NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

The floodgates are open and the game is available to any one with a hacked 3DS. Be wary of spoilers.

Wow, how does that happen?

Wow, how does that happen?

When it comes to Game Freak, anything's possible. Except decent 3D.

I imagine it's something to do with the pre-loading thing.

Be wary of Youtube recommendations on Pokemon videos, some people have been putting Sun/Moon Spoilers in the thumbnails. (Unsurprisingly it seems that Verlisify is one of them).

Avoid...

• the Youtube home page
  • Looking at random comments on Twitter and Facebook in reply to the official Pokemon account or any Youtubers who do Pokemon videos
  • The Youtube comments section on Pokemon videos
  • Anything that is likely to subcontiously give away any major plot details.

Only two weeks to go, plus the amount of time it takes to finish the game.

Be wary of Youtube recommendations on Pokemon videos, some people have been putting Sun/Moon Spoilers in the thumbnails. (Unsurprisingly it seems that Verlisify is one of them).

Avoid...

• the Youtube home page
  • Looking at random comments on Twitter and Facebook in reply to the official Pokemon account or any Youtubers who do Pokemon videos
  • The Youtube comments section on Pokemon videos
  • Anything that is likely to subcontiously give away any major plot details.

Only two weeks to go, plus the amount of time it takes to finish the game.

I essentially just got stung by this (YT homepage), but averted my eyes pretty quickly so can't be sure exactly what I saw. Vaguely though.

When it comes to Game Freak, anything's possible. Except decent 3D.

I imagine it's something to do with the pre-loading thing.

Not likely, unless they somehow found the encryption key. More likely someone got hold of a retail copy (from an early shipment or something) and dumped it.

Yeah, I've seen glimpses of things here and there, like an in-game screenshot of a Decidueye that was meant to showcase it's stats although all I saw was three moves, along with a random complaint on another forum about some of the changes made for competitive battling this season which apparently they saw fit to post without the requirement of spoilers. So that's unfortunate.

There were also suggestions in the Youtube comments that the whole Rowlet line isn't actually fast at all and that Dartrix is slower than a Quilladin. Also a video title from Verlisify claimed that Silvally has Arceus level stats. You know when you've got bad browsing habits when you allow yourself to discover these kind of things and that sort of thing makes me wonder if Silvally is going to be really cheap to have on an in-game tea or if it's even going to be available prior to the game being completed because I was planning on using it on my team.

EDIT: Though it wouldn't be the first time I had something spoiled for me by Youtube suggestions, the identity of the Champion for both B/W2 and X/Y were spoiled for me when I was simply trying to listen to the soundtrack from the games because some music tracks that I'd heard in game stood out to me.

Edited by GenericAperson

Just saw a really plain (and bad) bus advert for this (didn't have time to snap) and it featured the quote "the perfect follow up to Pokémon Go". You ride those coattails ;)

Never mind, I caught up with it.

[Tweet]796654516989005824[/tweet]

Edited by Ashley

Speaking of those buses... it's actually part of a competition Nintendo are doing:

(Side note: this place really needs to allow you to be able to embed Twitter posts, feels like you have everything but that here)

You... Saw that I just did right?

[Noparse][tweet]796654516989005824[/tweet][/noparse]

You... Saw that I just did right?

[Noparse][tweet]796654516989005824[/tweet][/noparse]

No >.>

[Tweet]796354308795146240[/tweet]

Ha I did realise afterwards I had edited that post so there was a chance you didn't.

I did spot the Vulpix one when in the bank. They're really banking on the gen 1. @Glen\-i will be raging.

Ha I did realise afterwards I had edited that post so there was a chance you didn't.

I did spot the Vulpix one when in the bank. They're really banking on the gen 1. @Glen\-i will be raging.

Literally saw the Marowak one on the way to @Dcubed's! I instantly wanted to go on here to voice my disdain.

But then, I stopped. And I had a conversation with my Inner Monologue.

"Now come on, Glen. Be reasonable, they should advertise the new stuff, right? I bet there's some buses that show the new starters or something like that"

"Why thank you, Inner Monologue. That makes a lot of sense. I was ready to go on N-Europe and look even more like a div than I already do."

And then I noticed I got mentioned, so I went to this thread.

[Tweet]796354308795146240[/tweet]

giphy.gif

You know what? Screw Inner Monologue. That guy knows jack! I'm going full on div!

ARE THEY FUCKING SERIOUS!?

It's official. I, a massive Pokenerd, am no longer the target audience for a Pokemon game!

That's ridiculous. That is completely non-sensical and yet, it's completely true.

That review quote really does say it all, doesn't it? It's like they're trying to not sell me the game.

Right, before I was planning on using nothing but Gen 7 Pokemon in this playthrough, maybe use Alolan Marowak if it took my fancy. But now.

Nothing but Gen 2-6 in this playthrough. I am taking a stand for the forgotten Pokemon, and no, that doesn't include that disgusting excuse for a Greninja. And if that means that I have to wait until Pokemon Bank gets updated because they don't show up in this game, (And at this point, I wouldn't put it past them) so be it.

I'm also retiring the Charizard I use in my team until this pandering stops.

Fuck Marowak. Fuck Charizard. Fuck your stupid Pallet swaps. Fuck Pokemon fucking Go and every single one of you who played it.

This is all your fault and I hate you all!

rhonj-milania-stormsout.gif

I swear, if they pull another "Battle Frontier tease" and only have the Battle Tree in the post-game, there will be hell to pay!

Ummm no you're not their target audience. You're their guaranteed audience. Why would they spend money trying to get you to buy a game you're guaranteed to buy? They want others and like it or not, Go has been their most socially popular product for years and they need that buzz. They're trading in nostalgia, but they can do that because they have a strong core base they know will support them.

Want to express your disappointment? Don't buy the game.

Want to express your disappointment? Don't buy the game.

It's very tempting at this point. I'm genuinely considering it, I've never done that before.

Literally saw the Marowak one on the way to @Dcubed's! I instantly wanted to go on here to voice my disdain.

But then, I stopped. And I had a conversation with my Inner Monologue.

"Now come on, Glen. Be reasonable, they should advertise the new stuff, right? I bet there's some buses that show the new starters or something like that"

"Why thank you, Inner Monologue. That makes a lot of sense. I was ready to go on N-Europe and look even more like a div than I already do."

And then I noticed I got mentioned, so I went to this thread.

giphy.gif

You know what? Screw Inner Monologue. That guy knows jack! I'm going full on div!

ARE THEY FUCKING SERIOUS!?

It's official. I, a massive Pokenerd, am no longer the target audience for a Pokemon game!

That's ridiculous. That is completely non-sensical and yet, it's completely true.

That review quote really does say it all, doesn't it? It's like they're trying to not sell me the game.

Right, before I was planning on using nothing but Gen 7 Pokemon in this playthrough, maybe use Alolan Marowak if it took my fancy. But now.

Nothing but Gen 2-6 in this playthrough. I am taking a stand for the forgotten Pokemon, and no, that doesn't include that disgusting excuse for a Greninja. And if that means that I have to wait until Pokemon Bank gets updated because they don't show up in this game, (And at this point, I wouldn't put it past them) so be it.

I'm also retiring the Charizard I use in my team until this pandering stops.

Fuck Marowak. Fuck Charizard. Fuck your stupid Pallet swaps. Fuck Pokemon fucking Go and every single one of you who played it.

This is all your fault and I hate you all!

rhonj-milania-stormsout.gif

I swear, if they pull another "Battle Frontier tease" and only have the Battle Tree in the post-game, there will be hell to pay!

Good god. Calm down. You're over-reacting like crazy

Good god. Calm down. You're over-reacting like crazy

Hey, I'm entitled to rant. Sure, it might not matter one bit and it won't make a damn bit of difference, but let me vent.

More and more, I feel like I'm on the outside looking in when it comes to Pokemon, and considering it's my favourite series, it's not a particularly good feeling.

I just thought it might have moved on from this constant chasing of the people who jumped ship after the first game, but Go pretty much stopped that hope dead.

Pokemon is more than just some game that came out in the nineties, but these days, it's starting to feel like I'm the only one who realises that.

Don't you think the Pokémon and direction of the game was created before Pokémon Go was even a thing? And now they are just advertising using Pokémon Go as a lever, which makes perfect sense.

Remember that there are only a handful of Alolan Pokémon and they might release more from gen 2-6 later on.

Hey, I'm entitled to rant. Sure, it might not matter one bit and it won't make a damn bit of difference, but let me vent.

More and more, I feel like I'm on the outside looking in when it comes to Pokemon, and considering it's my favourite series, it's not a particularly good feeling.

I just thought it might have moved on from this constant chasing of the people who jumped ship after the first game, but Go pretty much stopped that hope dead.

Pokemon is more than just some game that came out in the nineties, but these days, it's starting to feel like I'm the only one who realises that.

A series that focuses only on its existing userbase is one that dies. Them reaching out to get new people isn't a bad thing

A series that focuses only on its existing userbase is one that dies. Them reaching out to get new people isn't a bad thing

I could argue that reaching out by focusing on the first entry could be just as bad. It feels a lot like regression.

Don't you think the Pokémon and direction of the game was created before Pokémon Go was even a thing? And now they are just advertising using Pokémon Go as a lever, which makes perfect sense.

Remember that there are only a handful of Alolan Pokémon and they might release more from gen 2-6 later on.

Oh yeah, It was something that annoyed me about X/Y. It's been a thing before Go. Go just exasperated it.

I was just hoping that they were past it. But I guess I was stupid for thinking that.

Thing is, Pokemon is a series in a position where they could hype the game up to ridiculous levels, reveal as much as they want, have the contents of the entire game leaked online a week or two before the games are supposed to come out and the games would STILL sell by the bucketloads.

I get the feeling the backlash against the idea of introducing an entirely new set of 150 Pokemon for Black/White and having them be the only ones available has influenced their current direction, as partly evidenced by their re-introduction into the main storyline in B2/W2 but mainly from Gen VI onwards where a lot of decisions have been made based on the popularity of particular Pokemon.

Ultimately I think the main reason why all the Alolan forms are Gen I only is because Pokemon from the original 151 have more mainstream recognition than any that came after it. The likes of Pikachu, Charizard, Jigglypuff, Meowth, Slowpoke, Magikarp, Snorlax and Mewtwo are generally more well known that someone like Garchomp, Lucario, Haxorus or Talonflame who may be infamous in the competitive scene due to how good these Pokemon are or have been but don't have the same mass appeal that some of the Gen I designs. Plus there's the "genwunner attitude" where fans believe nothing will be as good as the original games and they have probably been trying to appeal to those kind of people too.

Kanto Pokémon are the only ones dull and boring enough to NEED Mega Evolutions and Alola Forms :p

They also aren't focusing on them either. Focusing would be a game with nothing but them.