NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

The direct was as dull and pointless as the games...

How can you say that!

We literally know nothing about the games :heh:

To be honest, was there really a need for a direct to basically confirm the new games?

Well, Serebii is obviously updating his site and he's put the Sun & Moon page under a Gen VII Header.

I think he's finally convinced.

And done. Danke.

No problem :)

Well, Serebii is obviously updating his site and he's put the Sun & Moon page under a Gen VII Header.

I think he's finally convinced.

I think he has every right to be; http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/

"New world, new Pokémon and new adventures". From the art it even feels like a different gen (especially with the introduction of emergency services, what look like motels/resorts and Pokémon centre redesigns)

Edited by Julius Caesar

And done. Danke.

OI! My Charmander and I want a word with you and your questionable taste in starters.

Doesn't matter though. I'm getting Yellow, so I'll end up with all three.

Ner ner ner ner ner ner ner ner!

OI! My Charmander and I want a word with you and your questionable taste in starters.

Haha, after that announcement I'm buying all three. Time to complete the Kanto part of the Pokédex (all fingers crossed for eventual GSC VC)

Water beats fire.

Bring it.

ash-spins-his-hat.gif

Lack of footage was very disappointing. Confirmation of being right about RBY transfers being possible makes up for that nicely though :)

Chinese language support is awesome to see too!

In fairness we found out so little that's there's not really anything to talk about again...

Water beats fire.

Bring it.

ash-spins-his-hat.gif

Ah, but this be Gen 1. And Gen 1 be insanely borked.

Those in the know know that Speed trumps all!

And Charizard is bottled lightning compared to Blastoise. Couple that with Fire Spin shenanigans and poor Turtle Tank doesn't have a hope!

BS crits and broken moves all the way to the bank! That's the way to go!

(Even Smogon claims that Blastoise is the weakest Gen 1 starter. That said, I still like Blastoise)

Edited by Glen-i

No problem :)

I think he has every right to be; http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/pokemon-sun-and-pokemon-moon/

"New world, new Pokémon and new adventures". From the art it even feels like a different gen (especially with the introduction of emergency services, what look like motels/resorts and Pokémon centre redesigns)

"New world, new Pokemon and new adventures" does that mean new gen? I'm not even sure what counts as new gen in Pokemon (I'm sure Serebii knows). If it continues XY background story...but features new region/new Pokemon (region next to Kalos...and maybe even features Kalos) and reuses XY/ORAS engine...what DOES it count as? I guess you could see it like the Gold/Silver situation (since that reuses engine, new region, new mon, continues background story and has region before) so I guess if we consider THAT a totally new gen to the gen before, we'd have to consider this one, too. It doesn't neccessarily have to be 100% new story and completely new engine to count as a new gen. Right, Serebii...?

If it does by some chance completely ditch XY and unresolved story/uncatched Mon and isn't the third set of gen 6, I'll be honest...I'll feel short-changed here. I know some people dislike the third set concept, but it was a chance to refine things and get loads of extra content and finish story straggles off, and each gen they were continualy getting more and more new extra stuff (to the point new Mon/region were next on the list). Part of me still hopes this is set 3 that got so expansive it fell off the deep end.

I think the engine will be improved for NEW 3DS, though. Lunatone/Solrock Megas are inevitable and version exclusive. I guess that gets people deciding on THEIR version already... Maybe Mega Sunflora and Mega Clefable, too?

Edited by Mr_Master_X2

So it was discovered this morning that the original URL for the Pokemon Sun and Moon logos had the name "Niji" instead of the version names.

So, looks like the leaks were correct after all. Fucking hell.

So it was discovered this morning that the original URL for the Pokemon Sun and Moon logos had the name "Niji" instead of the version names.

So, looks like the leaks were correct after all. Fucking hell.

ZELDA FOR THE NX WHICH IS THIS YEAR BRUH

ZELDA FOR THE NX WHICH IS THIS YEAR BRUH

To be fair, although it was one guy posting, it was actually two different sources of his wasn't it? One was the marketing person, one was a developer with the zelda/nx news

To be fair, although it was one guy posting, it was actually two different sources of his wasn't it? One was the marketing person, one was a developer with the zelda/nx news

No, I'm sure it was the same guy. He talked about marketing for the Wii U in reference to Zelda remember?

No, I'm sure it was the same guy. He talked about marketing for the Wii U in reference to Zelda remember?

Yeah but I guess I presumed that Zelda was an opinionated tag on.

Yeah but I guess I presumed that Zelda was an opinionated tag on.

Well, considering he's got this and a Disney game right, I'd assume he managed to keep opinion out of it. NX AND SUN/MOON HYPE MY PUG-PICTURED FRIEND

Well we got very little but the concept art seemed nice, vehicles seems an interesting touch, wonder if they will be stationary objects? (like that damn van that mew was hidden under :p) or will they form part of cut scenes/events? it would be nice to see more of the public services it say's Pokemon were involved in in the various pokedex entries

more info is surely coming in corocoro (or whatever its called)