NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

Beat the game. Second time through the League, backed up by an armada of Full Restores and Revives and an idea of what everyone was using. In my opinion they nailed the final battle music and it is now one of my favourites in the entire series, with the battle itself adding a nice twist on what previous games had done.

Afterwards I was a bit caught out by

having to catch the legendary Tapu Koko straight after the credits. I tried my best but he broke out of every ball I tried throwing and eventually struggled to death, but I hear legendaries reset if you beat the Elite Four so I can always come back and try again later.

My final team levels were as follows:

TPFPSGt.png?1

Overall I really enjoyed this game. I think overall my only real issues with the game in my personal experience were the SOS Battles which made trying to catch Pokemon or not running from wild battles in training a real pain and the fact that some of the plot twists were a bit obvious but otherwise had a blast. This game is streets ahead of Gen 6 and may well be a contender for Greatest Pokemon game ever made, although that will definitely be a difficult one. I will see how this game's post-game stacks up against others in the series but overall I really enjoyed the game and some of the fights I thought were definitely harder than they have been before, although my failure to buy healing items throughout the game when I specifically decided to play on Set and without the Exp. Share could have spared me what might well be the first time I've ever lost to the Pokemon League in a Pokemon game.

As for the team I used, I'm not quite sure if I like it as much as other teams I've had. Tediz the Bewear was probably MVP and definitely the strongest Pokemon on there, always did well when called upon after evolution, especially when he learned Hammer Arm and became an absolute monster. Oki the Lycanroc I thought was a bit disappointing which is a shame as I really wanted to use a Rockruff on the team and for it to be my main Pokemon to deal with Fire attacks, but he really came good in the end especially when I gave him the Wide Lens and ended up as my highest level Pokemon by the end of the game. Most of these were chosen by design/background story apart from the last one which was blindly picked out when I felt I needed a Water type and I was surprised by it in the end. I also think I underestimated the strength of my Decidueye but carrying Razor Leaf for most of the game as your best Grass move was really limiting and the difference when he learned Leaf Blade was quite noticeable. Probably one of my new favourite Pokemon now.

Oh, and Raichu and Salazzle were great throughout the game too.

Solgaleo caught with an Adamant nature and Perfect Attack, Defense and Sp. Defense, along with at least 23 IV's in Speed. Took me until 6:30pm but totally worth it!

Of course, using legendaries in a playthrough is super lame, so in the PC it went!

Got to the last bit of the game, used all my rare candies and got my team to Level 56, and gunned for the finale.

15235667_1131013333683776_8153987316808792922_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Well, maybe I would have been if the game actually came out when it should of!

Nice little twist on the Champion formula, having to actually defend your title against Kukui. Although, he employs a Stealth Rock tactic, making him a no-good Smogon scrub!

Not as amazing as Black/White's Champion twist, but still enjoyable.

I can't believe they don't let you save before taking on Tapu Koko, I feel sorry for those people who catch it straight away, only to discover the nature sucks.

I've actually got the game on sleep in that fight because I'm terrified it won't respawn if I KO it. Thankfully, it does, so I'm gonna punch it's lights out and soft reset it another time

@GenericAperson, @Emerald Emblem, @King_V and anyone else who's finished. Any of you fancy a battle some time tonight? I want to see how much my team sucks!

I'm only still 5 hours in. I spent the last hour looking for a Pichu on Route 1. After a hour of rubbish I came across 5 of them in a row! Caught them all and will probably end up wonder trading them.

I am really enjoying this game though. It looks and plays so much better than Gen VI. Gen VI were also my first games since Gold/Silver so by playing Sun I can see the massive improvements.

I have never played an online match so when i'm done with the story I hope people on here are still playing.

I have never played an online match so when i'm done with the story I hope people on here are still playing.

Well, I know I'll always be available for a battle. I'll remember to convert my playthrough team to QR code, so it'd be fair.

@Glen\-i Sure, but I'm not entirely sure about my own team either aside from a few powerhouses and I'm quite average when it comes to battle strategy, so don't expect a really difficult fight from us.

@Glen\-i Sure, but I'm not entirely sure about my own team either aside from a few powerhouses and I'm quite average when it comes to battle strategy, so don't expect a really difficult fight from us.

You're talking to the guy who's got 5 Pokemon weak to Rock, I'm not exactly a pinnacle of team builds.

And despite my soft-resetting shenanigans with Solgaleo, I didn't bother with my actual playthrough team, so rubbish natures and lackluster EV spread all round!

How about 7pm? And remember to add me on your Friend list, if you haven't already.

Actually, just remembered that I'm busy all this evening, so we won't be able to do it this evening.

Maybe tomorrow though.

So I decided to try and flesh out my pokedex and started by hunting down a Pichu and first one I find...

15252690_1397201673646943_779471597390246767_o.jpg

Who jelly?

Also, can't you auto set levels to Level 50 in multiplayer matches anyway provided all the Pokemon are at least Level 50 themselves? Usually makes for a fairer matchup between someone who took their team past the levels they beat the game at and maybe even all the way to having an entire team of Level 100s and those who deposited their in-game team in the PC after beating the game for different reasons (mainly completing the Pokedex or raising a competitive team).

My team is now Level 66/67 having just completed the big post-game sidequest. But I find myself really struggling on the post game fights and the fact that the team is so slow and quite frail from some powerful attackers isn't helping. Haven't managed to get into the Battle Tree yet as even with a few levels over Red and Blue they still wipe the floor with me thanks to some great coverage. Snorlax getting High Horsepower in this game really screws over Rock and Steel types that try to wall it. Meanwhile, I find my team doesn't really learn the types of moves it needs for proper type coverage.

Might try and grind up to Level 70 before taking on the third major legendary and trying to catch it (the one that shares Solgaleo and Lunala's battle theme).

Also, can't you auto set levels to Level 50 in multiplayer matches anyway provided all the Pokemon are at least Level 50 themselves? Usually makes for a fairer matchup between someone who took their team past the levels they beat the game at and maybe even all the way to having an entire team of Level 100s and those who deposited their in-game team in the PC after beating the game for different reasons (mainly completing the Pokedex or raising a competitive team).

My team is now Level 66/67 having just completed the big post-game sidequest. But I find myself really struggling on the post game fights and the fact that the team is so slow and quite frail from some powerful attackers isn't helping. Haven't managed to get into the Battle Tree yet as even with a few levels over Red and Blue they still wipe the floor with me thanks to some great coverage. Snorlax getting High Horsepower in this game really screws over Rock and Steel types that try to wall it. Meanwhile, I find my team doesn't really learn the types of moves it needs for proper type coverage.

Might try and grind up to Level 70 before taking on the third major legendary and trying to catch it (the one that shares Solgaleo and Lunala's battle theme).

Yeah, you're right, It doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things. You can just set it to Level 50, you don't even need to be at least Level 50, it'll still raise you up.

Red was a tricky fight for my level 65-66 team. Got me down to one Pokemon, I was not ready for High Horsepower Snorlax.

It's kinda funny, the actual Pokemon he uses make for a pretty crap team competitively (Seriously, drop the Pikachu) Blue has a much more dangerous team in HG/SS, what with it being a team revolving around Trick Room.

Although you only get to fight one of them in Sun/Moon when you enter the Battle Tree. So I don't know whether Blue still goes with that strategy.

I tried the Battle Tree and yep, it's another Battle Tower... Yawn.

In fact it's not even as good now, because Triple and Rotation formats are gone.

I tried it, but my playthrough team got absolutely demolished in the first fight by a Moody Glalie.

So it basically jumps into the difficulty of Super Single Battles. Which is awful news if you just want to grind BP for the Mega Stones and items there. You need properly trained Pokemon to take that on.

The first Global Mission is up, BTW. You need an account on the Pokemon-Global Link website and Game Sync your game to it.

Gotta catch 100,000,000 Pokemon. And something tells me the world doesn't have a hope in hell. You'd think the one thing we can count on those Pokemon GO players to do is catch millions of the same Pokemon over and over again.

POKEMON STAR TRAILER LEAKED, HOLD ON TO YOUR DICKS

I need to get my hands on a Rayquazeon but I think the conditions for evolution are a little too difficult.

Well, THAT was certainly epic.

Great sequence of events just played out that's gonna make it reeeeeaal hard to put this down today.

I'm loving this game so far. I'm quite far along but I will be purchasing Sun for a second play through once I've finished Moon.

This will be the first time I've bought both games in the series since R/B/Y.

I'm wanting to go with a no starter or legendary team for my second play through. Already got a team in mind :)

#792 Lunala [Modest]

HP / Atk / Def / Sp.A / Sp.D / Spd

IVs: 30, 31 / 31 / 15, 16 / 31 / 5 / 2

Hidden Power: Psychic

Worth keeping and just bottle capping the rest if its IVs up, or should I reset?

Edited by Ike

Got a lot of trade evolutions ready for trade, anyone wanna help a brother out? If you have Moon I'll catch some sun exclusives to trade too.

Reset and got a better one, might just keep this one.

#792 Lunala [Modest]

IVs: 30, 31 / 31 / 10 / 31 / 30 / 29

Decided to use my Master Ball on the third legendary of the game. Reason being was that it was just hanging around and I've pretty much caught all the other legendaries so I didn't really feel like I necessarily needed my Master Ball anymore.

Not sure why they've kept making the third legendary Pokemon only 600 BST though. Why make something that's extremely difficult to catch overall weaker statwise than the cover legendary who is stronger and easier to catch?

Decided to use my Master Ball on the third legendary of the game. Reason being was that it was just hanging around and I've pretty much caught all the other legendaries so I didn't really feel like I necessarily needed my Master Ball anymore.

Not sure why they've kept making the third legendary Pokemon only 600 BST though. Why make something that's extremely difficult to catch overall weaker statwise than the cover legendary who is stronger and easier to catch?

Because the cover legendary has to be caught in order to progress the story.

This has been a thing ever since B/W made it mandatory to get whatever is on the cover.

Reset and got a better one, might just keep this one.

#792 Lunala [Modest]

IVs: 30, 31 / 31 / 10 / 31 / 30 / 29

Seeing as you can't breed Legendaries and you're always guaranteed three 31 IV'S. You're not losing much by bottle capping the rest.

The only real thing that gets affected is Hidden Power. And I get the feeling Lunala has plenty of better moves.

I suppose it's completely possible that Hyper Training will get dropped in future games though...

Anyway, with Red spanked and me waiting until Bank gets updated to get my actual good Pokemon, I've started catching Gen 7 and Alolan Pokemon to start filling up my Dex. Haven't bothered with Legendaries yet until I figure what natures I want to go for.

If anyone fancies a battle against my play through team, let me know before 7pm tonight, because I'll be playing MonHun then.

@Glen\-i If you're still up for a battle and if I can figure out how to match someone on my friendlist I'll give you a game. Got my full team on me at the moment, just trying to fill the Pokedex.,

EDIT: Sorry about the Stealth Rocks...

Edited by GenericAperson

@Glen\-i If you're still up for a battle and if I can figure out how to match someone on my friendlist I'll give you a game. Got my full team on me at the moment, just trying to fill the Pokedex.,

EDIT: Sorry about the Stealth Rocks...

Glad to see you figured it out. It was a good Battle! Well done!

When you requested the battle, I did think "Joe? Who the hell is Joe?" Took me a while to remember who it was.

You're not the first person who's used Stealth Rock on me. That move can do with a right nerfing, whose stupid idea was it to have it take typing into account?

It is a little annoying that you can't request a Battle unless both people are in the Festival Plaza though.

Edited by Glen-i