Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

More gifs.

RHcd04y.gif

Ojzobvv.gif

WR4jjwp.gif

l8j2yxt.gif

hHwALg1.gif

Man, if these are legit ( look to be ) this is a massive leak. I assume this is the stuff that was gonna get shown tomorrow?

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Love the wacky designs on those new pokemon. Especially that Koko Guardian and taser/stag beetle pokemon.

Charjabug

Evolves into Vikavolt

Type - Bug/Electric

Ability - Unknown

Vikavolt

Evolution of Charjabug

Type - Bug/Electric

Ability - Unknown

Drampa

Type - Normal/Dragon

Ability - Frenzy (Increases Special Attack, activated when attacked but specific means not known)

Bruxish

Type - Water/Psychic

Ability - Dazzle (Prevents moves with an increased priority from hitting)

Cutiefly

Type - Bug/Fairy

Ability - Unknown

Togedemaru

Type - Electric/Steel

Ability - Lightning Rod

Tapu Koko

Type - Electric/Fairy

Ability - Elekimaker (Activates electric terrain when sent out)

Tapu Koko already looks like one of my favourites from this gen.

New designs look great, they seem to have their own distinct style.

New designs look great, they seem to have their own distinct style.

Such personality in battle, too

CmMn09QWQAA9XIp.jpgCmMn1qEWEAAO2RR.jpg

l8j2yxt.gif

♫Never Ending Stoooooooooorrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!♫

Was just going to comment it's like old Luck Dragon reached retirement age! Definitely on my team.

These look pretty shit. I feel confident I could design Pokemon better than these, without really even trying.

You sort of get the feeling that these Pokemon designs are collaborative efforts...everything seems a bit all over the place.

Edited by Sheikah

Very happy with these designs! Its like a mix between gen 1 and 2 - looking forward to seeing full evolutions.

These look pretty shit. I feel confident I could design Pokemon better than these, without really even trying.

You sort of get the feeling that these Pokemon designs are collaborative efforts...everything seems a bit all over the place.

Go on then :)

Main site was updated with a bit more info for the new mons as well (including English names for Iwanko/Rockruff and Nekkoala/Komala)

1gwKWVB.png

Rideable Pokemon return from Gen 6 as well!

Look like Rockruff's description said it's gonna evolve into it's fully evolved form at night time. Woot @ Rideable Pokemon make a comeback. Let's cross our fingers together for the soar feature to make a come back. Maybe not with Lati@s but other rideable flight-capable pokemon this time.

"Its wings and tail each have their own Core. Each Core serves as a brain and can make decisions and act independently."
Zygarde Completed Forme's Left wing is Red Core and Right Wing is Blue so we are missing the Green Core for the tail? Edited by DriftKaiser

Why are you guys all spelling 'form' wrong?

Why are you guys all spelling 'form' wrong?

They use the word Forme when the form is interchangeable and alters appearance and stats unless it hs a unique name like Black Kyurem

Look like Rockruff's description said it's gonna evolve into it's fully evolved form at night time.

So it's going to be a Werewolf Pokemon then? That sounds cool.

Already been planing out my team for Sun/Moon and so far I'm thinking that I will use Rowlet as my starter, get a Yungoos and use that as an HM slave while getting a Rockruff and Tapu Koko as permenent team members. I know that using legendarily on an in game team can be a bit divisive and veteran players shouldn't need to use one, but his design is so cool I can't help but want to use it.

If they let you have Johto starters I will probably go with Totodile, particularly if Mega Feraligatr is introduced Totodile was my starter in Gold and been wanting to use one again for a long time. Otherwise I think Mega Gyarados could fill a similar role (They ARE putting Magikarp in this game right?) and then presuming all the Kalos Pokemon aside from legendarily and starters return a Honedge would make for a decent Fairy type counter.

I used a Dragalge for that role in Pokemon Y, but his Dragon type took away his resistance to Fairy which was a problem because I caught him as a Poison type with a view to being Water/Poison. And Skrelp was baggage on the team for most of Y because he was the last Pokemon I added to the team, although I think he did land the killing blow to Valerie's Sylveon. Don't think he evolved until after he that. I do regret not using Aegislash though, which is why having one this Gen might be quite decent.

Well, seems like the Guardians of Alola will be the next Megazord (after Complete Zygarde). This was most likely the Pokémon depicted on the Strange Souvenir in XY.

Not so keen on some of these designs, especially Drampa and that fish.

Main site was updated with a bit more info for the new mons as well (including English names for Iwanko/Rockruff and Nekkoala/Komala)

1gwKWVB.png

Rideable Pokemon return from Gen 6 as well!

'Rockruff' - what a kingly name!

So it's going to be a Werewolf Pokemon then? That sounds cool.

Already been planing out my team for Sun/Moon and so far I'm thinking that I will use Rowlet as my starter, get a Yungoos and use that as an HM slave while getting a Rockruff and Tapu Koko as permenent team members. I know that using legendarily on an in game team can be a bit divisive and veteran players shouldn't need to use one, but his design is so cool I can't help but want to use it.

If they let you have Johto starters I will probably go with Totodile, particularly if Mega Feraligatr is introduced Totodile was my starter in Gold and been wanting to use one again for a long time. Otherwise I think Mega Gyarados could fill a similar role (They ARE putting Magikarp in this game right?) and then presuming all the Kalos Pokemon aside from legendarily and starters return a Honedge would make for a decent Fairy type counter.

I used a Dragalge for that role in Pokemon Y, but his Dragon type took away his resistance to Fairy which was a problem because I caught him as a Poison type with a view to being Water/Poison. And Skrelp was baggage on the team for most of Y because he was the last Pokemon I added to the team, although I think he did land the killing blow to Valerie's Sylveon. Don't think he evolved until after he that. I do regret not using Aegislash though, which is why having one this Gen might be quite decent.

I'm feeling your planning man. :)

I think for this I want to go through the whole game with just the new native pokemon and think of alternative battle squads afterward - including new megas.

I loved the idea of Dragalge - its rare typing and good abilities - But its so prone to danger.

I don't really know many who used a Dragalge when playing through the game. Stuff like Talonflame and Aegislash were all extremely popular on people's teams last gen although with the large Pokedex in general everyone was spoilt for choice. Plus the fact that you need to fish for Skrelp and it's Y exclusive means I had to go back to the reoute where you find him after getting the Good Rod.

Often my in-game teams usually consist of only new Pokemon introduced in that region (albeit I only started building proper teams from Gen 4 onwards) but White 2 being a sequel and offering a wide range of Pokemon lead to a team of Flygon, Ampharos (two of my favourite mon), Serperior, Arcanine, Lucario and Golduck. Then in Y, they introduced Mega Evolution and a Fairy type. When they revealed that Gardevoir would be part Fairy type I was working around the assumption that Poison would be Fairy's chief weakness because previously it was only good against Grass, and having one be part Psychic type would be good for the team. I intended Charizard to be my main Mega, I had no idea that Gardevoir had a Mega Evolution until I beat the Champion. Everyone else was a new Mon, but Transgender the Gardevoir has often been my MVP in online Free Battles and the Battle Maison (I'm not really much of a competitive player although I have played on Showdown)

I don't really know many who used a Dragalge when playing through the game. Stuff like Talonflame and Aegislash were all extremely popular on people's teams last gen although with the large Pokedex in general everyone was spoilt for choice. Plus the fact that you need to fish for Skrelp and it's Y exclusive means I had to go back to the reoute where you find him after getting the Good Rod.

Often my in-game teams usually consist of only new Pokemon introduced in that region (albeit I only started building proper teams from Gen 4 onwards) but White 2 being a sequel and offering a wide range of Pokemon lead to a team of Flygon, Ampharos (two of my favourite mon), Serperior, Arcanine, Lucario and Golduck. Then in Y, they introduced Mega Evolution and a Fairy type. When they revealed that Gardevoir would be part Fairy type I was working around the assumption that Poison would be Fairy's chief weakness because previously it was only good against Grass, and having one be part Psychic type would be good for the team. I intended Charizard to be my main Mega, I had no idea that Gardevoir had a Mega Evolution until I beat the Champion. Everyone else was a new Mon, but Transgender the Gardevoir has often been my MVP in online Free Battles and the Battle Maison (I'm not really much of a competitive player although I have played on Showdown)

When the game comes out please add my 3DS code (not this one though), you sound as enthused as me!

I like poison types in general and I was thinking of being a mono-type posion trainer. I was hoping Dragalge would make a nice defensive pokemon with its poison point but it doesn't take attacks well.

Cant wait to see if they revamp super training.

If they let you have Johto starters
Did you get the Hidden Abilities Johto starters from the PokeBank last year?

I think Rockruff won't evolve into a rock type werewolf but I found out about Kaupe aka Hawaiian Werewolf which would make a great ghost type pokemon.

Edited by DriftKaiser

I really want a Pokémon that evolves while they have fainted and then the next evolution acquires the Ghost typing!

I really want a Pokémon that evolves while they have fainted and then the next evolution acquires the Ghost typing!

I like that idea

Did you get the Hidden Abilities Johto starters from the PokeBank last year?

Unfortuantely no because I don't have PokeBank. I might consider getting it though considering there's an ever growing number of legendaries on my Y version (just downloaded Shaymin a couple of days ago). I prefer to build my in-game teams using Pokemon that you can catch in that version though without having to resort to trading (although if they need trading to evolve I might consider that)

If Rockruff does evolve into a Ghost type then that might give a third of my team Dark and Ghost weaknesses if Aegislash ends up on the team, but at the same time I like dogs and a Rock type Dog Pokemon that could potentially learn Ground type moves too is something I'd quite like to have. I imagine it will probably be a Physical Attacker, I would be surprised if his stats are defensively orientated even if Rock types are traditionally that.