NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

You're assuming that Bottle caps are infinite in supply.

I mean, they should be, but after I was expecting the Battle Frontier to come back in some way in OR/AS and being so disappointed, I'm remaining cautious.

I am. I'm assuming they be obtainable from that plaza thing with the mini games. I was planning on using them on the event Pokémon they've been giving out all year. Well, maybe.

If this Greninja is based on Ash's Greninja that I guess it'll have a moveset of Cut, Double Team, Aerial Ace and Water Shuriken. Either that or the standard type of moveset you would expect a Greninja to have at the levels after it's evolved.

Especially since Greninja doesn't get Double Team until Level 52 in X/Y unless they've changed that in Sun/Moon.

Currently making sure both of my 3DS units (One UK and one Japanese) are ready for the demo as soon as they're out, presuming the servers don't instantly crash.

If this Greninja is based on Ash's Greninja that I guess it'll have a moveset of Cut, Double Team, Aerial Ace and Water Shuriken.

Geez, with a moveset like that, no wonder it lost to a Charizard.

That's a woeful set of moves for a Greninja! There's not even a Dark move!

Water Shuriken sucks, Aerial Ace is eh, Greninja's too fragile to make proper use of Double Team and Cut... Cut!? Really!?

Not to mention Greninja works better as a Special attacker.

Yeah, you can definitely have a much better moveset than that, especially considering that Greninja's learnset has such a wide range of types, even with just level up moves but boosted even further with TMs. Personally, an all out attacking Greninja would have Scald, Ice Beam, Extrasensory and Dark Pulse if it was up to me.

On another note:

https://twitter.com/PokeLoot/status/787676699630694400

Geez, with a moveset like that, no wonder it lost to a Charizard.

That's a woeful set of moves for a Greninja! There's not even a Dark move!

Water Shuriken sucks, Aerial Ace is eh, Greninja's too fragile to make proper use of Double Team and Cut... Cut!? Really!?

Not to mention Greninja works better as a Special attacker.

They gave him a ninja themed moveset. Also Water Shuriken is good since it's high priority move. :pI like it anyway.

Plus the anime makes up its own logic anyway.

Hey, Cut and Aerial Ace are some of the most badass moves ever in the anime, as they should be given the sword techniques they were inspired by. The only problem there is that those moves are fairly lackluster in the games (especially Cut, lol)...

And Water Shuriken is obviously a must, being Greninja's signature move as well as letting Ash-Greninja use the insanely powerful giant shurikens.

I'll agree that Double Team hasn't seemed very useful, but I'm sure the split second of distraction it provides has been crucial in some battles. And it can look pretty cool, I guess.

I can't really imagine any better moveset for a Greninja in the anime.

Maybe its a protean Greninja :laughing:

It clearly has the Battle Bond ability though. :heh:

Edited by FireMeowth

I think it was the whole thing of Cut or Night Slash with Night Slash not really fitting with the whole hero motif

I don't know why they need specific moves to do that shit anyway. If you have a reasonably large water or flying type Pokemon in your team, you should be able to surf and fly. Why make it a separate move? Why make it a separate Pokemon that you carry around with you, buy can't battle with?

I don't know why they need specific moves to do that shit anyway. If you have a reasonably large water or flying type Pokemon in your team, you should be able to surf and fly. Why make it a separate move? Why make it a separate Pokemon that you carry around with you, buy can't battle with?

Well that's no longer a point of contention

No midnight release for the Japanese demo :( eShop is already slowing down so I can only imagine the fun in store when the demo is actually out

Yeah, depending on the demand we could see the Nintendo eShop crash tomorrow.

Regarding what I was saying about the demo likely only taking a day to complete... demos of games like these don't tend to offer a really large portion of the game (in this case it looks like an entirely seperate non-canon short story) and the ORAS demo could be knocked out in about 20 minutes if you speed run it, longer if you took your time to explore.

This is a bigger file size, but I'm presuming the new engine that they are running the overworld on may be a factor in that. Probably will still be a longer demo than ORAS though and contain enough battles to show off new Pokemon, Alola forms and Z-Moves.

Kind of hoping that Greninja does have a non-damaging move because I kind of want to give the AI a chance to attack me with some of the new Pokemon to show off what they can do. Because Greninja is so fast the chances are it will outspeed everything in the demo.

EDIT: It's also kind of ironic that they are giving us a demo that let's us use Ash-Greninja two days before the episode where Ash loses the Bond Phenomenon airs in Japan.

EDIT2: New demo screenshots

sm-demo1-250x300.jpg

sm-demo2-250x300.jpg

Edited by GenericAperson

I don't want to ruin it, but I do want Ash-Greninja.

HALP.

You can have mine when the full game lands.

You don't even have to give me anything in return. I just don't want it.

For what it's worth, if you haven't seen already, the press release said "late morning" which is super vague. I imagine they might roll it out across different countries at slightly different times.

Or just whenever they get back from their morning biscuit break.

Which reminds me, if Game Freak do fudge up and have everything ready to be datamined from the demo, keep it in spoilers please. I want some surprises!

Which reminds me, when Game Freak do fudge up and have everything ready to be datamined from the demo, keep it in spoilers please. I want some surprises!

FTFY. You're basically gonna have to switch off from the internet completely I'm afraid :p

FTFY. You're basically gonna have to switch off from the internet completely I'm afraid :p

Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. But I'd like to at least go on N-europe without having everything spoiled. Guess I'll just stay off of this topic.

Yes, please try and refrain from posting public spoilers. Instead talk about how rubbish Greninja is ;)

You can have mine when the full game lands.

You don't even have to give me anything in return. I just don't want it.

Ah nice one cheers lad.

Yes, please try and refrain from posting public spoilers. Instead talk about how rubbish Greninja is ;)

OK then, Greninja is rubbish because his Water/Dark type is resistant to Chesnaught's Grass/Fighting combintination and he can't even beat a Charizard when he's supposed to have the type advantage. Water Shuriken is played up as it's signature move yet is really weak and you're better off running Scald on it.

Not to mention that Greninja was one of the first characters to get nerfed in Smash Bros.

Happy now?

xZnKbKQ.gif