NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Hope it's just another 2 minute Direct with 3 seconds of footage.

Delayed my lunch break so I can catch this news. Hopefully it will deliver something interesting.

:bouncy:

@RedShell are you in for the cat starter? :D

I see Europe gets the game 5 days later than the US. 23rd November release date for us. :(

Edited by Hero-of-Time
Automerged Doublepost

Gonna have to drop water for the first time ever, that fire starter is amazing.

Gonna have to drop water for the first time ever, that fire starter is amazing.

Fire cat or grass owl for me. I can't believe the owl turned out to be true. :D

Delayed my lunch break so I can catch this news. Hopefully it will deliver something interesting.

:bouncy:

@RedShell are you in for the cat starter? :D

I see Europe gets the game 5 days later than the US. 23rd November release date for us. :(

Ahhhh bless you H-O-T for always having the links to the good schtuffs! :bouncy::bouncy:

Definitely freaking GRASS/FLYING for me! And there you have it, dat Nintendo magic recapturing my soul.

Edited by King_V
Automerged Doublepost

I can see the grass starter being Pidgeot level cool after evolving... Probably won't be a speedster though, but a bulky flying type is always a good thing. I wonder what that bubble water move is - maybe a move like freeze-Dry? (Water dealing super damage to grass)

Here's a bunch of PR stuff.

London, UK– May 10, 2016 – The Pokémon Company International has unveiled the first details of the highly anticipated titles Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, starting with a first look at three new first-partner Pokémon and the packaging. Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will launch in Europe on November 23, exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS family of systems.

Following in the tradition of previous games in the Pokémon series, players choose one of three special Pokémon to be their first partner. These are among the first Pokémon players will encounter in the game. In Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, players will be able to choose between the newly discovered Grass- and Flying-type Pokémon Rowlet, Fire-type Litten, and Water-type Popplio.

For a Pokémon Trainer, knowing the Pokémon types and how they match up against one another in battle is vital. Grass-type Pokémon are strong against Water types, but weak against Fire types. Fire-type Pokémon are strong against Grass types and weak against Water types. And Water-type Pokémon are strong against Fire types, but weak against Grass types.

Meet the three new first-partner Pokémon that will join Trainers on their adventures in the upcoming Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games!

Name: Rowlet

Category: Grass Quill Pokémon

Height: 1 ’00 ”

Weight: 3.3 lbs.

Type: Grass/Flying

Starting Move: Leafage

The first of the potential partners is the highly adaptable Grass Quill Pokémon, Rowlet. This Pokémon can fly silently through the skies, sneaking up on its opponent without being noticed. It can attack its opponents using powerful kicks, and it can also attack from a distance using the razor-sharp leaves that form part of its feathers. Rowlet can survey its environment and turn its neck nearly 180 degrees from front to back, so it can see directly behind itself. When in battle, Rowlet turns its head to face its Trainer when waiting for instructions.

Name: Litten

Category: Fire Cat Pokémon

Height: 1 ’04 ”

Weight: 9.5 lbs.

Type: Fire

Starting Move: Ember

The cool-headed Fire Cat Pokémon, Litten, is the next choice for a first-partner Pokémon. Litten’s fur is rich in oils and is immensely flammable. It constantly grooms itself by licking its coat, collecting loose fur into balls. It then ignites these hairballs to create fireball attacks. When the time comes for Litten to molt, it burns off all of its fur in one glorious blaze.

Name: Popplio

Category: Sea Lion Pokémon

Height: 1 ’04 ”

Weight: 16.5 lbs.

Type: Water

Starting Move: Water Gun

The third possibility is the acrobatic Sea Lion Pokémon, Popplio. Popplio can create balloons made of water from its nose and utilize them to create a variety of different strategies and attacks in battle. This Pokémon is better at moving in the water than on land, and can swim at speeds over 25 mph. On land, it uses the elasticity of the balloons it creates to perform jumps and acrobatic stunts.

A brand-new trailer that showcases these three new partner Pokémon, brand new game play in action and the package art can be found here: http://bit.ly/1VRCJ25

More information and details about Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon will be unveiled throughout the course of 2016.

They all look great! So hard to choose between them. It seems to confirm that it'll be uncompromised on the original 3DS and 2DS which would be great, I was worried we'd get another 'Hyrule Warriors' situation with this.

Grass owl as starter for real! Cool type combo, plus I'm a sucker for owls.

And now we wait...

I first read their battle cries as their names and thought "what kind of names are these!?" at first.

I liked the art HoT posted. Nice to see them in action rather than just...stood there.

I always go water, but I can't resist that fire kitten. Sorry sea lion.

That's if I bother with this one - never finished Y! But I know I'll probably get sucked in!

Dog-Sea Lion for the win.

Very strange starters though... they seem uncharacteristic of the region. I don't really expect to go to 'Hawaii' and find an Owl, Cat and Dog Pokémon new for the Pokedex.

But anyway. Looks really nice visually. Pokémon could move around a little more instead of just being sat there.

I thought I'd probably go with Moon... but Sun Lion over Moon Bat!

Disappointing to see that there's slowdown even in the trailer when the Legendaries are on screen. I take it they're not new Nintendo 3DS enhanced.

litten-large.png

rowlet-large.png

popplio-large.png

I normally don't like the new Pokemon but the first 2 are pretty decent (particularly the owl).

The water Pokemon, however...looks dogshit.

Kinda wish they went back to the artist who did the original Pokemon. They always looked more artistic/drawn (with nice shading)/and less CGI.

I normally don't like the new Pokemon but the first 2 are pretty decent (particularly the owl).

The water Pokemon, however...looks dogshit.

Kinda wish they went back to the artist who did the original Pokemon. They always looked more artistic/drawn (with nice shading)/and less CGI.

As far as I'm aware, Ken Sugimori is still the one drawing up these designs, or at the very least is an advisor. Going to have to check now...

As far as I'm aware, Ken Sugimori is still the one drawing up these designs, or at the very least is an advisor. Going to have to check now...

You are correct.

Pokémon have never all been designed by the same person. There's a group of them who come up with concepts and designs, and then Mr. Sugimori does the final artwork for them.

I like the designs of all these starters, the dog dolphin seal thing is my favourite. As far as Ken Sugimori is concerned, I just miss the old watercolour art-style which I think was his style/influence.

pokemon-retro-pikachu-136383968511003901-131009110026.jpg:love:

Edited by Josh64

I like the designs of all these starters, the dog dolphin seal thing is my favourite. As far as Ken Sugimori is concerned, I just miss the old watercolour art-style which I think was his style/influence.

pokemon-retro-pikachu-136383968511003901-131009110026.jpg:love:

Yep, that's what I was getting at. Just looked a lot nicer/rustic and less CGI-like/clean.

Still kind of annoyed Europe end up on the back end of the stick. Again.

5 days later, a Wednesday release? And what's the reasoning behind that? Delayed ORAS release, delayed SM release...

I'm sure they have their reasons, but at the very least, share some with the fans to console them.

Still kind of annoyed Europe end up on the back end of the stick. Again.

5 days later, a Wednesday release? And what's the reasoning behind that? Delayed ORAS release, delayed SM release...

I'm sure they have their reasons, but at the very least, share some with the fans to console them.

Italian & French retailers broke the streetdate for X & Y by 2 weeks. Iwata was pissed, now Europe suffers.