NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

The full Direct was made available on Youtube before it was aired, so it technically was, I remember because I skipped ahead of the live feed.

I must have missed that as my PC had just exploded haha

Actually, seeing as how Pokemon OR/AS ripped off the first Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game. I want them to go further.

They should rip off what Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon did with Hypnosis.

It initially does the same thing, puts Pokemon to sleep, but if someone hit you with Hypnosis while you're asleep, they could control you for a turn.

I thought that was really cool.

I want them to rip off PMD more really.

Yeah, but then everyone would think that they're in alliance with Marks & Spencer.

I think you're the only person in the world who wants them to be like Mystery Dungeon :p

Anyway, looking forward to seeing what changes they've made, even though I never actually finished Y. I enjoyed it, but just drifted away from it and never went back to finish.

In the event this does turn out to be that these games are legit, it's still unknown as to whether or not they'll finish Gen VI or start VII (though I think finishing VI makes a lot more sense).

Also, assuming these are the games, then that "leaked list" is certainly fake.

I'm hoping we're still in Gen VI (Gen VII makes no sense at this point), and have a number of theories. For example, the lighter colours prominent on Zygarde's perfect form - orange and a lighter blue - could be an indication that they are somehow connected. If Zygarde is protecting the ecosystem, that ecosystem depends on the Sun and Moon (the day and night cycle), as well as life (Xerneas) and death (Yveltal). Though, I'd expect a Sun and Moon Pokémon to be stronger.

Onto the region. We still have no idea how the Strange Souvenir is connected to anything - in fact talk of it has died down. But many South American civilisations - such as the Mayans and Aztecs - used the Sun and Moon for a number of solar system related stuff, and some even praised them. The Strange Souvenir does give off a South American/tribal vibe, too.

Italy, too, are renowned for sciences - especially with scientists such as Galileo looking up to the Sun and Moon to find new planets and so on. Not only that, in relation to the real world, it isn't too Farfetch'd that we could return to France (Kalos) from these locations: the only thing between France and South America is a small puddle called the Atlantic Ocean (which AZ could have crossed on his travels I'm sure), and France is directly in contact with Italy, being divided by the Alps.

Though still unconfirmed, and even if it's fake, this has me more excited for tomorrow's event!

Zygarde likes the sun.

CcE2Qd9WEAAH_Sb.jpg

It regenerates it

I've missed a lot of the XYZ anime. Any other bits like this I've missed out on?

Whilst we're on the topic, the Sun and Moon can also be partnered with Life and Death in many mythologies around the world. On an interesting note, there are both Sun and Moon wolves in Norse Mythology, which X and Y Legendaries seem to have taken quite a bit of inspiration from.

If we are getting these games, I kind of expect the Sun and Moon Pokémon to be pretty strong. Anyone got ideas on typing?

I've missed a lot of the XYZ anime. Any other bits like this I've missed out on?

Whilst we're on the topic, the Sun and Moon can also be partnered with Life and Death in many mythologies around the world. On an interesting note, there are both Sun and Moon wolves in Norse Mythology, which X and Y Legendaries seem to have taken quite a bit of inspiration from.

If we are getting these games, I kind of expect the Sun and Moon Pokémon to be pretty strong. Anyone got ideas on typing?

Not anything germane to Sun & Moon from what I can see

CcE2Q4ZW0AICshU.jpg

Third game just announced.

Pokémon Stars.

You've conquered the Sun and Moon, now venture out into the farthest reaches of the galaxy and battle for the Stars. It is only in the darkest part of space that you'll discover the brightest light, held tight by a being who's DNA may well be the key to the origin of all Pokémon...

200px-Kirby.jpg

pikachu_and_kirby_by_sakikoamana.jpg

Born from the Dream Star, Pokémon #0.0 demonstrates the ability to restructure its DNA to take on the form of all Pokemon life forms who can in fact all be traced back to this celestial being...

9b2b03a285e8efd189064f3b6c41cdba.jpg

When an evil arises that threatens to destroy the Dream Star, you must join forces to save life in the universe as we know it...

il_570xN.686635209_2wrd.jpg

I don't get this Gen VI and Gen VII

Why does Gen VI need to be finished off? Whats missing?

To be honest i've not truly enjoyed a Pokemon since Gold/Silver. I love the series as a kid. I tried both Y and Omega Ruby and just struggled to get into them.

I want to love the series again but its just more of the same isnt it. Plus there is far too many Pokemon to choose from that I have no idea whats decent.

Might be tempted to try and get back into it again with x/y and omega ruby etc. I dunno.

Zygarde likes the sun.

CcE2Qd9WEAAH_Sb.jpg

It regenerates it

Not anything germane to Sun & Moon from what I can see

CcE2Q4ZW0AICshU.jpg

I mentioned the Anistar Sundial on your forums. Probably not related to Pokémon Sun and Moon, but still...it is a giant crystalline structure as opposed to the standard stone sundials we see.

Am I right in assuming that you're of a similar belief to me, in that whatever the next games (be it Sun, Moon, Night, Day, whatever) turn out to be, that they will end Gen VI as opposed to starting Gen VII?

I don't get this Gen VI and Gen VII

Why does Gen VI need to be finished off? Whats missing?

To be honest i've not truly enjoyed a Pokemon since Gold/Silver. I love the series as a kid. I tried both Y and Omega Ruby and just struggled to get into them.

I want to love the series again but its just more of the same isnt it. Plus there is far too many Pokemon to choose from that I have no idea whats decent.

Might be tempted to try and get back into it again with x/y and omega ruby etc. I dunno.

We're currently lacking

3 moves that are coded in but unused (2 for Zygarde, 1 for Floette)

1 Pokémon, revealed, but not released (Volcanion)

1 form, not revealed or released but coded in (Floette)

4 forms, revealed, not coded in (Zygarde)

Whatever Ash Greninja is

What was it about Y that didn't draw you in?

I thought X/Y were amazing progressions from the past game - of course I didn't have much hopes for an engaging storyline - but, the online, Fairy-type, visuals/Pokémon models etc etc was a pure joy. I was hooked.

Internet is funny. People moaning on the Internet about the internet leaking news early is nothing short of ridiculous.

What was it about Y that didn't draw you in?

I thought X/Y were amazing progressions from the past game - of course I didn't have much hopes for an engaging storyline - but, the online, Fairy-type, visuals/Pokémon models etc etc was a pure joy. I was hooked.

I can't put my finger on it. More of the same? The very light story?

I didn't get the fairy type. I couldn't work out what it was strong or weak against.

I loved red/blue/gold/silver. I had gold, possibly my favourite pokemon game.

I can't put my finger on it. More of the same? The very light story?

I didn't get the fairy type. I couldn't work out what it was strong or weak against.

I loved red/blue/gold/silver. I had gold, possibly my favourite pokemon game.

Fair enough man. The Fairy-types balance the over-powering Dragon-types.

If all we get tomorrow are the names and the logos I am going to be €$¥#ed.

I cannot wait for tomorrow. 17, feeling 5.

EDIT: talk of the town is, if it has anything to do with Norse mythology, it'll be these two on the covers;

http://norse-mythology.org/skoll-hati/

Edited by Julius Caesar

Solrock and Lunatone megas when? Will Moon/Sun interweave hoenn with Kalos? Can we ride Rayquaza into space? Will every region be in the game? Can we date our Pokémon? Can we supply a credit card to unlock the full, mature game complete with Pokemon Amie sexual molestation feature? Will Ditto mate with me to fill the void of lack of sexual contact with the opposite gender?

And, more importantly, can I battle Red in it?

Surprised at how quiet this thread is...

I'm just going to leave a theory here (the backpacker being the one in XY that gives you the Strange Souvenir):

Been trying to look up everything the backpacker says, but to no avail.

I'm caught on one thing he says though (other than a great facility (I don't think he ever mentions battle, we just assumed) and him being from a region other than Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova (or Kalos, as it's implied he's visiting).

Our Champion really is something else, I tell you. Ah never mind. You'll find out in due time.

The first part got me thinking, and thinking, and thinking..."our Champion really is something else".

Hate to speculate, but, this was an NPC included by GF that hinted at some unknown region (completely going off from Sun and Moon for a moment here). We know this guy travelled a lot, so at this point I'm just assuming the Strange Souvenir was something he got on his travels - it makes no sense to pick up a souvenir from your home region if you're travelling all the time. It could certainly be to do with Rayquaza. But the region is something else, and so is their Champion. It's only stated that the Strange Souvenir is from far away (Hoenn), not that he is.

So I expect strong. Like a crazy strong Champion from what he says. Who's the strongest trainer in the Pokémon games?

Red.

The timeline is a bit of a mess right now, but we can all agree that X and Y takes place after the events concerning Red in Kanto. A trainer as strong as this one is implied to be surely must have travelled far and wide, and remember, the player character becomes the Champion but cannot stay at the Pokémon League to fulfil duties as one. As in: what if Red is still travelling? He, like us and our player characters, could be the Champion of a region we haven't yet visited, but like us, continued his journey.

What I'm getting at, is that it's the 20th Anniversary this year. They did it in Johto as they thought that was where the journey ended at that point, and so it made sense to end battling the trainer we essentially created. Wouldn't it be great to see an older Red? The last time we saw him was BW2 at the Pokémon Tournament (and remember, he still hasn't aged...or changed clothes; he's clearly constantly travelling).

Surprised at how quiet this thread is...

In 15 hours time, it won't be quiet any more. :P We will find more about it over next few months via Serebii, Coro Coro Magazine and events like E3.