NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Well we got very little but the concept art seemed nice, vehicles seems an interesting touch, wonder if they will be stationary objects? (like that damn van that mew was hidden under :p) or will they form part of cut scenes/events? it would be nice to see more of the public services it say's Pokemon were involved in in the various pokedex entries

more info is surely coming in corocoro (or whatever its called)

Yep, it's called CoroCoro. My immediate thoughts were:

1) Officer Jenny in-game? The International Police (Looker)?

2) Surely they'll help out either against the evil team or limiting the damage they do.

@Serebii, do you think it's possible that the New 3DS exclusive feature will be changing the camera angle (as in the 3DS remaster of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) through use of the console exclusive C-stick?

2) Surely they'll help out either against the evil team or limiting the damage they do.

@Serebii, do you think it's possible that the New 3DS exclusive feature will be changing the camera angle (as in the 3DS remaster of Zelda: Ocarina of Time) through use of the console exclusive C-stick?

is-this-real-life-700x493.jpg

Nah seriously, excuse my drunken stare, but, welcome to the forums. Nice to have a new person with interesting things to say on the forum.

is-this-real-life-700x493.jpg

Nah seriously, excuse my drunken stare, but, welcome to the forums. Nice to have a new person with interesting things to say on the forum.

Thanks for the greetings!

Yeah, that was grasping at straws. From the looks of things and the unsubstantial amount of evidence, I'm getting a Hawaiian or Chinese vibe.

Hopefully here to stay!

Edited by Julius Caesar

Let me guess:

-Team day and team night both trying to find/reanimate two all powerful legendary Pokemon no one has ever heard of before.

-You start in a 'town' with about 3 buildings, one probably containing a Pokemon professor who gives you a choice of a fire, water or grass Pokemon.

-There's a big hub city with some gimmicky smoke & mirrors stuff going on to make it seem way bigger, when in actual fact it'll have less explorable area than Saffron City.

-Only you can save the world from impending doom.

-Most old Pokemon will be locked away until you beat the game, then you'll unlock a new area and it'll be like there is a sudden Pokemon refugee crisis from neighbouring regions.

-Another new electric rodent Pokemon, but Pikachu will still take centre stage in all the marketing.

-Even more new legendaries than the previous generation.

No doubt I'll still get the new game and enjoy playing through it. I just wish Game Freak would show much more ambition than just new graphics and tweaks to mechanics that only Video Game Championship players really care about. I guess that won't happen until sales start tanking.

Thanks for the greetings!

Yeah, that was grasping at straws. From the looks of things and the unsubstantial amount of evidence, I'm getting a Hawaiian or Chinese vibe.

Hopefully here to stay!

Man. I could eat a Hawaiin right now. With a garlic and herb dip.

Let me guess:

-Team day and team night both trying to find/reanimate two all powerful legendary Pokemon no one has ever heard of before.

-You start in a 'town' with about 3 buildings, one probably containing a Pokemon professor who gives you a choice of a fire, water or grass Pokemon.

-There's a big hub city with some gimmicky smoke & mirrors stuff going on to make it seem way bigger, when in actual fact it'll have less explorable area than Saffron City.

-Only you can save the world from impending doom.

-Most old Pokemon will be locked away until you beat the game, then you'll unlock a new area and it'll be like there is a sudden Pokemon refugee crisis from neighbouring regions.

-Another new electric rodent Pokemon, but Pikachu will still take centre stage in all the marketing.

-Even more new legendaries than the previous generation.

No doubt I'll still get the new game and enjoy playing through it. I just wish Game Freak would show much more ambition than just new graphics and tweaks to mechanics that only Video Game Championship players really care about. I guess that won't happen until sales start tanking.

Some are thinking as far as an abolition of EVs and IVs. It would certainly open the door for many more competitive battlers (and we'd all have the same if not very similar tools then, and it will be down to skill and our "friendship" stuff introduced in XY which I haven't looked into since).

As for legendary Pokémon...we only got three new ones upon release at the start of the last (?) generation. Shouldn't be too hard to have more than that.

Looking at it again, that hotel could be a Water type gym, and as opposed to the Gen VI notion of standalone gyms, we could return to the Gen V notion of doubling a place of interest up as a gym.

I mean, a Horsea water fountain, a Horsea flag, paintings of Spheal, Staryu, Chinchou, and then a painting of Horsea (from left to right). On the right of the building behind the tree you can make out what look to be pincers, Krabby perhaps?

If this is indeed the case, I'd have to assume that this gym would be rather early in the game due to no evolved Water types being evident.

Thoughts?

Regardless of anything else...that was a pretty dreadful reveal.

Tidbits, though.

1) Water gym, likely. In a tropical area.

2) Flying type woodpecker or hummingbird, clearly first form, so has at least two forms.

3) Game versions likely include exclusive Lunatone/Solrock Megas.

4) Is that some sort of ratty ghost mansion you can see peeking in one pic?

5) Transport. Just a more indepth world/details or functional use? One clearly has a Blastoise in it, the truck has a fat man and a girl, what looks like Machamp but...looks odd, what is Furfrou or Froslass, I think, one in the background god only knows (Blissey?)

6) Single floor Pokecentres.

It's not much, is it?

Regardless of anything else...that was a pretty dreadful reveal.

Tidbits, though.

1) Water gym, likely. In a tropical area.

2) Flying type woodpecker or hummingbird, clearly first form, so has at least two forms.

3) Game versions likely include exclusive Lunatone/Solrock Megas.

4) Is that some sort of ratty ghost mansion you can see peeking in one pic?

5) Transport. Just a more indepth world/details or functional use? One clearly has a Blastoise in it, the truck has a fat man and a girl, what looks like Machamp but...looks odd, what is Furfrou or Froslass, I think, one in the background god only knows (Blissey?)

6) Single floor Pokecentres.

It's not much, is it?

Better than nothing, and we'll have more soon I'm sure. It looks like Machamp, Furfrou and Wobbufett in the back of the truck.

The whole fact that the game's codename is Niji (Rainbow) bugging me and it just hit me. Bifrost aka Rainbow Bridge in Norse Mythology. Or they are gonna adding Rainbow to the weather effect/moves or using Ho-Oh again. XD

The whole fact that the game's codename is Niji (Rainbow) bugging me and it just hit me. Bifrost aka Rainbow Bridge in Norse Mythology. Or they are gonna adding Rainbow to the weather effect/moves or using Ho-Oh again. XD

Well, what we have is rather inconclusive. However, the more I look at it the more I see Hawaii:

1) the number plates having rainbows (look closely at the plates of the truck https://m.imgur.com/account/GamingNews101/images/RA2sChC )... http://www.15q.net/hi.html

2) that lady in XY talked of somewhere in the world where a waterfall flows backwards. I believe she could be referencing Waipuhia Falls, in Oahu, Hawaii.

http://onlyinhawaii.org/upside-waterfall-oahu-hawaii/

3) the Strange Souvenir. Though many had it vetted as relating to Rayquaza (Hoenn would fit the description of a far off land), it doesn't look a thing like Rayquaza and could easily be in reference to Hawaiian Tiki masks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiki

4) looking now at the vehicles, a quick search for "Hawaiian ambulances" and "Hawaiian fire trucks" shows that the art shown is very similar to the real-life versions in Hawaii.

I'm still stunned about this being Gen 7, there's still a crapload of stuff in Gen 6 to do

Guess it just means Zygarde may have a role in these games?

I really hope the graphics have a complete overhaul. Couldn't get into XY because of it. Part of my problem is the colours look so washed out.

And the design feels like it's lost character. I know the style they've gone for give's a sprite from any angle or whatever but it feels like it's lost personality.

Pikachu_zps2hukpnag.jpg

Did they even say it was coming to 3DS? I mean right now speculation on the NX flips between the first release being a console or Handheld (or hybrid based around the OS)

So are we thinking too small a scale?

Could this be a dual system game? could it be considerably larger than previous games and hence the GEN up?

Could this be the way to get the console pokemon people want but also keep that pocket element of a handheld?

I'm still stunned about this being Gen 7, there's still a crapload of stuff in Gen 6 to do

I can't get over this as well, unless the whole Zygarde thing was supposed to be anime exclusive?

Or, this could harken back to Gold And Silver that were direct sequels to the generation beforehand, could generation VII still be linked to Kalos?

Better than nothing, and we'll have more soon I'm sure. It looks like Machamp, Furfrou and Wobbufett in the back of the truck.

Yeah... I'm not a fan of the 'better than nothing' acceptance of a poor direct - we KNOW its been 20 years, we KNOW what games have been released. Really annoying to have to freeze frame to find the information we actually need/want. Really won't be anticipating these directs any longer...

So they better step up at E3.

If it is a new gen, why would they put it on the aged 3DS?

You have to remember that although we've had the 3DS for five years, we've only been getting 3DS Pokémon games for half that time (two and a half years). XYORAS were a step up in graphics from Gen V, due mainly to a completely new engine, and I expect SM to be much more refined.

Remember, BW2 were released eight years after the DS was released, and Gen V was a refinement of the engine introduced in Gen IV. Considering what we see of multiple angles of the Pokémon Centre and considering the C-stick is New 3DS exclusive, I'd like to think we'd be able to change the camera angle ourselves in these games.

Very rarely have I ever seen Serebii that he was stunned by Pokémon news, that just emphasises how much of a deviation from the previous route they seem to be taking.

As for Zygarde, at first glance, on its Perfect Form it has 5 shapes, one being white, one being X blue, one being Y red...and rather interestingly, one being very similar to Sun orange and the other to Moon blue. I think we could see Kalos as post-game content (or, perhaps, and I hope not: even Hoenn).

Did they even say it was coming to 3DS? I mean right now speculation on the NX flips between the first release being a console or Handheld (or hybrid based around the OS)

So are we thinking too small a scale?

Could this be a dual system game? could it be considerably larger than previous games and hence the GEN up?

Could this be the way to get the console pokemon people want but also keep that pocket element of a handheld?

It's coming to 3DS. If them opening a 3DS at the end of the announcement wasn't enough, it even says so on the site (scroll down to "platform" below the article): http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/

Edited by Julius Caesar

I really hope the graphics have a complete overhaul. Couldn't get into XY because of it. Part of my problem is the colours look so washed out.

And the design feels like it's lost character. I know the style they've gone for give's a sprite from any angle or whatever but it feels like it's lost personality.

Pikachu_zps2hukpnag.jpg

They went with these colours to go with the watercolour-esque style of the official artwork by Ken Sugimori.

25.png

Because Game Freak suck when it comes to coping with new hardware.

There's a very good reason why G/S and B/W are among the best.

Pikachu_zps2hukpnag.jpg

I can understand where you're coming from, but I have to disagree on this point.

And here's my evidence.

Mystery Dungeon has some great animations!

Because that's what they usually do (see Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal and Black/White)

And like others have said, the second games on the same hardware (Gen 2, Gen 5) are usually the best, because they don't have to start from zero on new hardware :)

They went with these colours to go with the watercolour-esque style of the official artwork by Ken Sugimori.

25.png

Yeah, it hasn't translated well.

I think it has

Well, if we're throwing opinions around.

I think it actually depends on the Pokemon.

Pikachu is one that doesn't look great. But Feraligatr looks just fine.

I don't think you can put a blanket statement like "every Pokemon looks bad" because not every Pokemon does.

I'll tell you what does look bad though, Xatu and Eelektross.

Their posing in the 3DS games irritates me. It just flies in the face of their design.

Xatu looks better standing upright, damnit!

Any good ideas for new Pokémon?

I've always wanted a killer whale Pokémon (Kyogre doesn't count in my books), a distinct black and white Pokémon.

Oooh can't wait for new Pokémon, as long as theres creativity, I'll always be drawn to new Pokes.

Well, if we're throwing opinions around.

I think it actually depends on the Pokemon.

Pikachu is one that doesn't look great. But Feraligatr looks just fine.

I don't think you can put a blanket statement like "every Pokemon looks bad" because not every Pokemon does.

I'll tell you what does look bad though, Xatu and Eelektross.

Their posing in the 3DS games irritates me. It just flies in the face of their design.

Xatu looks better standing upright, damnit!

Yeah, the fact most Flying-types are in a constant state of flight irks me