NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Urr I really wanted this game until I saw Z-Moves, what is this cheesy crap :x

They look like power rangers

Pink_Ranger_Kim.jpg

Just wait until it ends up in Pokémon Go and you're stood outside a Burger King getting jiggy with it.

I think it's looking good and I like that they're trying new things to avoid the series going stale, but I can't help but feel that they're introducing way too many new gimmicks/game mechanics at once with all these Z moves, Alola forms, totem pokémon, on top of all the mega evolution, abilities, natures, IVs, etc etc. Part of me just wishes things were as simple as in Red/Blue/Yellow again!

Z-crystal goes on the Z-Ring and you just do some dance moves to grant your pokemon the Z-Power. Z-powered Mega Pokemon is a possibility but Z-ring don't have the Key Stone on it.

Nope, not according to the main site...

Z%20Moves%20need%20a%20crystal%20held_zpshrk1serf.png

The Pokemon has to hold the corresponding Z Crystal to use a Z Move, meaning that you have to give up any other potential hold item to use it. So Mega Pokemon can't use it.

I think it's looking good and I like that they're trying new things to avoid the series going stale, but I can't help but feel that they're introducing way too many new gimmicks/game mechanics at once with all these Z moves, Alola forms, totem pokémon, on top of all the mega evolution, abilities, natures, IVs, etc etc. Part of me just wishes things were as simple as in Red/Blue/Yellow again!

No way. A sequel needs to innovate and bring forth new ideas and concepts to justify their existence. Sticking with the old and refusing to change is incredibly boring and series that do that die out before long.

It's not like the game will throw that all at you at once anyway. It'll introduce them gradually throughout the course of the game, just like all Pokemon games do (yes, including RBY). Pokemon games always do a great job of easing newcomers and beginners into the game, always assuming that you've never played a Pokemon game before, and I'm sure this one will be no different in that regard :)

Edited by Dcubed

Oh no I definitely found the last few a bit too "and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this and this"-ey.

Nope, not according to the main site...

Z%20Moves%20need%20a%20crystal%20held_zpshrk1serf.png

The Pokemon has to hold the corresponding Z Crystal to use a Z Move, meaning that you have to give up any other potential hold item to use it. So Mega Pokemon can't use it.

No way. A sequel needs to innovate and bring forth new ideas and concepts to justify their existence. Sticking with the old and refusing to change is incredibly boring and series that do that die out before long.

It's not like the game will throw that all at you at once anyway. It'll introduce them gradually throughout the course of the game, just like all Pokemon games do (yes, including RBY). Pokemon games always do a great job of easing newcomers and beginners into the game, always assuming that you've never played a Pokemon game before, and I'm sure this one will be no different in that regard :)

Don't get me wrong, as I said in my post I like that they're adding new things. I think they're just maybe adding too many new things for this new generation. It's always been a bit more gradual in terms of change over the series before, and maybe in some ways distracting from the core mechanics too much with things like Z moves.

And of course, I'm not saying throw it all away and go back to the exact mechanics of the originals - just reflecting on my nostalgia for them, and how they were so simple compare to today's editions, yet still so brilliant.

Hope there's an Edgeworth Pokemon that lowers Gumshoo's salary. :p

Oh I didn't see that description where the pokemon must hold the same crystal to use Z-move.

I can't wait for the Grumshoo Meme's to come about and Trump to want to build a wall round Game Freak

I do like the idea of different typings for existing pokemon that have been raised in a different ecosystem, i'd assume they have new pokedex entries?

I have to say Z-moves seem a little campy as has been said

but the most interesting thing for me is the 99% confirmation that this MAIN GAME will not feature Gyms - each island has a Kahuna to defeat as well as an Island Trial to overcome - so no gym badges, something else (i'm actually getting an orange islands game aren't i?)

I'd be interested to hear @Serebii's take on the lack of gyms, as one thing that came up in the plethora of topics on a console edition of Pokemon was that he thought it could be a spin off - not following the formula of gym battles.....well now the main games of sun and moon don't fit, so does this throw everything up in the air?

And if the NX rumours are true could we see a more story driven pokemon game series from this point that bucks all the trends?

mallow.png?resize=119%2C191

trial-captain-rumor.jpg?resize=493%2C191

This cannot be a coincidence...

Also, somehow Yungoos' evolution looks even more like Donald Trump than the pre-evo. Even it's Pokedex entry seems to match this.

"Gumshoos has a tenacious personality, which is why it targets one prey for so long without wavering.

"Gumshoos has a tenacious personality, which is why it targets one prey for so long without wavering.

Now we just need to see it be a physical wall in the meta, eh? :grin:

I'm still not over how accurate some of these leaks have been. I mean, I'm just jumping up and down at the idea of seeing a fully 3D Cynthia or Blue, AND THE POSSIBILITY THAT WE GET TO GO IN THE SS ANNE

OMKHSJDLHFHAKDKFBDNELLRODBDNRMDPI

Z-crystal goes on the Z-Ring and you just do some dance moves to grant your pokemon the Z-Power. Z-powered Mega Pokemon is a possibility but Z-ring don't have the Key Stone on it.

Au contraire

CnvF7x7XEAAezJJ.jpg

Down for everything rumoured and shown in the trailer today. Looks awesome. Suspect that a lack of an established league in the new region will be why the anime is going in the direction it is and that's fine and dandy with me!

but the most interesting thing for me is the 99% confirmation that this MAIN GAME will not feature Gyms - each island has a Kahuna to defeat as well as an Island Trial to overcome - so no gym badges, something else (i'm actually getting an orange islands game aren't i?)

They're gyms in everything but name really though.

They're gyms in everything but name really though.

Not according to the main site...

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/the-rite-of-the-island-challenge/

To complete the island challenge, young trial-goers must overcome the trials in store on each of the four islands. These trials are not limited to battling with Pokémon. They take a variety of forms, such as finding items or completing tests of knowledge. You will not be able to accomplish them with ordinary methods!

The only thing about them that resembles a gym battle is the final battle against the island's big kahuna.

Ask Serebii :laughing:

Well the others do copy so I suppose he's to blame!

Not according to the main site...

http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/the-rite-of-the-island-challenge/

To complete the island challenge, young trial-goers must overcome the trials in store on each of the four islands. These trials are not limited to battling with Pokémon. They take a variety of forms, such as finding items or completing tests of knowledge. You will not be able to accomplish them with ordinary methods!

The only thing about them that resembles a gym battle is the final battle against the island's big kahuna.

brock-no-bad-brock_o_606767.gif

Woah, a lot of information... But it'll just make it a meatier game to get through come November. The new stuff means more time spent in the game than simply breezing through to start the competitive post-game.

Hoping the villains aren't too corny.

If Oricorio ever gain a Water type from a different flower in another region, it should be based on ballet because of the Swan Lake ballet.

Those Alola forms, while cool, are starting to smack of Gen 1 pandering. I really hope other gens get a look in. Because it'll be a real shame if they go down the X/Y route again...

I'm also curious about the lack of new mega Evolutions shown so far. I kinda really want my Mega Feraligatr. You can't give Gen 1 and Gen 3 starters megas and then ignore 2. That's just teasing!

I'm also curious about the lack of new mega Evolutions shown so far. I kinda really want my Mega Feraligatr. You can't give Gen 1 and Gen 3 starters megas and then ignore 2. That's just teasing!

Dude Typhlosion was superior and you know it. :awesome:

Dude Typhlosion was superior and you know it. :awesome:

Feraligatr's on the actual team I use right now, so nope.

Also, you're not gonna convince me to go with Typhlosion when there's a bipedal alligator with fists right near it. Because that's a fight you're just not going to win. My reptile bias knows no bounds!

At least you didn't say Meganium though.