NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Reading you can increase a Pokemon's IV stat now? Best news ever! Does this mean I can just grab all the Mythical Pokemon without needing to reset forever for decent IVs?

Woah! Really liking the look of Mudsdale. :D

Ground type horse Pokémon with an ability that raises defence when hit with an attack? That's pretty decent. :)

I wonder how rare the Bottle Caps will be. Hope it's redeemable with Pokemiles on Global Link Shop.

6 31 IVs after you done with the Hyper Training is awesome! Guess I can focus on breeding pokemon with the egg moves then hyper training them once they reached Lvl 100 later.

Definately may consider creating my own competitive team now when Sun/Moon come out. I guess the days of riding around on the bike hatching tons of eggs of the same Pokemon until you get one with perfect IVs and Natures are now over...

...you just need one with a good nature now.

Gotta simplify the game for all those Pokemon GO! scum, huh?

Seriously though, this is the single greatest change in Pokemon since the Physical/Special split.

On the other hand, I now feel like I've wasted my time spending days getting my shiny Greninja with 5 perfect IV's in everything but Attack. A tiny bit miffed at that. And it does kinda throw a spanner in my Speedy Groudon counter-Kyogre strategy which worked 100% of the time. Here's hoping that people don't have timid Kyogres...

I wonder if Hyper Training provides a way to lower a Pokemon's IV's to 0? You don't always want the highest stats. A Trick Room team would hate to have 31 speed IV's. And special attackers would rather have the lowest attack possible to mitigate damage from Foul Play.

I guess the days of riding around on the bike hatching tons of eggs of the same Pokemon until you get one with perfect IVs and Natures are now over...

Piece of cake with the Everstone. As long as one parent has the nature you need, you're set.

I wonder how rare the Bottle Caps will be. Hope it's redeemable with Pokemiles on Global Link Shop.

If they're smart, they'll be redeemable prizes at the new Battle Frontier.

And they're better be one after that disgusting tease ORAS broke my heart with.

Definately may consider creating my own competitive team now when Sun/Moon come out. I guess the days of riding around on the bike hatching tons of eggs of the same Pokemon until you get one with perfect IVs and Natures are now over...

You'll still need to do that for egg moves though, so you'll still get to relive those memories ;)

You'll still need to do that for egg moves though, so you'll still get to relive those memories ;)

Nah, my only competitive experience really is with Pokemon Showdown. The fact that it takes so long to breed the perfect Pokemon put me off Wi-Fi competitive Pokemon so I just Super Trained my in-game team in Y last time around to help it deal with the Battle Maison and just test it in general against online teams.

Even then though, I tend to go for somewhat gimmicky teams on Showdown that leave me with rather average rankings.

@Serebii how likely will the Japanese version of Sun&Moon include an English language option like ORAS?

@Serebii how likely will the Japanese version of Sun&Moon include an English language option like ORAS?

100% likely

Logic and precedent

Would I be right in thinking that it's because it's a simultaneous worldwide release? (Yeah, yeah, we get it a bit later because Europe is naughty)

Did X/Y have an English option in the Japanese version? I vaguely remember there being a Japanese option in the PAL one.

Would I be right in thinking that it's because it's a simultaneous worldwide release? (Yeah, yeah, we get it a bit later because Europe is naughty)

Did X/Y have an English option in the Japanese version? I vaguely remember there being a Japanese option in the PAL one.

Yes, X & Y had all languages in all versions of the game, as did ORAS and as will Sun/Moon

Has anyone ordered the games from Nintendo UK because my Expected shipping is 31st December

Has anyone ordered the games from Nintendo UK because my Expected shipping is 31st December

If you're living in the UK, I would suggest looking at some other options of ordering is your only option - and especially if you're looking to order from the official Nintendo store. They have some great deals up there, I'll admit (fan edition of Sun/Moon, limited edition Solgaleo & Lunala 3DS, a free charger and a free Sun/Moon carry case all for ~£225), which I've looked at myself, but the big problem I have is that it doesn't seem to have a release day delivery, instead giving a 2-3 standard delivery deadline.

So, if you don't mind not playing on release day, ordering from the official store might be a great idea considering how many deals they've got going on; however, if you do want it delivery day and want to possibly shave some pounds from the final price, I'd personally suggest ordering from Amazon. As for the 31st December date, that may mean you ordered whilst the placeholder was still up? It should probably update...

New trailer is up! (JPN version of the trailer is slightly different)

Gumshoos is literally Donald Trump lol! :laughing:

home-mobile.png

We're getting all Mario Strikers up in here son!

Edit: Wanna be a true Pokenerd?

Pokedork_zpss77pph2j.png

Lol it looks and sounds so dorky. I want one :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

Looks like a lot of the leaks were real. They really are having a hard time keeping stuff secret. :D

Looks like a lot of the leaks were real. They really are having a hard time keeping stuff secret. :D

The leaks aren't completely accurate though... They said that the new Ninetales would be Fire/Fairy, it's actually Ice/Fairy.

The leaks aren't completely accurate though... They said that the new Ninetales would be Fire/Fairy, it's actually Ice/Fairy.

They are close enough to show that someone is spilling the goods. At one time you would never get such leaks but every time there's an announcement for this game a lot of the stuff is already known or hinted at.

BTW, it just hit me. Mega Pokemon can't use Z moves because they need to hold a Z stone to use them! OHOHOHOHO!!!

Your days are numbered Mega Rayquaza!!

(Also, we now have Pokemon subspecies... Monster Hunter called Game Freak, it wants its ideas back ;) )

Urr I really wanted this game until I saw Z-Moves, what is this cheesy crap :x

They look like power rangers

Pink_Ranger_Kim.jpg

If it's possible to change a pokemon's type by forcing them to adapt to a new microclimate. Maybe we will see Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh/Unova/Kalos forme in the future?

BTW, it just hit me. Mega Pokemon can't use Z moves because they need to hold a Z stone to use them! OHOHOHOHO!!!

Your days are numbered Mega Rayquaza!!

(Also, we now have Pokemon subspecies... Monster Hunter called Game Freak, it wants its ideas back ;) )

Z-crystal goes on the Z-Ring and you just do some dance moves to grant your pokemon the Z-Power. Z-powered Mega Pokemon is a possibility but Z-ring don't have the Key Stone on it.

Edited by DriftKaiser