NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Welp! Guess this is one demo I'm definitely downloading then. :)

Ct7fePZWIAQCVL8.jpg

Wasn't entirely convinced of the plausibility at first but this is looking more legit the more you look into it now.

If true, I'll have to constantly stop Litten from evolving into its final evolution.

If true, I'll have to constantly stop Litten from evolving into its final evolution.

Everstone sounds like just the thing you need.

They're actually calling it Ash-Greninja? Oh, for the love of... Oh well, I'll choose use my Charizard and get myself a guaranteed win against anyone who uses it, eh?

That ability it's got sounds kinda, well, crap. I mean compared to Protean, it's awfully rubbish, isn't it?

Anyway, there's far more interesting stuff than that.

Tackle Missions as a Team

As your Festival Plaza’s rank goes up, you’ll gain the ability to host missions, where multiple players can try to complete a certain goal together. Missions can be attempted with other players you connect to via local wireless or the Internet. It also seems that global missions will sometimes be held, in which everyone playing Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon can work together to achieve a goal!

Global missions are limited-time events that give Trainers around the world a shared mission via Festival Plaza in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, and they will be held at regular intervals. The theme of the first global mission will be “Catch a lot of Pokémon!” It’s expected to go live in late November. What’s it all about? Why, this mission is about catching a lot of Pokémon—regardless of their species!

The number of Pokémon needed, along with other goals to achieve, will be announced on the Pokémon Global Link immediately before the mission goes live. Keep an eye peeled for the reward you can receive for completing the mission—and remember to invite your friends to join in, too!

It sounds a bit like the Entralink from Black/White mixed with Splatfests. I'm intrigued... The Entralink was quite fun, so I'm happy to see it come back, and on a global scale to boot.

Battle with Other Players' Pokémon

In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, you can register Pokémon that you often use in Battle Teams, which can contain anywhere from one to six Pokémon. You can set up a maximum of six Battle Teams, and the same Pokémon can be registered to several Battle Teams simultaneously.

When the Pokémon Global Link is updated for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, a new feature will be available—QR Rental Teams. Players will be able to publicly share their own teams and to use Battle Teams designed by other players. Public Battle Teams can be used by scanning in their QR Code patterns from the Pokémon Global Link. You can take part in Link Battles and certain Rating Battles using a Battle Team you’ve rented. You may even be able to try battling using the Pokémon of expert players, like the victors of the World Championships!

So basically, you can just skip out on the training and use some other dude's team?

Hmmm... Not so sure about this, yeah it's nice that you don't have to train up a team yourself, but I can't help but feel this will cause even more of the same old boring teams showing up online all the time...

EDIT: Game Freak just don't learn, do they?

Basically, it's bigger than the ORAS demo. So just like ORAS, it's gonna be datamined and everything is going to be spoiled before the game is even out.

Guess I'm going on blackout as soon as that demo is out.

Edited by Glen-i

Oh yeah, menus are a thing

Ct8VWtrWIAEn0hr.jpgCt8VczlXEAE9cIM.jpg

It's split into two pages

Page 1

-Pokémon

-Pokédex

-Bag

-Save

-Quick Communication

-Festival Plaza

Page 2:

-Trainer Pass

-Poké Pelago

-Pokémon Refresh

-QR Scan

-Battle Video

-Options

Not as slick and quick as the PSS and UI in general in Gen VI, but at least you can access all these things so easily.

My only issue is that accessing GTS, Battles, Trades etc. in the Festival Plaza seems more cumbersome than what we have had the last 3 years

EDIT: Game Freak just don't learn, do they?

Basically, it's bigger than the ORAS demo. So just like ORAS, it's gonna be datamined and everything is going to be spoiled before the game is even out.

Guess I'm going on blackout as soon as that demo is out.

In-game data for like moves etc. take all of 2MB

This increase is due to graphics

In-game data for like moves etc. take all of 2MB

This increase is due to graphics

I'll take your word for it, but I'm still going on blackout the moment that demo hits. Just to be safe.

Whats Ash-Greninja? I've not watched the anime since the Orange Islands!

Whats Ash-Greninja? I've not watched the anime since the Orange Islands!

Basically, the Greninja Ash got is special in that in tough battles, it will transform into an appearance that mimics Ash. Ash feels its pain and they are synchronised. It's essentially their way of giving Ash a Mega Evolution without giving him a Mega Ring

XY133-Ash-Greninja-EX.jpg

Oh right, I forgot that the Trading Card Game dictated everything that happens in the mainline games...

It doesn't even make sense for you to be able to have this Greninja.

Yes, through the sheer power of the bond you develop with this Greninja, it can take on the appearance of some random kid who hasn't won an actual Pokemon League in almost 20 years!

You know what, demo? You can keep your loser associated Greninja (Because Gary's right, Ash is a loser).

I'm perfectly happy with my 5 IV, Shiny Timid Protean Greninja that I spent over 3 months trying to get and is named after the French word for Cheese.

It is far more desirable.

Starter evolutions are all cool, but right now it's all about DAT ASH-GRENINJA HYPE!! And I won't have to wait months to play the demo this time! :heh:

Oh right, I forgot that the Trading Card Game dictated everything that happens in the mainline games...

It's also called Ash-Greninja in Pokémon Shuffle, Pokémon Picross, Pokémon Tretta and all of the merchandise. There was never a chance they'd give it another name.

Chance are it'll be like Cosplay Pikachu and never able to go beyond Sun & Moon

It's also called Ash-Greninja in Pokémon Shuffle, Pokémon Picross, Pokémon Tretta and all of the merchandise. There was never a chance they'd give it another name.

You can slap that name on all the products in the world, it won't stop it from being an incredibly stupid name.

Greninja was a cool enough design without plonking some ridiculous-looking hair on it.

And those poor other Gen 6 starters. Getting shafted like that.

Chesnaught is too awesome to deserve the blatant disrespect it gets! He is a knight and you will give him the respect he deserves!

And Delphox sho... Actually, you know what? Screw Delphox, when your mid evolution gets into Pokken, you know no-one likes you.

Eh, they just focused on the best stages of each of the starter lines. The balance among the Kalos starters has been much better than the Kanto starters where nobody cares about the grass or water lines at all. :heh:

Greninja was obviously always going to get most of the spotlight, but Braixen is very popular as Serena's star Pokémon and earned a spot on the Pokkén roster because of it, and Chespie is the most dependable Pokémon in Kalos and one of the most important Pokémon in XYZ.

And also the very best Pokémon in the series.

... *looks at avatar*

...I might be slightly biased on that last part.

Chesnaught was awesome, I can't remember what inclined me to pick Chespin as my starter in the first place in Y but although Quilladin is rather bland in design the wait is worth it once you get to Chesnaught. In a way now retrospectively he's kind of like Torterra in that he's very slow, but has a lot of attack and defence. Plus getting his own version of Protect that does a bit extra damage can be useful sometimes.

For example, in a random 6v6 battle online earlier this year (neither team or players were competitive standard), my Chesnaught managed to kill a Flygon using only Spiky Shield. That said, I'm surprised the opponent kept persisting with Fly when it clearly wasn't working.

On another note, I'm going to see what I can find regarding new Water types in the Alola region that haven't already been revealed but if I can't find any I'm half tempted to take the Ash-Greninja from the demo and add it as the final team member. Only problem is that it would give half the team weaknesses to Fighting (Greninja, Bewear and Lycanroc) but it's in-game so shouldn't matter that much.

Oh right, I forgot that the Trading Card Game dictated everything that happens in the mainline games....

Never said it did. All I know is that this card was inspired by the anime Greninja and it was something where it was written down so as to answer your question of "They're actually calling it Ash-Greninja?" in the affirmative.

I didn't think you were going to be such a dick over having a question answered.

Never said it did. All I know is that this card was inspired by the anime Greninja and it was something where it was written down so as to answer your question of "They're actually calling it Ash-Greninja?" in the affirmative.

I didn't think you were going to be such a dick over having a question answered.

I was having a jab, but I'm sorry it came across badly.

Chesnaught was awesome, I can't remember what inclined me to pick Chespin as my starter in the first place in Y but although Quilladin is rather bland in design the wait is worth it once you get to Chesnaught. In a way now retrospectively he's kind of like Torterra in that he's very slow, but has a lot of attack and defence. Plus getting his own version of Protect that does a bit extra damage can be useful sometimes.

For example, in a random 6v6 battle online earlier this year (neither team or players were competitive standard), my Chesnaught managed to kill a Flygon using only Spiky Shield. That said, I'm surprised the opponent kept persisting with Fly when it clearly wasn't working.

I wonder if that Flygon was locked into Fly because of Choice Scarf/Choice Band? Was it their last Pokemon? That would explain it.

Still funny though.

I personally like to put an Assault Vest on Chesnaught, sure it means I can't use Status Moves, but you'd be surprised the amount of people who go straight for Special moves when they see it. It catches a lot of people out. Because, you know. Smogon setups...

Shame that it's typing is not very good defensive wise.

Pretty sure it wasn't choice scarfed, I only show the part where it keeps using Fly but before that it did use Dragon Claw and Rock Slide. As someone who has used Flygon quite a bit before (I've trained two up to Level 100 as part of in-game teams) I would say it's possible that the other move it was carrying was possibly Earthquake which wasn't used because Grass type. I'm not sure if she was even aware I was part Fighting type too at first.

This was towards the latter stages of the battle so I don't think we had much options left. My full team is in my sig since I was using my in-game Y team (so Chesnaught, Gardevoir, Charizard, Pangoro, Heliolisk and Dragalge) while hers was Gardevoir, Yveltal, Moltres (shiny), Flygon, Gengar and Milotic. By the time it was Chesnaught vs. Flygon I'd already taken out everything but the Flygon and the Gardevoir (which was on half health), and tbh that Mega Gardevoir would have destroyed my Chesnaught.

I think what was really key though was that I had only lost Dragagle and Gardevoir by that point... anyway, getting a bit off topic here.

Thought I'd mention that I like what they've done with the island names in Poke Pelegeo although Isle Evelup was the only one that I really understood the name at first.

I like the second stage evolutions, but also disappointed at the same time as it seems the leaks of the final evolutions back in June are very likely to be the real deal now

Not sure if it'll put the people here who are scared of spoilers more at ease or more tense, but hackers have already got the demo data but are having significant trouble even getting it to run, never mind data mining it.

Is it likely that the names of the final starter evolutions would be something that would get revealed through datamining? I suppose it depends on how Game Freak programs the game to pull the info it needs and if they have a database of Pokemon to use in the game, whether they were prepared to make a modified version of that for the demo just to avoid spoilers from datamining.

Is it likely that the names of the final starter evolutions would be something that would get revealed through datamining? I suppose it depends on how Game Freak programs the game to pull the info it needs and if they have a database of Pokemon to use in the game, whether they were prepared to make a modified version of that for the demo just to avoid spoilers from datamining.

Hopefully they learned from last time and properly scrubbed it