NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Seen some people think that they might be scrapping Mega Evolution altogether.

Main reason being how broken Mega Kangaskhan has proven to be in competitive play especially in VGC when it was the Mega on nearly every team.

Also, +1 to Feraligatr, Cyndaquil as a starter is overdone in G/S/C/HG/SS, Totodile is almost just as viable. In fact, in a recent playthrough of HeartGold I didn't even use a Fire type, all that Fire is good against is covered by other commonly seen types like Flying and Fighting and if I really need to use a Fire move then my Togekiss knows Flamethrower.

The lack of Mega Pokemon shown so far is a bit strange... Does make you think that they might not appear here...

I mean, it actually does make sense if they're not in the game in terms of lore. If the characters don't end up getting Key Stones, then they can't Mega Evolve their Pokemon...

Maybe they'll just not appear in every game? It's rare for the Pokemon series to ever drop established core mechanics in subsequent games, but it's not completely without precedent (night/day in RSE).

I don't think they'll drop them, but they won't be part of the story and will probably become available in the post game. I don't think we'll see any new ones though if any at all. I want to see the Gen II starters get Megas, though.

Ask Serebii

Serebii's site's not ugly, it's retro! You get to feel like you're actually back in 1998 while you play Pokemon Red. And really, who uses mobile phones to visit websites anyway? Fuck those guys.

We mock out of love

Can't wait for this. Lots of non-Pokemon friends have expressed interest too, it's really cool.

The lack of Mega Pokemon shown so far is a bit strange... Does make you think that they might not appear here...

I mean, it actually does make sense if they're not in the game in terms of lore. If the characters don't end up getting Key Stones, then they can't Mega Evolve their Pokemon...

Maybe they'll just not appear in every game? It's rare for the Pokemon series to ever drop established core mechanics in subsequent games, but it's not completely without precedent (night/day in RSE).

Megas are essentially separate Pokémon species. There is zero chance that they are being removed.

That's what they said about the passenger pigeon.

So, something caught my eye about one of the "Trial Captains" a few days ago.

Specifically, Kiawe.

Kiawe is a captain whose expertise is in Fire-type Pokémon. Together with his Marowak' date=' he studies the traditional dances that have been passed down in the Alola region.[/quote']

This is the only one whose description mentions a specific Pokemon. And it's a Pokemon that isn't even a Fire-type.

So what kind of dances could you see in a Hawaiian kind of place that you think a Marowak could pull off?

fire_dancer_marowak_by_glen_i-dacoqu3.png

Why, a Fire Dancing Marowak, of course!

This concept seems too obvious to not do. I'm totally expecting it. I mean, if I thought it up, surely they must have done the same.

If I'm right, it would certainly be interesting to see how my design differs from an official one. If not, then I've got better ideas than Game Freak and they should hire me immediately.

By the way, Marowak can learn Flamethrower through TM's.

flamethrower__by_glen_i-dacot10.png

Just saying.

^ Yeah that concept has been all over the Tube since the trailer. Not too surprising really, can see Marowaks inhabiting a volcano or something.

I'm mostly interested to see if the good ole Crystal Onix will be in - Ice/Ground type.

Why, look who it is...;)

That's a cute new dress you've got Serebii.

So apparently the entire Alola Pokedex has been leaked.

http://heavy.com/games/2016/08/new-pokemon-sun-moon-leak-3ds-pokedex/

Rumours suggest that the secondary type of the three starters as well as Rockruff's evolution "Weruff" is determined by an additional factor and can be different. It also suggests that Salandit is a middle evolution for its line. It also seemlingly confirms many names of Pokemon that were rumoured as well as all four Island Guardian names, with some interesting things to note. One of the names sounds like it could be a Dunsparce evolution, possibly an Alolan Dunsparce that evolves into this new Pokemon?

The starter evolution lines are apparently:

Rowlet -> Archoot -> Robinroot

Litten -> Pantherm-> Beltigre

Popplio -> Sirilio -> Sireen

So apparently the entire Alola Pokedex has been leaked.

http://heavy.com/games/2016/08/new-pokemon-sun-moon-leak-3ds-pokedex/

Rumours suggest that the secondary type of the three starters as well as Rockruff's evolution "Weruff" is determined by an additional factor and can be different. It also suggests that Salandit is a middle evolution for its line. It also seemlingly confirms many names of Pokemon that were rumoured as well as all four Island Guardian names, with some interesting things to note. One of the names sounds like it could be a Dunsparce evolution, possibly an Alolan Dunsparce that evolves into this new Pokemon?

The starter evolution lines are apparently:

Rowlet -> Archoot -> Robinroot

Litten -> Pantherm-> Beltigre

Popplio -> Sirilio -> Sireen

No apparently about it.

It's fake.

I would take "no apparently about it" to suggest it was true, not fake (i.e. the 'apparently' suggests uncertainty and thus you're eradicating the uncertainty). Anyone else?

Not a slight, just thought that upon seeing it and now genuinely curious of other's interpretations.

Anyway ummm...let me show you my pokemans?

I would take "no apparently about it" to suggest it was true, not fake (i.e. the 'apparently' suggests uncertainty and thus you're eradicating the uncertainty). Anyone else?

Not a slight, just thought that upon seeing it and now genuinely curious of other's interpretations.

I am eradicating the uncertainty.

It is fake.

The uncertainty is of the leak though so I would also read it as the leak being true, had you not added that it is fake.

Thread has now been taken down from 4chan. Possibly because someone got the reaction they wanted.

Looking into it a bit more, "Delfin" is dolphin in Spanish. Yeah...

I agree. Also, he has put full stops at the end of his paragraphs for the first time ever which is making me trust what he says less. Or do I trust it more because of the punctuation? ::shrug::hmm::confused::wtf:

Thread has now been taken down from 4chan. Possibly because someone got the reaction they wanted.

Looking into it a bit more, "Delfin" is dolphin in Spanish. Yeah...

And delfino is Italian for dolphin and that didn't bother Nintendo with Sunshine :heh:

I agree. Also, he has put full stops at the end of his paragraphs for the first time ever which is making me trust what he says less. Or do I trust it more because of the punctuation? ::shrug::hmm::confused::wtf:

I never noticed he didn't put full stops at the end of his paragraphs before :shakehead

New Pokemon and evolutions from Coro Coro.

pok1_zpsgbbw3ml6.jpg

pok4_zpso6ldtspd.jpg

pok3_zpsrggsowae.jpg

pok2_zpsyunxrlsm.jpg

Looks like most of the internet was right with their guess about Marowak.

Looks like most of the internet was right with their guess about Marowak.

I don't think anyone guessed it would be ghost type though! (nice callback to the dead Marowak from Gen 1 as well with that)

Edited by Dcubed

I don't think anyone guessed it would be ghost type though! (nice callback to the dead Marowak from Gen 1 as well with that)

I guess you just found out it was a ghost type as you had it down as possibly a dark type before your edit. You also no had mention of the callback either. Gotta be faster with those edits. :p

There we have it then. Bewear has a pre-evolution. This contradicts what the Pokedex leak mentioned, therefore the leak is fake.

Morale of the story, never doubt @Serebii.

EDIT: Also the evil team is apparently called Team Skull.

Edited by GenericAperson