NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Been looking at the screen captures I posted last Friday, and I'm starting to notice something. Now, I've been in camp Hawaii drinking the Kool Aid for a while now, and writing the bird off as a red-crested cardinal.

However, take another look at these two images in particular:

Over-the-shoulder look at the bird's head;

A wire-framed profile of a bird;

Looking at these two images now, I'm noticing that the 'tuft' on the heads of the birds are completely different. Looking at image one, the head of the bird is clearly very round, with a tiny curved 'tuft' at the back of the top of its head. In comparison, in the second image, we can see that the very same 'tuft' is massively elongated, adding an unrecognisable curvature to the shape of the head, leading to a head length increase of 50% to 75%, a massive change in size.

Taking a closer look at the beaks, we can see that in image one, the bird has a straight and short, albeit pointed, beak. However, image two seems to show a somewhat curved beak.

What I'm getting at here is the possibility that these two images are of two different birds, either before the bird in image two was altered to be the bird in image one, or, alternatively...they're two different Pokémon.

A closer look at an image that flashes on-screen for a moment too is that of the designer working on these designs. However, a closer look depicts a more sudden change in covert size between levels, whereas the previous images depicted a much more gradual shift in size:

Wing-span we get to see at forefront (previous image):

What we see in the trailer:

A closer look:

Just thought I'd give it a mention, and though I don't feel confident in my latter argument, I feel pretty confident with the former one.

EDIT: also, @Serebii, a quick question if you don't mind? I remember much of the post-M18 hype relating to a certain Core and Zygarde, and though the movie posters have been revealed and we've gone from Zygarde vs Volcanion to I don't know what, with the Core being in the Pikachu short I assume, has it been confirmed that the Zygarde tease for XY&Z was in relation to M19 or the anime? Just remembered the whole Core thing (I think the argument on some forums went: GEN VII CONFIRMED) being leaked out at the end of last year's movie is all.

Edited by Julius Caesar

EDIT: also, @Serebii, a quick question if you don't mind? I remember much of the post-M18 hype relating to a certain Core and Zygarde, and though the movie posters have been revealed and we've gone from Zygarde vs Volcanion to I don't know what, with the Core being in the Pikachu short I assume, has it been confirmed that the Zygarde tease for XY&Z was in relation to M19 or the anime? Just remembered the whole Core thing (I think the argument on some forums went: GEN VII CONFIRMED) being leaked out at the end of last year's movie is all.

That really is the question haha. There's a load of Zygarde merch coming for the movie too, including 50% and Complete Forme.

The poster has the Zygarde Core that travels with the gang be in 10% Forme, too.

CcnLT41WEAEum_S.jpg:orig

It's quite odd

That really is the question haha. There's a load of Zygarde merch coming for the movie too, including 50% and Complete Forme.

The poster has the Zygarde Core that travels with the gang be in 10% Forme, too.

CcnLT41WEAEum_S.jpg:orig

It's quite odd

Very strange, as was that recent trailer depicting the villain carrying out multiple Mega Evolutions using his staff. Seems to be following Xerosic's dress sense with the design of those goggles...

I haven't watched a Pokémon film since the 10th movie I think it was, the one with Darkrai. I am now thoroughly excited for this upcoming instalment.

What if those are male and female version of the same bird pokemon?

I like the thinking, the general body shape seems to be the same. I took my original idea to Gamexplain, and well...

Ok, can someone tell me what on earth that Pokémon with a Stargate donut on its back is all about!...

Ok, can someone tell me what on earth that Pokémon with a Stargate donut on its back is all about!...

That's Volcanion, the last of the Pokemon ro be distributed in Gen 6 and the first Fire/Water type Pokemon.

That Donut is two pipes that can seperate and shoot boiling water.

Here's the trailer for the movie featuring it and the first Sun/Moon Pokémon we know of

Here's the trailer for the movie featuring it and the first Sun/Moon Pokémon we know of

Is Magearna a living mechanical Pokeball created by that "Leonardo Davinci" bloke to capture and use Volcanion's steampunk powers (power source) for the city? That's my "don't know japanese, makes random fan crap up" fan answer.

Huh. Someone think Sun and Moon will be about Human-Pokemon fusion like that manga because the crystal in the logo is similar to Heart Burst. That might explain why Ash-Greninja is a thing.

Huh. Someone think Sun and Moon will be about Human-Pokemon fusion like that manga because the crystal in the logo is similar to Heart Burst. That might explain why Ash-Greninja is a thing.

what is going on in the manga now? jesus that was odd enough in Digimon let alone pokemon

what is going on in the manga now? jesus that was odd enough in Digimon let alone pokemon

The Manga is called Pokemon Reburst. Apparently the Trainer can fuse with a pokemon to gain their powers and immunities.

Yeah no.

ReBURST got canned because it wasn't popular. People are just looking at "that's diamond shaped and this was diamond shaped so clearly this is that".

Also, Ash-Greninja isn't a fusion.

...this theory is almost a month old.

It might be a spin on it, but I don't think we'll get direct fusions between humans and Pokémon. Yet. 20 years time? Perhaps.

Could probably be an evolution form brought on by closeness with a Pokémon in Amie or something similar to that. Perhaps maxed out Super Training and Amie so that the player and Pokémon are "one"?

Just spitballing. Definitely don't take this seriously.

This comment made me LTFO at work. :grin:

Yeah no.

ReBURST got canned because it wasn't popular. People are just looking at "that's diamond shaped and this was diamond shaped so clearly this is that".

Also, Ash-Greninja isn't a fusion.

People are creating the same shit from an item in Pokken too. The theories are nonsense but I'm not going to deny the possibility of it, mega evolution was completely unexpected to pretty much every one, Pokemon fusion isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility.

Personally, I'd like to see cross species Pokemon. Or at least slight changes in colour if bred with a Pokemon from a different species.

People are creating the same shit from an item in Pokken too. The theories are nonsense but I'm not going to deny the possibility of it, mega evolution was completely unexpected to pretty much every one, Pokemon fusion isn't exactly out of the realm of possibility.

Personally, I'd like to see cross species Pokemon. Or at least slight changes in colour if bred with a Pokemon from a different species.

When they did Spiky Eared Pichu, I was certain it was going to the point where a Pokémon would take aesthetic changes from the father when breeding, so the Spiky-Eared Pichu would have like a Buneary father or something. I even prepped a system that showed possible Egg Moves for each possibility.

Shame that never came to be.

Edited by Serebii

As difficult as having sprites for all 650 Pokemon crossed with each other would be, they could do it by limiting what can mate with what, and do it like in real life where a cross breed ends up being sterile and can't breed to make second generation cross breeds.

Other than that, it sounds like a fantastic idea. Especially if you got randomly generated specs/move lists on the new cross bred Pokemon.

When they did Spiky Eared Pichu, I was certain it was going to the point where a Pokémon would take aesthetic changes from the father when breeding, so the Spiky-Eared Pichu would have like a Buneary father or something. I even prepped a system that showed possible Egg Moves for each possibility.

Shame that never came to be.

I remember you speculating about genetic variations at the time actually, it would have been an interesting addition to the series and help make non-legendary/shiny Pokémon more unique and worthwhile catching. I still think it'd make an interesting addition now... I suppose it's possible, how many variations are possible for Vivillion and Spinda?

I remember you speculating about genetic variations at the time actually, it would have been an interesting addition to the series and help make non-legendary/shiny Pokémon more unique and worthwhile catching. I still think it'd make an interesting addition now... I suppose it's possible, how many variations are possible for Vivillion and Spinda?

According to the Pokedex, it's less likely than 1 in 4 billion that you'll catch a Spinda with the same pattern. According to Bulbapedia (sorry Joe), are 4,294,967,296 variants. Double that if we count shiny Pokémon (though this would obviously dramatically decrease the likelihood even more).

As for Vivillion, I believe we're currently on twenty variants.

I remember wanting more stuff like the notched ear Pichu. Scruffy fur Umbreon, smooth fur Jolteon, gold plated Electrode, great-ball Voltorb, dual colour striped Basculin, chocolate whip Vannilite etc. Ahhhhh the potential. It's just another nice easy new element (to implement) to the collecting aspect. A nice little rare treat (since cheaters spoiled shinies rareness).

Footage due next week. Should please @Julius Caesar

Huh? Why me specifically?

It should please everyone!

i can't believe I actually called that we'd get something on the Sunday Japanese show before the next CoroCoro, seems like everyone forgot that this is what they almost always do!

You've said a few times people aren't talking about it enough, so new footage should boost conversation :)

You've said a few times people aren't talking about it enough, so new footage should boost conversation :)

Gotcha.

One week until we have something (I really hope) to talk about guys