NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

When I say worst selling in the series, I mean the mainline games obviously :p (and not third versions like Emerald either). So the low point is currently X/Y at 14.70 million (that actually ended up having some pretty good legs in the end. It managed to crawl its way back up to just 900k behind B/W after a disappointing start). I expect a drop of at least 1.5 million (anywhere between that and 3.5 million). Not just because of the damage done by Go, but also because the 3DS is really on its last legs and is just about to get replaced by the NX handheld (something that stunted B/W as well), which will have been unveiled by then as well.

Glen-i is right. People are super stingy and cheap those days. I would be very surprised if they manage to convert many people over at all. Mobile users have just been too far conditioned to expect something for nothing and they're far more likely to give their phones to their kids to play with than splash out for an expensive game on a platform that they probably don't own.

Now that I agree with. Though, if any game is going to be the first to go against the evident "decline" in new generation paired releases since Diamond and Pearl, I figure it'll be this pair. It's got a lot more going for them than previous games in the series!

Agreed on the mobile app front too. I don't think it will hurt the sales of the games at all - it could encourage some form of growth - but for the masses it probably won't make any kind of difference (especially when having to compete with Star Wars this Christmas too, more so than ever before).

When I say worst selling in the series, I mean the mainline games obviously :p (and not third versions like Emerald either). So the low point is currently X/Y at 14.70 million (that actually ended up having some pretty good legs in the end. It managed to crawl its way back up to just 900k behind B/W after a disappointing start). I expect a drop of at least 1.5 million (anywhere between that and 3.5 million). Not just because of the damage done by Go, but also because the 3DS is really on its last legs and is just about to get replaced by the NX handheld (something that stunted B/W as well), which will have been unveiled by then as well.

Glen-i is right. People are super stingy and cheap those days. I would be very surprised if they manage to convert many people over at all. Mobile users have just been too far conditioned to expect something for nothing and they're far more likely to give their phones to their kids to play with than splash out for an expensive game on a platform that they probably don't own.

Now that I agree with. Though, if any game is going to be the first to go against the evident "decline" in new generation paired releases since Diamond and Pearl, I figure it'll be this pair. It's got a lot more going for them than previous games in the series!

Agreed on the mobile app front too. I don't think it will hurt the sales of the games at all - it could encourage some form of growth - but for the masses it probably won't make any kind of difference (especially when having to compete with Star Wars this Christmas too, more so than ever before).

Serebii not pimping his site here? Wow!

Guess I'll do it for him...

corocoro8161.jpg

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. The bear is called Kiteruguma and is Normal/Fighting with the abilities Fluffy and Klutz, while the ghost is Mimikkyu and is Ghost/Fairy. It has the ability called Disguise.

People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anytthing in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.

Mimitsukiyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness . We'll bring more as it comes

Mimmikyu is absolute Nightmare Fuel and I LOVE it! :D

corocoro8161.jpg

The first images from CoroCoro have leaked and have revealed the latest news on Sun & Moon. As always, do note that translations are preliminary while we work on them. The bear is called Kiteruguma and is Normal/Fighting with the abilities Fluffy and Klutz, while the ghost is Mimikkyu and is Ghost/Fairy. It has the ability called Disguise.

People in Alola are scared of Kiteruguma to the point of having warning signs about it. It is really strong and can break anytthing in two. It likes to hug its trainers but is strong. Raising one puts your life in danger.

Mimitsukiyu hates sunlight, preferring dark places. It is rumoured that the cloth covering its body is a strategy to avoid the sun. Don't try to remove the cloth it is said that those that do become afflicted with an illness . We'll bring more as it comes

The dead Pikachu is kind of creepy, but why does the bear have a dick on its butt?

The dead Pikachu is kind of creepy, but why does the bear have a dick on its butt?

So that you can nickname it Dickbutt of course!

So that you can nickname it Dickbutt of course!

The Bear kind of looks like a reject rip-off of a young children's TV show or something along those lines. Or maybe just a teddy bear idea.

Curious to think there were no bears in the original 151 Pokemon but ever since we have got new ones each generation apart from Gen IV (if you include Pandas)

The Bear kind of looks like a reject rip-off of a young children's TV show or something along those lines. Or maybe just a teddy bear idea.

Curious to think there were no bears in the original 151 Pokemon but ever since we have got new ones each generation apart from Gen IV (if you include Pandas)

It's totally a teddy bear. One of it's abilities is called "Fluffy" after all.

Intrigued about that ability. Can't wait to see what that's about.

Suffice to say I'm also curious about the "Disguise" ability, I wonder how similar (Or not similar) it is to Zoroark's Illusion?

So far, I've always liked the final evolution of every Bear Pokemon (Especially Pangoro), so I've got high hopes for Kiterguma, who will promptly get a name change over here.

Mimmikyu is absolute Nightmare Fuel and I LOVE it!

Oh, definitely. But the thought of a teddy bear that could break your back just by giving you a big fluffy hug is also pretty disturbing.

It's totally a teddy bear. One of it's abilities is called "Fluffy" after all.

Intrigued about that ability. Can't wait to see what that's about.

Suffice to say I'm also curious about the "Disguise" ability, I wonder how similar (Or not similar) it is to Zoroark's Illusion?

So far, I've always liked the final evolution of every Bear Pokemon (Especially Pangoro), so I've got high hopes for Kiterguma, who will promptly get a name change over here.

Mimmikyu is absolute Nightmare Fuel and I LOVE it!

Oh, definitely. But the thought of a teddy bear that could break your back just by giving you a big fluffy hug is also pretty disturbing.

The 10 year old kid in me says: heeeeheeeeheeeeheeeeeeee!

Liking these Pokes and like the idea and typing of the dead Pikachu. Good stuff from Game Freak.

The 10 year old kid in me says: heeeeheeeeheeeeheeeeeeee!

Liking these Pokes and like the idea and typing of the dead Pikachu. Good stuff from Game Freak.

Anyone know what the text around the Rockruff sections say?

The CoroCoro Rockruff is just giving its views on the Pokémon

corocoro8161.jpg

I was out hunting Pokémon in town when the news came :p Had to update while fighting the wind which was getting sand on my laptop

[tweet]752872268145930241[/tweet]

Well...

Judas :p

Anyone know what the text around the Rockruff sections say?

The CoroCoro Rockruff is just giving its views on the Pokémon

corocoro8161.jpg

I was out hunting Pokémon in town when the news came :p Had to update while fighting the wind which was getting sand on my laptop

[tweet]752872268145930241[/tweet]

Well...

Judas :p