NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

CvDDAamWgAEzLdL.png

Six different Pikachus in hats? This is New Super Mario Bros all over again.

Le from:

Those are Ash's hat from each saga of the anime. Obviously going to be a distribution for the 20th anniversary of the anime in April

:)

Those are Ash's hat from each saga of the anime. Obviously going to be a distribution for the 20th anniversary of the anime in April
:)

"]

But are they counted as six different Pokémon?

TIL that Toucan and Woodpeckers are distant relatives in same order aka Piciformes. Maybe they will finally scrubbed everything in the next Pokemon Demo in the future LOL.

Edited a few posts to put things in spoiler tags. Currently working on the basis that the following need spoilers:

• New Pokémon
  • New Alola Pokémon
  • Pictures of evolutions of Alola Pokémon we already new about (i.e. we logically know there's going to be an Alola Persian because we were shown Meowth but put the actual image behind a tag
  • Details of moves - either new/changed moves or Pokémon moves if you're going in to a lot of detail (i.e. "that bird Pokémon has quick attack" is not a huge spoiler as its to be expected, but "this Pokémon learns these moves at these levels" is)
  • Plot (lol as if Pokémon has a plot :heh:)

It's a bit of a 'loose' definition but if in doubt, tag it out.

Would appreciate if people could try and follow.

Thanks!

@Serebii has probably already done it, but just on the 1% chance that he hasn't, here are the dates that you can trigger the additional events on by talking to certain people, assuming you're playing the demo on the day it came out.

Man outside Poke Center – 19th October

Woman on corner – 23rd October

Pikachu birthday – 30th October

Policeman – 6th November

Woman in ferry terminal – 12th November

Just finished playing through this whilst on the train this morning to work.

Loving the graphics, Team Skull, new pokes and the Z Move. I've now not felt this hyped for a pokemon game since Gold and Silver!

I had a go on the demo yesterday and have got to say I'm not feeling it at all. :hmm:

Really hate the look they've gone with for this version, especially the larger character designs. :nono:

The camera angle is often pretty bad too, I'm assuming it's set like this for technical reasons (this is Game Freak after all :heh:) but yeah, not liking that.

Then there's the fact that it just seems like I've seen and done it all before. :hmm: They've obviously added new stuff, but it still feels so formulaic to me. Was already getting bored a few minutes into the demo! :o

Anyway, I'm happy for those that are still digging it, but reckon I'll wait and see what NX brings (if anything :hehe:) to the Pokémon franchise before jumping back in.

Auto whenever you do anything of note

I assume that is just for the Demo? they wouldn't do that in the full version would they?

Would they?

The camera angle is often pretty bad too, I'm assuming it's set like this for technical reasons (this is Game Freak after all :heh:) but yeah, not liking that.

Hated the camera angle in the demo, i miss the more top down view

My only complaint is the camera as well, it's like Game Freak asked for lessons from the Sonic Team

I really enjoyed the demo. It actually feels pretty fresh to me, and the battles are visually appealing (certainly a little bit of an improvement since the last Pokémon game I've played). I'm quite liking the new Pokémon designs, too.

Yeah, especially when you consider that there are shoulder buttons that have no use in the overworld. We should be allowed to rotate the camera using those. I suppose it's one of those things though when a 2D studio goes 3D and doesn't quite pick up on everything it needs to do when jumping into the 3D space.

Generally prefer analogue stick camera control to shoulder buttons though as the latter can take a bit of getting used to, but if you have no second analogue stick (well, on the original 3DS anyway) then shoulder buttons are probably the next best thing.

Anyway, found extended versions of the Team Skull Encounter Theme, Battle Theme and Kukui's theme on Youtube.

I assume that is just for the Demo? they wouldn't do that in the full version would they?

Would they?

No.

Just the demo

Just wondering, how difficult is it to get hold of other starter Pokémon these days?

I have a massive difference in preference from the starting and final evolution of Litten/Rowlet.

Just wondering, how difficult is it to get hold of other starter Pokémon these days?

I have a massive difference in preference from the starting and final evolution of Litten/Rowlet.

Are you thinking in terms of starting with Litten, then when it fully evolves switching over to Rowlet? :D

I think it's easier to get starter Pokémon these days, especially with the Breeding Centre presumably being available and there being online trading, I'm sure people on here would be more than willing to help you out with the trade as well... in fact, at what point in the game will you be needing a Rowlet?

It's 100% likely that I'll be starting with Rowlet so depending on how early in the game the Breeding Centre is, I could breed it and trade you one? Though I'm guessing I'll also need a Ditto as well. :hmm:

We'll see anyway but I'll help if I can. :)

GTS is probably your best bet for getting the other starters, unless they do what they did in X/Y where you get given the starter of one of your rivals after you've beaten the game. So for instance if you picked Chespin, Shauna gives you a Froakie in your home town after you've become Champion as part of an in-game trade where she'll accept anything you have. Similarly, if you picked Froakie, she'd have Fennekin and if you picked Fennekin she'd have Chespin

I did that to get Froakie in Y and then used GTS to get a Fennekin. Then evolved both to their final forms to help fill up the Pokedex. It especially helped with the seen page because in X/Y you never get the first stage starter added to your Pokedex that's owned by Calem/Serena, by the time you have a tag team battle against Team Flare it's already Quilladin/Braixen/Frogadier.

The feature that let's you request Pokemon you haven't seen in your Pokedex in Gen 6 on GTS was Super useful and really helped me see every Pokemon in the Kalos dex. I imagine that will return for Sun/Moon so you can get access to the others.

I'm avoiding the datamining leaks like the plague but assuming that what the concept art leaked ages ago are the actual starter final evolutions. There's too much evidence for there not to be imo and if datamining has confirmed that (some people's reactions outside spoiler tags suggest so), cool, been really hoping that Rowlet's final evo as depicted in those leaks is real, might become one of my new favourite Pokemon.

Rowlet for winning - but do you think they will do anything to counter that glaring ice weakness? Thick Fat perhaps?

I had a go on the demo yesterday and have got to say I'm not feeling it at all. :hmm:

Really hate the look they've gone with for this version, especially the larger character designs. :nono:

Then there's the fact that it just seems like I've seen and done it all before. :hmm: They've obviously added new stuff, but it still feels so formulaic to me. Was already getting bored a few minutes into the demo! :o

Anyway, I'm happy for those that are still digging it, but reckon I'll wait and see what NX brings (if anything :hehe:) to the Pokémon franchise before jumping back in.

This is how I feel about the game after playing the demo. Everything you said about the camera, look and that same old feeling echoes my thoughts exactly. I also didn't care for much of the dialogue. The whole "We've just met but let's be super friends!" thing annoys the hell out of me. They really do pander to the kiddie market.

Still, I hope those looking forward to the game enjoy it.

Can't see much that it could learn to counter Ice types. Most Flying types don't get many moves to counter their Ice weaknesses anyway, the only one I know of is Staraptor with Close Combat.

Catching a Rockruff, Minior, Crabrawler or a Stufful might be the best way to protect it. Rockruff counters many of Rowlet's weaknesses (Fire, Flying, Ice) while if it gets a Ground type move like Dig or Earthquake (please be able to learn Earthquake) it can also counter Electric and Rock.

If Rowlet/Dartrix/whatever the last guy is called can learn Rock Smash I suppose you could upgrade it to All-Out Pummeling as a way of dealing with Fighting types but that's about it for individual coverage against Ice moves. So yeah, I guess the hope is that the hidden ability is Thick Fat but the Starter's hidden abilities tend to be aligned with their final evolution's themes.

EDIT: Never mind that last sentence, looks like that was just for the Kalos starters.

Edited by GenericAperson