NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Italian & French retailers broke the streetdate for X & Y by 2 weeks. Iwata was pissed, now Europe suffers.

Yeah, I can recall. But for two releases in a row?

...and I swear Canada broke the street date too.

Might go and get myself a US 3DS and ask my uncle to send the games over.

Also, strange that the emphasis in the initial announcement trailer was on the addition of Chinese to the game, yet no release date has been given for China?

Also, strange that the emphasis in the initial announcement trailer was on the addition of Chinese to the game, yet no release date has been given for China?

You could just download them from the US eShop on to your US 3DS. You would have the game straight away at release.

You could just download them from the US eShop on to your US 3DS. You would have the game straight away at release.

Darn, I was joking before.

Now I'm very seriously considering it!

Jeez, it's only 5 days.

It'd be easier to just get another EU 3DS and set it to be Australian to access the Australian eShop.

Darn, I was joking before.

Now I'm very seriously considering it!

Just get yourself a US 2DS. They are probably pretty cheap.

Actually... Chinese trailer:

November 18th, like everywhere else in the world that isn't the EU.

I'll vote to leave the EU if it means we'll get Pokémon early

In the long term does 5 days actually make a difference?

Actually... Chinese trailer:

November 18th, like everywhere else in the world that isn't the EU.

I'll vote to leave the EU if it means we'll get Pokémon early

Oh, right; I don't think you've put that up on the site yet? Great job with the Sun and Moon coverage by the way, always great to know you can simply head to Serebii for all the coverage!

And yeah, I couldn't agree more. UKIP just needs to add this to their campaign and I'm sure children will cry out for their parents to do something (though I hope they're stubborn enough to not pay attention).

Europeans are very quickly getting the title of those people when it comes to the entertainment industry these days :/

Just get yourself a US 2DS. They are probably pretty cheap.

I would, but I was planning on getting a New 3DS XL (already have a 2DS, love it, but not the biggest fan..)

In the long term does 5 days actually make a difference?

Long term? No.

but short term I would have had my first of the games completed by the Saturday evening or Sunday morning

Edited by Julius Caesar
Automerged Doublepost

Speaking of Region Lock

The Japanese trailer is flawed :p

Shohei is moving from Japan to Hawaii, playing Red/Green on his 3DS on the plane (It's the Green Sprite), but then purchases Sun & Moon in Hawaii.

It shouldn't work :p

Speaking of Region Lock

Shohei is moving from Japan to Hawaii, playing Red/Green on his 3DS on the plane (It's the Green Sprite), but then purchases Sun & Moon in Hawaii.

That's an excellent point! Only Serebii Could see that :bowdown:

Speaking of Region Lock

latest?cb=20140217181159

In the plane scene, his 3DS has several dust specks that are absent in the car scene, clearly suggesting that the 3DS in the car scene is brand new.

apollo-objects%28a%29.gif

He must obviously have bought another 3DS after arriving, specifically because of the region lock!

latest?cb=20140217181159

In the plane scene, his 3DS has several dust specks that are absent in the car scene, clearly suggesting that the 3DS in the car scene is brand new.

apollo-objects%28a%29.gif

He must obviously have bought another 3DS after arriving, specifically because of the region lock!

Hahahaha

DQc6o5i.jpg

:p

That's an excellent point! Only Serebii Could see that :bowdown:

The best part of Gaf pointed that out yesterday. They assumed that his 3DS had homebrew on it. :D

I normally don't like the new Pokemon but the first 2 are pretty decent (particularly the owl).

The water Pokemon, however...looks dogshit.

gotta agree on that one, what is going on with that water pokemon? i suppose after greninja they just had to give others a fighting chance

Might go fire Kitty, but as always the digivolutions make a difference

Who's taking that bait?

Very strange starters though... they seem uncharacteristic of the region. I don't really expect to go to 'Hawaii' and find an Owl, Cat and Dog Pokémon new for the Pokedex.

Thats a very good point! none of them screamed Tropical Island to me, cats maybe as they are everywhere, but the Owl and the Seal seem off?

Why not a Dolphin for the Water Type

As for Grass, A snake or lizard would make the most sense, but they've done those, so keeping the flying theme a tropical bird?

Think i might have to start off with both the Owl and Kitten, then breed a Froakie (Geninja is just so versatile!)

a two type Starter is new too, not an unfair advantage really given its typing, but as its flying already i guess the dual typing isn't going to end up as Dark>Psychic>Fighting again? well unless the Owl ends up as a Psychic and drops Flying (surely a Psychic owl makes the most sense?)

Still kind of wish this was the orange islands so we finally get roughly a game of the anime

Well it's a sea lion not a seal, and Hawaii has plenty of those.

But yeah, it's not like other starters have ever matched the theme of the region?

Well it's a sea lion not a seal, and Hawaii has plenty of those.

But yeah, it's not like other starters have ever matched the theme of the region?

Well, Froakie is a frog and Kalos is based on France...

:p

Rowlett is neat, not quite as cool as Hoothoot but still neat, Litten is all sorts of lame, (Not as terribad as Fennekin though)

Popplio totally wins it for me! The concept is great and unique for Pokemon. You tell me where else I can find a Circus-themed Pokemon. If I didn't just end up using @Ugh first aid to get all three, that's the one I would choose.

I can tell you one thing for sure, when I play through this, Litten is getting dumped in the PC immediately. But maybe it'll pull a Chespin and evolve into something awesome...

I've got a feeling it won't though.

Still miffed about the later release date. I'll have to go on complete internet blackout to avoid the utter loonies who will no doubt plough through the game as quickly as possible and then post it on some Pokemon site I might visit every now and again.

a two type Starter is new too, not an unfair advantage really given its typing, but as its flying already i guess the dual typing isn't going to end up as Dark>Psychic>Fighting again?

No, but you still get a nice triangle with Flying>Fighting>Ice.

It's actually better than Dark>Psychic>Fighting because there's no outright immunities.

Edited by Glen-i

Jeez, it's only 5 days.

Remind me of your reaction during a recent E3 whereby you found out a Pokémon game was coming out in Europe later than America...?

Remind me of your reaction during a recent E3 whereby you found out a Pokémon game was coming out in Europe later than America...?

Shush, you

Shush, you

You've known me long enough to know that's not possible.

Oh don't worry I found it:

I am so fucking pissed off right now

But then that was seven days. Five is reasonable but seven deserves cursing.

You've known me long enough to know that's not possible.

Oh don't worry I found it:

But then that was seven days. Five is reasonable but seven deserves cursing.

Pretty much, yeah

Rowlett is neat, not quite as cool as Hoothoot but still neat, Litten is all sorts of lame, (Not as terribad as Fennekin though)

Popplio totally wins it for me! The concept is great and unique for Pokemon. You tell me where else I can find a Circus-themed Pokemon. If I didn't just end up using @Ugh first aid to get all three, that's the one I would choose.

I can tell you one thing for sure, when I play through this, Litten is getting dumped in the PC immediately. But maybe it'll pull a Chespin and evolve into something awesome...

I've got a feeling it won't though.

Still miffed about the later release date. I'll have to go on complete internet blackout to avoid the utter loonies who will no doubt plough through the game as quickly as possible and then post it on some Pokemon site I might visit every now and again.

No, but you still get a nice triangle with Flying>Fighting>Ice.

It's actually better than Dark>Psychic>Fighting because there's no outright immunities.

Yes, no doubt the entire Pokedex will get dumped immediately, and simply typing Pokemon in Google will bring up images of a dex picture list. And every Pokemon site will have the champion's name in the topic titles. Hopefully the game has soooooo much content those that deliberately spoil will be too active doing...

Battle Frontier, PWT, post-game Kalos (or somewhere else), since it's Hawaii I expect a chain of islands with some of them post-game, new Episodes etc. If this is the same lame short first set as usual I will be VERY dissapointed. Hopefully any intended 3rd set Kalos extras will be added to a post game area. I mean...it's taking all this time, it can't just be a short XY type game...right? Reassure me, Serebii.

Litten. Fire and Dark (eventually) is an obvious guess. Also, I'm pretty sure Hawaii has scary wild cats which future forms are probably based on.

Yes, no doubt the entire Pokedex will get dumped immediately, and simply typing Pokemon in Google will bring up images of a dex picture list. And every Pokemon site will have the champion's name in the topic titles. Hopefully the game has soooooo much content those that deliberately spoil will be too active doing...

Battle Frontier, PWT, post-game Kalos (or somewhere else), since it's Hawaii I expect a chain of islands with some of them post-game, new Episodes etc. If this is the same lame short first set as usual I will be VERY dissapointed. Hopefully any intended 3rd set Kalos extras will be added to a post game area. I mean...it's taking all this time, it can't just be a short XY type game...right? Reassure me, Serebii.

Litten. Fire and Dark (eventually) is an obvious guess. Also, I'm pretty sure Hawaii has scary wild cats which future forms are probably based on.

Hosted at bulbapediaSerebii.net your number one source of pokemon information, generated from Serebii's advance japanesse copy (why he ain't bothered by the 5 day wait)

:heh:

Edited by Agent Gibbs
Automerged Doublepost

So many interesting theories about the starters from the circus trope to alchemy. Can't wait to see the other native Alola pokemon and new evolutions.