NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Can't see much that it could learn to counter Ice types. Most Flying types don't get many moves to counter their Ice weaknesses anyway, the only one I know of is Staraptor with Close Combat.

Catching a Rockruff, Minior, Crabrawler or a Stufful might be the best way to protect it. Rockruff counters many of Rowlet's weaknesses (Fire, Flying, Ice) while if it gets a Ground type move like Dig or Earthquake (please be able to learn Earthquake) it can also counter Electric and Rock.

If Rowlet/Dartrix/whatever the last guy is called can learn Rock Smash I suppose you could upgrade it to All-Out Pummeling as a way of dealing with Fighting types but that's about it for individual coverage against Ice moves. So yeah, I guess the hope is that the hidden ability is Thick Fat but the Starter's hidden abilities tend to be aligned with their final evolution's themes.

Man, so many weaknesses... Starting to have doubts, especially when a flying type gains a flying weakness lol. It has to have a great ability to stand a competitive chance... Those Brave Bird KOs.

This is how I feel about the game after playing the demo. Everything you said about the camera, look and that same old feeling echoes my thoughts exactly. I also didn't care for much of the dialogue. The whole "We've just met but let's be super friends!" thing annoys the hell out of me. They really do pander to the kiddie market.

Still, I hope those looking forward to the game enjoy it.

Yeah I get the feeling. Upon playing the demo it felt as if X/Y wasn't released too long ago... Very familiar. I think if it got the boost to being fully 3D it would have felt a bit different.

But I typically breeze through the NPC text and have little concern for the story as I know it will be something a 7 year old will be engrossed by. Im only in it for the battling really. And I think thats where most of the sprucing up has ocurred... Really looking forward to the FFA and playing it online. :yay:

In fact I would say the demo really isn't a good one.

Never mind, I forgot that all Bird Pokemon can counter their Ice weaknesses if they know Steel Wing. Since Steel is good against Ice.

I remember teaching my Serperior in White 2 Iron Tail as a way for it to counter Ice types for a similar reason.

Demo looks lovely with the exception of the clouds which... really stand out against everything else. I agree the camera hurts the presentation a bit - let me admire this pretty new world, guys! I'm also really not feeling any of the music or most of the new Pokémon compared to the Kalos designs, but there's more than enough cool stuff here to interest me.

Never mind, I forgot that all Bird Pokemon can counter their Ice weaknesses if they know Steel Wing. Since Steel is good against Ice.

I remember teaching my Serperior in White 2 Iron Tail as a way for it to counter Ice types for a similar reason.

Most flying types can be tutored Heat Wave too, Find those steel moves to be unreliable.

Hated the camera angle in the demo, i miss the more top down view

If anything I thought it was too top down in some areas. I had to walk right up to things to buildings to see what they were.

So I finally got the first part of the demo done.

Why are all the fanfares so abrasive and crap? They're really bad!

And that Poke Center remix starts off good, but then gets awful halfway through!

Anyway, other than that, it's Pokemon. So it's all good.

Ash-Greninja only gets a measly 30%-ish boost to Attack and Special Attack? And it doubles Water Shuriken, but who honestly cares?

That's pathetic! Protean Greninja gets a 50% boost to non-STAB moves along with being able to switch it's typing. And it doesn't need to kill a Pokemon to do it.

My shiny Greninja has nothing to worry about.

@ReZourceman can take it. I cannot give it to him fast enough.

Back to blackout for me now!

Just downloaded and played the demo. My only comment is that Prof. Kukuri(?) is without a doubt the creepiest of all Pokémon Professors... seriously why model one on Gary Glitter and the make him shirtless?!? :confused:

I also finally got a chance to play the demo. First impressions are mixed, there are some likes and some dislikes!

For example, the way those team Skull guys are walking, seriously? A certain Monty Python sketch springs to mind, something about silly walks... Further I dislike the new Pokéball animation, the symbol showing over the ball after the third click. It is a bit dull that they show the effectiveness of moves, and the colours and camera styles are meh. So by the demo I am not that impressed.

I did like the new HUD on the touch screen during battle, and the Y hotkey for for example switch Pokémon or use Pokéball. Hope this carries over to the main game and will be customisable.

However, what makes me want to play the main game are the things that are not in the demo! Alolan forms, the island trials (I don't count that one in the demo since it feels a bit too lame), and the Ultra Beasts. So probably will wind up playing Moon. :D

This little snippet from the Investors Relation made my eyes roll more than a Spheal does.

You know? Spheal? It's one of the 500 or so Pokemon that don't exist because it wasn't 1996 and that's all TPC cares about?

Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon also contain elements tying them to the original Pokémon Red and Pokémon Green, such as the inclusion of firstgeneration Pokémon with different appearances, so these new titles should appeal strongly to fans of the first generation as well as successive entries

So apparently, X/Y wasn't shoving Gen 1 in my face. Could've fooled me.

Sun/Moon is gonna do it all over again, huh?

After Viridian Forest in everything but name showing up. I'm expecting the first cave to be Mt. Moon.

Edited by Glen-i

Damn, dat Chinese leak... How were they so accurate so early??

This little snippet from the Investors Relation made my eyes roll more than a Spheal does.

You know? Spheal? It's one of the 500 or so Pokemon that don't exist because it wasn't 1996 and that's all TPC cares about?

Ahh someone who 'knows'. I had a defensive Walrein with maxed HP, Ice Body and Hail... Got me through some tough battles.

So apparently, X/Y wasn't shoving Gen 1 in my face. Could've fooled me.

Sun/Moon is gonna do it all over again, huh?

After Viridian Forest in everything but name showing up. I'm expecting the first cave to be Mt. Moon.

The original Pokémon are the only ones boring enough to need Alolan Forms or Mega Evolution etc.

Plus, it's the 20th anniversary. Calm down :p

The original Pokémon are the only ones boring enough to need Alolan Forms or Mega Evolution etc.

Plus, it's the 20th anniversary. Calm down :p

I'll calm down when you admit Grumpig is awesome.

New information, final evolutions of starters, battle famous trainers! See trial Pokémon as well.

BELLEVUE, WA—October 27, 2016—The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo showcased new information for the latest games in the Pokémon franchise, Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, coming to North America on November 18 and available exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

The following new Pokémon have been revealed:

Decidueye

Type: Grass/Ghost

The Arrow Quill Pokémon Decidueye is the fully evolved form of the Grass- and Flying-type first-partner Pokémon Rowlet. Decidueye attacks with astonishing speed, plucking arrow quills from its wings to send them hurtling towards its target with precise aim. This Pokémon is able to move about whilst completely masking its presence from others. Decidueye is the only Pokémon that can learn the move Spirit Shackle. This new Ghost-type move hits an opponent and makes it unable to leave the battle—it can’t flee or switch out.

Incineroar

Type: Fire/Dark

The Heel Pokémon Incineroar is the fully evolved form of the Fire-type first-partner Pokémon Litten. As Incineroar’s fighting spirit increases, the flames it produces within its body burst from its navel and waistline. These flames resemble a championship belt, which it uses to unleash its moves. Incineroar is the only Pokémon able to learn the move Darkest Lariat. This new Dark-type physical attack allows Incineroar to deal damage to an enemy whilst ignoring the effects of any stat changes on that enemy.

Primarina

Type: Water/Fairy

The Soloist Pokémon Primarina is the fully evolved form of the Water-type first-partner Pokémon Popplio. As Primarina dances, it releases balloons of water and controls their movement using the sound waves from its voice. Primarina uses some of these balloons to jump on and maneuver in battle whilst others explode when touched, which can trigger chained explosions. Primarina is the only Pokémon that can learn Sparkling Aria, a new Water-type special move which heals the burns of any target it strikes.

Cosmog

Type: Psychic

The Nebula Pokémon Cosmog is extremely rare, known only to a select few across Alola. Named by the Aether Foundation, Cosmog is very curious, and its gaseous body is so lightweight that it’s sent flying when the wind blows. When light falls on the Pokémon, Cosmog can absorb it and grow bigger.

Alolan Persian

Type: Dark

Alolan Persian is highly intelligent and doesn’t like to grow attached to its Trainer, making it something of a difficult Pokémon to have as a battle partner. The round face of Alolan Persian is a symbol of the rich Alola region, and it is held to be a Pokémon of great beauty. Its exquisite coat shines with the glow of high quality and enchants both humans and Pokémon. For this reason, it is a very popular Pokémon in the Alola region.

Also unveiled were three Alola region guardian deities—Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini:

Tapu Lele

Type: Psychic/Fairy

Tapu Lele is the guardian deity of Akala island. This Pokémon scatters glowing scales that have physical effects on others—providing stimulation to their bodies and healing their illnesses or injuries. Tapu Lele has the Ability Psychic Surge, an Ability that no other Pokémon has previously had. With Psychic Surge, the field will be turned into Psychic Terrain, which boosts the power of any Psychic-type moves used by Pokémon on the ground and prevents them from being hit by priority moves.

Tapu Bulu

Type: Grass/Fairy

Tapu Bulu is the guardian deity of Ula’ula Island. This Pokémon has the power to manipulate vegetation and cause it to grow. It can use this power to make its wooden horns change shape and grow larger. Tapu Bulu has the Ability Grassy Surge, an Ability that no other Pokémon has previously had. With Grassy Surge, the field will be turned into Grassy Terrain, boosting the power of any Grass-type moves used by Pokémon on the ground and restoring a bit of HP to them each turn. It also halves the damage taken from the moves Earthquake, Magnitude and Bulldoze.

Tapu Fini

Type: Water/Fairy

Tapu Fini is the guardian deity of Poni Island. This Pokémon is able to attack by manipulating water. It does not like to risk being harmed during battle, so it creates a thick fog to disorient its opponents and lead them to their own destruction. Tapu Fini has the Ability Misty Surge, an Ability that no other Pokémon has previously had. With Misty Surge, the field will be turned into Misty Terrain, halving the damage taken by Pokémon on the ground from Dragon-type moves and preventing them from being afflicted with status conditions or confusion.

All of the guardian deities can use the special Z-Move Guardian of Alola. When using this Z-Move, the Pokémon closes its shell and a huge avatar appears from the ground to attack the opposing Pokémon, dealing damage equal to 75 percent of the target’s remaining HP.

In previous adventures in the Pokémon series, the Pokémon League was always the ultimate stage for battle. The Pokémon League housed the Elite Four (four Pokémon Trainers with powerful Pokémon partners) and the Champion (who reigned as the region’s top Trainer), all awaiting challengers. In the Alola region, there is no Pokémon League yet—but it seems that there are plans to construct one at the peak of a certain mountain. After your major achievement in completing the island challenge, will the day come when you also take on the Pokémon League to become the strongest Pokémon Trainer?

Somewhere in Alola, you’ll find the Battle Tree. It’s a place where Trainers who have completed their island challenge, or who are strong enough to have done so, battle one another. You can scout an opponent you’ve battled against so they can partner and fight alongside you in future battles. You may even see some familiar faces, including the Trainers Red and Blue from the Kanto region!

Edited by MindFreak

So they're basically bringing back the PWT from Black/White 2? Now that's cool. (Assuming that they include ALL of the Poke Leagues, not just one)

EDIT: Oh phew, Cynthia and Wally show up, there's some hope. Now we just need to add N with Zekrom/Reshiram. Even though I guarantee you won't be allowed to use legendaries yourself.

Also, the girl trainer now scares me a bit.

WE9jR9H.gif

She's enjoying every second of that!

Best thing about that move is that, apparently it always takes away 75% of the opponents HP.

What a waste of a Z-Move.

Edited by Glen-i

Never mind what I was saying about a 4x Ice weakness for Rowlet. It still has it but it's the final form that would get used competitively and while Grass/Ghost isn't a new type (Gourgeist and Trevenant) it's certainly a lot better than Grass/Flying as a type combo.

If it can learn Roost then it would have a free recovery move too. It also makes so much more sense why Rowlet's first level up move is Astonish if it's going to eventually become a Ghost type.

Kind of expected a signature move from Decidueye which involved it firing an arrow but didn't expect that move to be Ghost type and effectively be like Mean Look (though it probably is something that only works for a few turns). However, Game Freak missed a massive opportunity to call this thing Robinhoot. I'll wait and see what the name origin for it is though.

It's a shame these were leaked all the way back in June but it's still nice to see them in action and actually have names for them that aren't "Owl3", "Tiger3" and "Sealion3"

Wonder where they got the name "Decidueye" from anyway. I can't immediately see the relation to owls or archers off hand and the only thing that stands out is the "dueye" part.

Incineroar has grown on me, the others not so much. I might go with Decidueye in Moon and in Sun. Also glad Incineroar isn't Fire/Fighting. Primarina's signature doesn't sound useful in most situations (deffo has some uses, mind).

Best thing about that move is that, apparently it always takes away 75% of the opponents HP.

What a waste of a Z-Move.

Considering Snorlax's Z-Move straight up destroyed a Dragonite, these suck for being on Pokemon who are meant to be guardians.

Never pictured Red to look like that when he grew up :p

Noticed they didn't change Blue's outfit colour scheme. :p

Wasn't sure about the Inciniroar from the leaked pics, but I like the way he looks.

And....Fire/Dark. YES. Fucking' happy with that. At least it's not fighting.

Never pictured Red to look like that when he grew up :p

Noticed they didn't change Blue's outfit colour scheme. :p

Why would they change the colour scheme? He was rocking that look in Black/White 2.

Why would they change the colour scheme? He was rocking that look in Black/White 2.

His Japanese name is Green, and his outfit has green in it. It would have been a nice touch if they changed it to Blue to match his English name.