS?

Or can I upload to the bank from the 2DS with the preinstalled Moon and download from the bank with the 3DSXL with a physical copy of Sun?

And is the Pokemon Bank software coupled to your NNID or a Pokemon account system?

Na, you can just put the physical Sun into the 2DS when using Bank to connect with it. The Bank is coupled to the NNID which is why you can only access it on one device.

Na, you can just put the physical Sun into the 2DS when using Bank to connect with it. The Bank is coupled to the NNID which is why you can only access it on one device.

Ahh, Thanks for all your help, appreciate it!!

That means I just have to wait untill Pokémon Bank updates somewhere this month to support Sun and Moon, install it on the 2DS, transfer the select few Pokémon I want in Sun. After that I start up my Sun game om the 2DS and download them? Or does it only work when you transfer ALL the pokémon from your file/account?

Sorry for my tsunami of questions, I'm really a huge noob on the matter and you've been a great help so far!

Ps: why doesn't Pokebank/Transfer support Diamond/Pearl? Is that because of some upgrades in the core game that have been implemented from X/Y and on?

Ahh, Thanks for all your help, appreciate it!!

That means I just have to wait untill Pokémon Bank updates somewhere this month to support Sun and Moon, install it on the 2DS, transfer the select few Pokémon I want in Sun. After that I start up my Sun game om the 2DS and download them? Or does it only work when you transfer ALL the pokémon from your file/account?

Sorry for my tsunami of questions, I'm really a huge noob on the matter and you've been a great help so far!

Ps: why doesn't Pokebank/Transfer support Diamond/Pearl? Is that because of some upgrades in the core game that have been implemented from X/Y and on?

Na you just need to load up Bank while Sun is in the 3DS and then you can transfer them :)

They don't support them because there were transfer methods up to Gen 5 as is

But you can't have the same NNID on both a 2DS and n3DSXL right?

And as Pokemon Bank is tied to your NNID, doesn't that make this solution impossible without doing a system transfer?

But you can't have the same NNID on both a 2DS and n3DSXL right?

And as Pokemon Bank is tied to your NNID, doesn't that make this solution impossible without doing a system transfer?

That's correct. Just put the retail Sun into the 2DS and you can move Pokémon to the game from Bank. It's simple :) You don't have to load Sun on the 2DS and it doesn't mess with any time based events

That's correct. Just put the retail Sun into the 2DS and you can move Pokémon to the game from Bank. It's simple :) You don't have to load Sun on the 2DS and it doesn't mess with any time based events

Ok, I'm clearly going mad here :hmm:

Are you suggesting I should just play Sun on the far inferior 2DS?

Or are the Pokemon transferred to the game cartridge? So that I can place it in my n3DSXL and continue?

Or are the Pokemon transferred to the game cartridge? So that I can place it in my n3DSXL and continue?

They're transferred to the cartridge

Think of Bank as having 100 additional Boxes that are online and can only be accessed through Bank. You can upload them from one game, and then download them to another which can then be played on any console

Use the 2DS to transfer Pokemon from Bank to Sun.

Then you're free to play Sun on any console you like.

I believe that's what Serebii's trying to say.