NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

I'm sure it's post game with Looker who will give you a mission and beast balls to catch them in wild. Haven't reach that far yet.

IMG_20161213_220100.jpg

Timid Snow Warning with Moonblast and Freeze-dry. Only took a few hours as well. I'll try and breed some more decent ones if anyone wants one.

Also got this from Wonder Trade:

IMG_20161213_220735.jpg

I will take it (Again, will breed if anyone wants one).

What's the best way to get good IVs?

Is it still a case of getting a hold of Dittos with 4/5/6 perfect IVs and then breeding until the ones you want are passed on to the hatched Pokemon?

How do you get the Hidden Abilities, is that to do with chaining Pokemon with the SOS mechanic?

What's the best way to get good IVs?

Is it still a case of getting a hold of Dittos with 4/5/6 perfect IVs and then breeding until the ones you want are passed on to the hatched Pokemon?

How do you get the Hidden Abilities, is that to do with chaining Pokemon with the SOS mechanic?

Once you reach a chain of 30 - 40 in an SOS battle then your guaranteed at least 4 perfect IVs on Pokemon you encounter.

You can chain Ditto so you can get some really good ones. If you can chain a Pokemon you want to breed then you can easily get 2 parents with good IVs to pass down.

If you let a parent Pokemon hold the Destiny Knot item then 5 IVs are selected randomly from both parents to be passed down to the child so the more perfect (or wanted) IVs your parents have the better chance of it being passed down. There's still quite a bit of RNG involved though.

SOS battles can also have a chance of encountering a Pokemon with its hidden ability, according to @Glen\-i you need at least a chain of 15.

Male Pokemon can pass their HA if they are bred with a Ditto, otherwise the HA can only be passed down by the female.

Pangaroo is a good Pokemon to use in SOS battles, it has Mold Breaker which lets it hit ghost types. Entertainment which you can use to check a Pokemon's ability and can learn False Swipe.

It's really easy to bred good Pokemon in these games.

This guy looks epic, where did you catch him?

Appears after you see the credits, It's exclusive to Pokemon Sun.

There are only 2 in the wild.

And before anyone asks, I already promised my second one to @Ugh first aid.

You'll have to find another Sunny dude.

Offer a Pheromosa, it's the Moon equivalent.

Bit odd that there are only 2 Buzzwole when in Moon you can catch 4 Pheromosa...

Ah but

In Sun you catch 4 Kartana while in Moon you catch 2 Celesteela

So I've got all the Land Spirit Pokemon with good natures and IV's. Whose idea was it to give Tapu Fini Aqua Ring? Utterly infuriating. I could just hear Game Freak laughing at me!

With that done, I'm moving on to the rest of the Ultra Beasts, should be fun. Thank god for synchronise.

I was planning on getting a Type:Null next, but I have no clue what I want from it. It's like an Arceus with none of the moveset! Thing is really just a bit crap, and until I figure out what to do with it, I'll skip it for now.

How do you know which natures are good or not? Does it make much difference other than in the top competitive scene where everyone has the best 'Mon?

How do you know which natures are good or not? Does it make much difference other than in the top competitive scene where everyone has the best 'Mon?

Most of the time, you'll want to have it boost the Pokémon's most dominant stat, but it varies depending on how you want to run it.

It does make a bit of a difference but it's not a huge one

So I'm carrying on with the Ultra Beasts and I'm on the 4th one now. I have to catch 4 of these things!? Bloody hell...

That said, it's a Sun exclusive one. So seeing as I'll have two spare. Are there any Mooners (Couldn't resist) here that wants it?

I don't even want anything good for it, just feel like being nice. First come, first served.

If you want a specific nature, just let me know.

It's called Kartana, and it has all the Attack you could ever want. So probably don't go asking for Modest. I would go Adamant or Jolly, depending on if you want more Attack or Speed.

So I'm carrying on with the Ultra Beasts and I'm on the 4th one now. I have to catch 4 of these things!? Bloody hell...

They have really high catch rates don't they, they shouldn't be too hard to catch?

They have really high catch rates don't they, they shouldn't be too hard to catch?

You're right, but it's more the fact that I can't help but catch ones with good natures. I guess it's more my fault, but still.

Pokémon was the big winner in November.

“Pokémon Sun and Pokémon: Moon had the strongest launch in the history of the franchise, selling 8 percent more units than the previous best-selling combo of Pokémon: White and Pokémon: Black despite having 19 fewer days in market during the month,” said Naji.

After Pokémon Go hit mobile in the summer and reenergized that fan base, many dormant Poképlayers went out and bought 3DS handhelds specifically to purchase Sun and Moon. Nintendo even confirmed that it was its fastest-selling game ever in the franchise’s near 20-year history, and now the NPD is illustrating just how huge a spike Pikachu is seeing.

http://venturebeat.com/2016/12/15/no...chise-history/

Incredible sales. 19 fewer days in the market yet still beat Black & White.

“Nintendo 3DS experienced its highest monthly physical software spending in the history of the platform,” said Naji. “They were 1 percent higher than the previous high in December 2014.”

The Pokemon fad is never ending. Priority for Pokémon stars next November I think.

Pokemon Go did nothing though!!! :)

Pokemon next year for Switch could be exactly what it needs.

Pokemon fans, are they the type to double dip, get this version if it's spruced up and a few new features?

Pokemon fans, are they the type to double dip, get this version if it's spruced up and a few new features?

They will probably Lap(ras) another version up. I imagine a lot of Pokemon fans buy the two versions of what is essentially the same game just for a few different Pokemon. A 3rd version with all the bells and whistles will easily appeal to them.

I really need to get back to playing this. I only put in a few hours and then put it to one side.

I would expect there are quite a few people like me, who aren't going to buy a 3DS just for one game, but might buy the Stars version if they had the Switch anyway.

They will probably Lap(ras) another version up. I imagine a lot of Pokemon fans buy the two versions of what is essentially the same game just for a few different Pokemon. A 3rd version with all the bells and whistles will easily appeal to them.

I really need to get back to playing this. I only put in a few hours and then put it to one side.

Enhanced versions typically do around half of what the initial ones did though, even if there are two enhanced versions (i.e. Black 2 & White 2)

Enhanced versions typically do around half of what the initial ones did though, even if there are two enhanced versions (i.e. Black 2 & White 2)

Considering how well Sun and Moon has sold, I think half of those sales is more than acceptable. You'd also have people who have wanted a console Pokemon game picking up the Switch version.

Currently sitting at about 84% Pokedex completion. Thanks to GTS I was able to secure a Gible, a Feebas and a Goomy, so that saves ages of that tracking down. Also got an Alolan Vulpix off Wonder Trade. Still need a Castform, Dratini and Vanillite among the rare encounters while several Sun Exclusives I don't have yet like Turtonator, Rufflet and Cottonee but I can probably sort those out later.

Also have a plan to get both Solgaleo and Lunala in the same game, I've got Cosmoem and I plan to trade it to someone with Sun, possibly for another Cosmog/Cosmoem and then when they've evolved in their respective games, trade them back.

Also have a plan to get both Solgaleo and Lunala in the same game, I've got Cosmoem and I plan to trade it to someone with Sun, possibly for another Cosmog/Cosmoem and then when they've evolved in their respective games, trade them back.

Basically, what you're supposed to do?

If you need a Sunner to help you with that, I'll be happy to help.

I'm at 87% myself, just got the last Ultra Beast. Just need to get that last Legendary and evolve a bunch of Pokemon. Then I'll start getting some good Pokemon bred for competitive use. Starting with Marowak.

Started playing Sun last night and oh man that entire first island is one big, long tutorial!

Enjoying the game though, currently on the second island and my team is;

A-Marowak, Togedemaru, Eevee, Dewpider, Crabrawler, Trumbeak

Yes - I have dropped the starter. I chose Litten but i like the Fire/Ghost typing of A-Marowak.

I got Togedemaru via a wondertrader.

And Alolan Pokedex done! Wigglytuff was the last one I needed. Is that strange?

Overall, I'd say Sun/Moon would be my 3rd favourite Generation, after Heart Gold/Soul Silver and Black/White.

The post-game is still pretty pathetic. The UB side story is nice, but it's let down by the Battle Tree, which is even worse than the Battle Chateau because of the lack of Triple and Rotation formats. I hope Stars fixes that and adds some other facilities.

As for the new Pokemon themselves. Ehhhh... There's some pretty great ones, but it's more miss than hit. A lot like Gen 4, but at least Gen 4 had more Pokemon. I'd put the Pokemon designs as 2nd worst, it's an improvement from X/Y, but that's not saying much.

I can't shake the feeling that the original 150, (Well, the 130 or so that appear) get the spotlight in this game. I wouldn't mind so much, but it's a new generation, the new Pokemon should be the stars of the show.

Along with a whole bunch of typical '2 steps forward, 1 step back' nonsense, Stars has a lot to improve upon.

Oh, and for the love of Arceus, please give Inverse Battles a bloody chance, Game Freak! It's hilarious, absolutely destroying a Charizard with a Grass move. Make it an option in Multiplayer fights! It's not hard!

Anyway, time for me to start breeding some competitive Pokemon. Starting with Marowak, one of the few Alolan forms I actually like.

Edited by Glen-i

And Alolan Pokedex done! Wigglytuff was the last one I needed. Is that strange?

I'd argue that it was meant to be...

;)

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

Anyway, congratulations! :)

I'm about nine hours in and still on the first island...

Finished catching all the legendaries today and with that, I'm done with the game, though I'm only at 40-something % done with filling the Pokédex. I just can't be bothered finding all those critters that I'm not going to use anyway. One could argue that I still have to do the Battle Tree and that I might return to but for now, I think I need a break. Good game, though, really among the best Pokémon-games ever.