NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Is there anyway to rename Pokemon you've got from an in-game trade.

Can't believe they're still making you stick with the stupid nickname.

I HATE pokemon being called anything other than its name so want to get that changed ASAP!

Is there anyway to rename Pokemon you've got from an in-game trade.

Can't believe they're still making you stick with the stupid nickname.

I HATE pokemon being called anything other than its name so want to get that changed ASAP!

Don't ever look at my Pokemon then, you might throw a fit.

There's no way to change the name, but you can just breed it and use that one.

Just swept a certain someone in the Battle Tree with Aloan Raichu.

Checkout the video: 2EHG-WWWW-WWW3-6FMU.

Also managed to win one of the big fights at the Battle Tree. Yes, finally completed the Singles mode after some adjustments to my team by adding in "Pikabu" the Mimikyu.

PQRG-WWWW-WWW3-6G9W

Also managed to win one of the big fights at the Battle Tree. Yes, finally completed the Singles mode after some adjustments to my team by adding in "Pikabu" the Mimikyu.

PQRG-WWWW-WWW3-6G9W

Congratulations! Now do Super Singles!

Considering how much tougher the first 20 fights are, I don't know why they bothered to even distinguish the two.

I knew I forgot to upload my video of me utterly destroying Red without him landing a hit on me... Oh well, I suppose I'll do it next weekend.

BTW, forgot to mention this, but...

mqdefault.jpg

Look familiar?

So given Anabel's little back story and the whole "OR/AS is in an alternate dimension from Ruby/Sapphire" thing. Who wants to bet that she's the same person from Emerald's Battle Frontier?

I mean, she can't be from Omega Ruby, the Battle Frontier doesn't exist there (Much to my annoyance).

Although, it does show how incredibly nerdy I am, I saw her name and thought, "Hang on, haven't I seen her somewhere before?"

I was gonna put it down to just a little cameo, that is until I fought her in the Battle Tree, and she has Battle music ripped straight from the GBA game!

Very interesting stuff, now bring Battle Frontier back, Anabel, only you can save us from post-game mediocrity!

EDIT: Oh, and in case you're wondering, she battered me. I was not ready for her Latios Mega Evolving!

She was already really hard to beat in Emerald and now her team is even better! I'd scout her in a heartbeat if I pull off the win.

Edited by Glen-i

Just hatched a shiny Growlithe! Unfortunately not sure it's usable. :(

For the record, this is why I don't shiny hunt.

It sucks, but on the plus side, if you look at it's model on the Pokedex and then back out, the picture shown on the top screen will change to that.

This also works with Kantonian Pokemon, Mega Evolutions, and the different forms. These even have completely new Pokedex entries!

Which means that one guy who said Megas don't count as seperate Pokemon because they didn't have their own Dex entries now has to eat Murkrow Pie.

(That might have been someone on GAF, it was quite a long time ago)

For the record, this is why I don't shiny hunt.

It sucks, but on the plus side, if you look at it's model on the Pokedex and then back out, the picture shown on the top screen will change to that.

This also works with Kantonian Pokemon, Mega Evolutions, and the different forms. These even have completely new Pokedex entries!

Which means that one guy who said Megas don't count as seperate Pokemon because they didn't have their own Dex entries now has to eat Murkrow Pie.

(That might have been someone on GAF, it was quite a long time ago)

On that note...

Don't ever look at my Pokemon then, you might throw a fit.

There's no way to change the name, but you can just breed it and use that one.

Ridiculous. Thanks for the heads up anyway.

Well, 45 hours in and I've got pretty much all I want to get out of this game. I'm not particularly fussed about the Battle Tree - my aim has always been to get a full Pokédex and now I've got all of the Gen VII Pokémon, ready to be uploaded to Bank, all except Silvally, that is. I'm just going to have to keep checking the GTS for that one (or another Type: Null).

All in all, another excellent Pokémon game, with some great new features!

So, now that I'm working on getting some competitive versions of Pokemon I like, I looked up Midnight Lycanroc.

fc0e1498d55bd7a9515366b4d2cd39bd.gif

Wow, this thing got totally shafted by the Midday version, huh?

Sorry, Midday form took the Priority Rock move, despite already taking the very high speed stat, I'm afraid all we have left is a slight increase to your defenses and Counter.

Bloody Counter!

No-one who isn't Wobbuffet uses Counter! The slight increase to Defense and Sp. Defense is not enough to save it. It's hilariously frail.

The thing is worthless!

Still breeding one

So, now that I'm working on getting some competitive versions of Pokemon I like, I looked up Midnight Lycanroc.

fc0e1498d55bd7a9515366b4d2cd39bd.gif

Wow, this thing got totally shafted by the Midday version, huh?

Sorry, Midday form took the Priority Rock move, despite already taking the very high speed stat, I'm afraid all we have left is a slight increase to your defenses and Counter.

Bloody Counter!

No-one who isn't Wobbuffet uses Counter! The slight increase to Defense and Sp. Defense is not enough to save it. It's hilariously frail.

The thing is worthless!

Still breeding one

I dunno, its Hidden Ability with Rock Slide etc. can be mean

Yeah, No Guard is probably the best ability for Midnight Lycanroc. The strongest Rock moves, Rock Slide and Stone Edge, already have accuracy problems. Rock Slide's got the better of the two but it's nowhere near 100 and in this case it's probably the only time I would consider the less accurate of the two moves the better one. Because if a move's going to miss then having more base power can always help. At the same time, I can see why people would prefer Rock Slide to Stone Edge.

A No Guard Lycanroc would pack a pretty mean Stone Edge though especially considering it's high base Attack, probably better off doing that instead of Rock Slide unless you want to use it for Doubles since Rock Slide hit's both opponents.

A No Guard Lycanroc would pack a pretty mean Stone Edge though especially considering it's high base Attack, probably better off doing that instead of Rock Slide unless you want to use it for Doubles since Rock Slide hit's both opponents.

No Guard is not saving this thing.

It's horrendously slow, has terrible defenses and Stone Edge is the only thing that really benefits from that ability.

Machamp does it better. Get a Machamp.

I'm currently trying to level up my pokemon as i have just completed the 4th island. My team is currently sat around level 60, what level should i be aiming for before starting the final trial?

Is there anywhere is the game where I can get a Rocky Helmet?

I'm currently trying to level up my pokemon as i have just completed the 4th island. My team is currently sat around level 60, what level should i be aiming for before starting the final trial?

Is there anywhere is the game where I can get a Rocky Helmet?

Level 60 is perfectly fine. You should be able to beat the game if your team is Level 60 because the highest level Pokemon you have to face in the main story is Level 58.

Rocky Helmet is not until post game, you have to pay BP for it.

Just got a level 100 Magearna with 5 perfect IVs and a golden bottle cap from Wondertrade. Hope you enjoy your Litten with garbage IVs, however you are.

Just got a level 100 Magearna with 5 perfect IVs and a golden bottle cap from Wondertrade. Hope you enjoy your Litten with garbage IVs, however you are.

Yeeeeaaahhh. I don't believe that's legit one bit. No-one gives that kind of stuff away through Wonder Trade.

I don't use Wonder Trade because I don't trust anyone online.

Yeeeeaaahhh. I don't believe that's legit one bit. No-one gives that kind of stuff away through Wonder Trade.

I don't use Wonder Trade because I don't trust anyone online.

Yeah, I agree.

I use it to trade off breeding rejects, sometimes you get some good stuff you can use for breeding your own or Pokemon from other region games.

Edit: Just got a HA Mareanie with decent IVs, just saved me a load of time. No idea how people got one with its HA in the first place.

Edited by Ike

PQRG-WWWW-WWW3-6G9W

Got around to watching this. Wow, that Lapras really caught you off guard, but you pulled it back nicely. Who knew Z-Sleep Talk could be so dangerous?

I also approve of the name you gave your Metagross.

Anyway, here's the code for my match against Red. It's not as interesting, but it shows that Red's team isn't all that great.

C87G-WWWW-WWW3-EKTW

I just beat Blue in Double Battles, and it was a much more interesting fight.

DDWW-WWWW-WWW3-EKZ2

And just for kicks, a battle between @Ugh first aid and I using our playthrough teams.

E6JW-WWWW-WWW3-EKUE

Aegislash doesn't need perfect speed IVs does it, it's slow anyway? Got one with perfect IVs in everything but speed. I mean I could always bottle cap it..?

Edit: Super Singles vs. Guzma KLFG-WWWW-WWW3-HNAR. Nothing really exciting though.

Edited by Ike

One thing that is beginning to really wind me up with this game is encountering a wild Pokemon when moving from route to route, 'running' from it and not being able to get away. Then best of all as soon as it attacks it then 'calls for help' where 99% of the time a second Pokemon comes down that also needs defeating.

It is just a total pain in the arse and biggest waste of time going.

That aside, I guess I am enjoying it but I am definitely in the minority of people (I think) who wants the old 8 gym leaders back.

Just don't find the game as immersive or as enjoyable with this new set up.

In other news does anyone have a Pikachu they can trade me? Not that I have much goodness to trade back... But you'd be helping a guy out :P.

Thanks in advance.

One thing that is beginning to really wind me up with this game is encountering a wild Pokemon when moving from route to route, 'running' from it and not being able to get away. Then best of all as soon as it attacks it then 'calls for help' where 99% of the time a second Pokemon comes down that also needs defeating.

It is just a total pain in the arse and biggest waste of time going.

That aside, I guess I am enjoying it but I am definitely in the minority of people (I think) who wants the old 8 gym leaders back.

Just don't find the game as immersive or as enjoyable with this new set up.

In other news does anyone have a Pikachu they can trade me? Not that I have much goodness to trade back... But you'd be helping a guy out :P.

Thanks in advance.

Yeah, the trials do just feel like el cheapo Gyms to me. You're not alone.

SOS Battles are incredibly infuriating when you're just trying to do a playthrough, but for getting competitive Pokemon, they're really useful.

I don't have a Pikachu at the mo. But I can get one for you by tomorrow. As long as you don't mind any old nature.

Aegislash doesn't need perfect speed IVs does it, it's slow anyway? Got one with perfect IVs in everything but speed. I mean I could always bottle cap it..?

Edit: Super Singles vs. Guzma KLFG-WWWW-WWW3-HNAR. Nothing really exciting though.

Actually, Aegislash works best if it goes last. So less Speed is more beneficial. The thing's all about taking hits, switching form to deal crazy damage, then using King's Shield to go defensive immediately on the next turn to avoid heavy damage.

Yeah, the trials do just feel like el cheapo Gyms to me. You're not alone.

SOS Battles are incredibly infuriating when you're just trying to do a playthrough, but for getting competitive Pokemon, they're really useful.

I don't have a Pikachu at the mo. But I can get one for you by tomorrow. As long as you don't mind any old nature.

Glad I'm not on my own! And no any old nature does me I'm really not fussed! Just want me an Alolan Raichu tbh!

Also if you wouldn't mind me trading my 'Bouncee' ... :nono: so you could change the name of it to what it bloody well should be (Steenee), then that'd be amazing! Damn nicknames.