NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

I opted against the steel book. Never sits well on the shelf next to the other games :D.

Watch the normal version not turn up for me. :P

You get both a normal box and a steel book one.

I know the recent rumour is Pokémon Stars, but alas:

So, I've been looking through the unobtainable Pokémon in SM so that I know who I should be looking out for in my playthrough of both Y and AS in a few months time to complete my entire National Living Dex, and found a few intriguing things when tabling Pokémon unobtainable from each region. Obviously, going into this, I expected both Hoenn and Kalos introduced Pokémon to be largely missing from the games due to their ominous inclusion in Gen VI(what being the region of exploration and all). Anyway,these are my findings:

Region Missing/Total (including event-only Pokémon) Missing/Total (excluding event-only Pokémon)* % of total (excluding event-only)

Kanto** | 54/151 | 53/150 | 35.3%

Johto | 54/100 | 53/99 | 53.5%

Hoenn | 94/135 | 93/134* | 69.4%

Sinnoh | 67/107 | 62/102 | 60.8%

Unova | 89/156 | 86/153 | 56.2%

Kalos | 56/72 | 53/69 | 76.8%

*Deoxys no longer counted as event-only due to its inclusion in the Delta Episode of ORAS

**Alola Form Pokémon used as proxies for their alternate forms

What should be taken away from this?

Well, I mean, nothing really. As expected, Hoenn and Kalos introduced Pokémon have the largest portions of those introduced in that region missing. Kanto has a very, very low amount of Pokémon missing from its respective Dex, and Johto, Unova and Sinnoh are all almost equally apart. So, yes, of anything, I think that this could easily be misconstrued for use in an argument as to the possibility of Sinnoh remakes, especially when taken into account that out of the last three pairs of games, the Sinnoh starters took the longest to acquire, with Johto, Unova and Alola (obviously) starters being in SM - making the former two very unlikely for remakes - and Kanto, Hoenn and Kalos starters all being available very early into the Gen VI games.

You get both a normal box and a steel book one.

Yeah I've had them before, the steel box just always seems to get lashed somewhere by me. :grin:

It turned up anyway! :)

Just seen on Gaf that a game breaking glitch can occur if you save in a Pokemon Center. The character model fails to appear when the game loads up. Best bet would be to avoid saving in the Centers and just do it elsewhere until this has been patched.

Just seen on Gaf that a game breaking glitch can occur if you save in a Pokemon Center. The character model fails to appear when the game loads up. Best bet would be to avoid saving in the Centers and just do it elsewhere until this has been patched.

Also seen this; we had the same problem in a certain part of Lumiose in XY iirc. Also started seeing some posts citing the Battle Tree as another area with the same problem, so I'd advise avoiding saving in either of these locations until a patch is inevitably released.

Edited by Julius Caesar

Cheers for the heads up.

I can appreciate with such an ambitious project trying to cram it onto a 3DS with a developer that doesn't have a lot of experience with 3D games can lead to glitches like this, shame that it's the Pokemon Centre this time around where the glitch is occurring.

Argh! There was no-one home to accept the delivery of my steelbook edition, I went to the sorting office near closing only to be greeted by a sign that said they couldn't accept cards delivered today, I'm going in at half 7 tomorrow morning to get it.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

I know the recent rumour is Pokémon Stars, but alas:

Well, Sinnoh is next in order. No problem there. The problem doesn't occur until next gen with remakes of BW. Y'know, because of the sequels and the fact BW2 has huuuuuuuge postgame and game in general. Considering ORAS ditched Emerald stuff, and no third Kalos and intended extras, BW remake is going to be barebones with ZERO BW2 stuff. It's going to be very dissapointing.

Sales for the game at Gamestop are looking good.

From GAF.

Here are some of the takeaways from GameStop's earnings call, based on comments made by management:

Pokemon Sun and Moon are the best-performing games for GameStop all year; preorders for the game were the highest for any game at GameStop in five years.

I didn't get much time on this yesterday ( too knackered after work ) but did manage to capture a few Pokemon to get my team up and running. I started with Rowlett.

Is it just me or is the encounter rate pretty high in this? It seems like I can't walk more than a few steps before I end up in a random encounter.

I've brought my 3DS to work with me, so hopefully i'll get a bit of time on this during my lunch break.

This is going to be huge in the states.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/gamestop-sales-hurting-as-new-call-of-duty-underpe/1100-6445664/

Here are some of the takeaways from GameStop's earnings call, based on comments made by management:

Pokemon Sun and Moon are the best-performing games for GameStop all year; preorders for the game were the highest for any game at GameStop in five years.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare underperformed, though specifics were not shared

PS4 Pro is off to a "strong" start, while PSVR units are selling well, as they only stay on shelves for an average of 10 days.

27 percent of GameStop's PowerUp Rewards members who are aware of the Nintendo Switch plan to buy the console. This pre-launch purchase intent metric is in line with that of the Xbox One at a similar point in time. The figure could go higher after Nintendo's Switch news event in January.

Well, I'll be downloading it tomorrow. It's strange, I've never felt so indifferent to a brand new title in my favourite franchise. 6th gen as a whole really burned me. Thankfully, Super Mystery Dungeon was super brilliant and single-handedly redeemed it for me.

Speaking of, I better start soft resetting for a good Genesect on ORAS before I forget.

Edited by Glen-i

Was my post not good enough or something? :p

My bad still in sleep mode, didn't see it.

That Pokémon Go effect sure looks real.

Got my games, bonus Solgaleo and Lunala figurines for preordering, and a free poster and inflatable Poké Ball cause I was so early, too! Now to sit around for hours trying to figure out names... :heh:

It turns out to only be a problem if you use PKHeX, a cheat tool.

http://kotaku.com/pokemon-sun-and-moon-players-busted-after-bug-turns-out-1789283518

Down the sorting office at 7.30am to pick it up:

15078950_1387780177922426_1786003543093821934_n.jpg?oh=08e0945b5645e58874936887b61f783e&oe=58BFB649

As soon as I got home, opened it up along with the other parcel:

15094294_1387784021255375_4400963360127203116_n.jpg?oh=aec8f338278f293c47c0d67958962a21&oe=58D0D3F0

I only just had to stop to recharge my 3DS which is why I'm posting all this now, kinda ruins the impact but I've been hooked since I popped it into my 3DS.

15181588_1387869844580126_8326768506778637143_n.jpg?oh=9983e7d96e824b8f5f0d671484bab839&oe=58C8F88C

the levels are a little higher than the picture now.

The sad thing is, only Litten is guaranteed to stay in my party at this point, I hope to find a Ralts soon.

Got Moon today. Just made a start on the game, wasn't quite expecting the whole thing to be so cinematic early on...

Also already found a Gen I reference

Cx8tXigWQAIu7_r.jpg

Well, I'll be downloading it tomorrow. It's strange, I've never felt so indifferent to a brand new title in my favourite franchise. 6th gen as a whole really burned me. Thankfully, Super Mystery Dungeon was super brilliant and single-handedly redeemed it for me.

Speaking of, I better start soft resetting for a good Genesect on ORAS before I forget.

After all that drama of boycotting this gen... Not trying to be malicious, but it would be great if we gamers could stop and think and be a bit more level-headed when it comes to business moves or '[nostalgia]pandering'. It's not that deep.

Resetting over natures for my starter for the first time ever in a Pokemon game because I keep getting natures that reduce Rowlet's attack stat, and his moveset is physical. I'll be fine with one that does nothing to attack though.

This was the first time I did it:

Cx87RtQWgAEudok.jpg