NEurope
Daft

Pokémon Sun/Moon

In 15 hours time, it won't be quiet any more. :P We will find more about it over next few months via Serebii, Coro Coro Magazine and events like E3.

Well technically I think Serebii will be covering the news that we're getting (also @Serebii great job today, I'm sure it's been hectic; doubt that'll be tamed in the next twenty four hours or so), but I get what you mean (though they don't usually go BIG on Pokémon at E3, especially seeing as they're gearing up for an NX announcement).

What exactly does everyone expect/want to see tomorrow, specifically concerning the new games?

I'd like a bit of footage, the cover Pokémon and the starters.

Remember this line from a NPC infront of the Sundial in Anistar city?

"Did you know that there are Moondial too?"

@Julius Caesar

I didn't realise the story was that indepth!

I hope the engine is refined, the framerate improved, story beefed up a bit, the gameplay spiced up a bit as I found Y and Omega Ruby extremely dull.

Indeed. If you look at the Sun logo, it's a compass style sundial (heavily features classical pointed sundial look). The moon logo is a crescent moon cut out of a crescent moon (albeit in the most unnatural of shapes).

@Serebii I was just thinking about that, though just quite what they could do I'm not sure.

Thanks to new 3DS hacks, people can play regular 3DS with updated clock speeds and Pokémon XY and ORAS run pretty damn well. Though it's very suspect how Nintendo didn't offer that feature themselves ;)

Thanks to new 3DS hacks, people can play regular 3DS with updated clock speeds and Pokémon XY and ORAS run pretty damn well. Though it's very suspect how Nintendo didn't offer that feature themselves ;)

Overclocking processors burns its life like crazy.

I'll be very surprised if it's not New 3DS enhanced

Same. It's a-typical of these second attempts on the same hardware to be hybrid games (GS were GBC enhanced and B/W were DSi enhanced) so I expect much the same here.

That being said, it REALLY shouldn't need to be to fix the framerate problems. Even the standard 3DS hardware is far more capable than what XY/ORAS would suggest! They're not even good looking for the hardware it's on!

A Link Between Worlds for instance looks significantly better than XY/ORAS AND effectively runs at more than 4 times the framerate while doing so (60FPS x 2 for S3D, while Gen 6 struggles to run at 30FPS in 2D only).

Never mind Capcom's own efforts on 3DS like Resident Evil Revelations or the Monster Hunter games...

Now I don't expect Game Freak to be able to reach the same standards as the likes of EAD or Capcom, but come on! They're literally getting lapped several times over! When you're trading blows with DS games in terms of fidelity...

Pokemon%20xy_zpsdisaysuh.png

Pokemon X/Y: Nintendo 3DS 2013

1292541226golden-sun-3-ds-screenshot.jpg

Golden Sun Dark Dawn: Nintendo DS 2010

pokemon-x-y-gameplay.jpg

Pokemon X/Y: Nintendo 3DS 2013

Golden%20Sun%20DD_zpssa0mwsmd.png

Golden Sun Dark Dawn: Nintendo DS 2010

... then you know you're doing something wrong!

Golden Sun Dark Dawn has more detailed backgrounds in battles as well (and more characters on screen too)

x240-LVF.jpg

pokemon-xy-gameshow-13.jpg

It also has dual screen summons that look amazing AND don't run like garbage (this is the rendering equivalent of running in S3D BTW, so it's an even more fair comparison than you might realise...)

hqdefault.jpg

Golden Sun VS Pokemon comparisons are ALWAYS funny because the former is always one whole generation ahead of the other and it never fails to make me chuckle (Nor does it fail to make @Glen\-i snicker as well, so get in here and laugh with me ;) )

Golden Sun Dark Dawn also runs significantly better as well :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

To be fair, a lot of the frame rate issues are because their models are just too complex.

Saw someone mention on Twitter and thought it was worth discussing, how do you think amiibos are going to be incorporated?

But surely the CPU runs at the higher speed when playing a New 3DS only game?

Or is that why Nintendo aren't releasing any New 3DS only games. :smile:

To be fair, a lot of the frame rate issues are because their models are just too complex.

genesect2.jpg

Pokedex 3D Pro uses the exact same models as Pokemon Gen 6 (in fact, that's where most of the models came from), has full S3D support, can handle up to 6 Pokemon onscreen simultaneously, has more detailed backgrounds, AR camera support simultaneously AND runs at a rock solid 30FPS in S3D, far better than Gen 6 on the same hardware.

What's Game Freak's excuse? ;)

Saw someone mention on Twitter and thought it was worth discussing, how do you think amiibos are going to be incorporated?

Ooh, good point! I can see them making Amiibo cards for the TCG... (they DID make eCard versions of them back in the GBA era...)

Edited by Dcubed

Overclocking processors burns its life like crazy.

It's not overclocking, it's just allowing it to run at the clock speed that the New 3DS can run at, so basically the same power afforded to Xenoblade.

But surely the CPU runs at the higher speed when playing a New 3DS only game?

Or is that why Nintendo aren't releasing any New 3DS only games. :smile:

Oh it does, but when old 3DS software is used as if it was New 3DS enhanced, the games perform so much better. Nintendo could have easily put this in.

genesect2.jpg

Pokedex 3D Pro uses the exact same models as Pokemon Gen 6 (in fact, that's where most of the models came from), has full S3D support, can handle up to 6 Pokemon onscreen simultaneously, has more detailed backgrounds, AR camera support simultaneously AND runs at a rock solid 30FPS in S3D, far better than Gen 6 on the same hardware.

What's Game Freak's excuse? ;)

The amount of animations, moves, the fact that you don't have 6 on most of the time in Pokédex 3D Pro.

Ooh, good point! I can see them making Amiibo cards for the TCG... (they DID make eCard versions of them back in the GBA era...)

Adding the chip in would actually alter the size and shape of the TCG cards and would break the game, allowing for players to be able to tell what card is which.

You mean you don't think they'll release a plastic figure for each Pokémon ;)

There is a very small part of me they'll put evolutions or wild appearances behind amiibo, but a bigger part of me doubts it.

If anything I imagine it will be used for teaching unusual moves or getting items (e.g. Pikachu might be able to teach certain Pokémon Thunder or give you a thunder stone).

(Nor does it fail to make @Glen\-i snicker as well, so get in here and laugh with me ;) )

I'll take you up on that!

Laughing-Meme-Gif-07.gif

Gen 6's framerate is always good for a laugh! I mean, it can't even outrun Pokemon Colloseum. On a console that can run DKC Returns in 3D with only a slight graphical downgrade.

Adding the chip in would actually alter the size and shape of the TCG cards and would break the game, allowing for players to be able to tell what card is which.

But surely if they reset the game again (like how you can't use the classic cards) this won't be an issue until we have RFID readers in our fingers? Not that it matters any way as the cost per card would be substantially higher and unappealing to many.

Pokemon Sun and Moon confirmed for Holiday 2016.

Edited by DriftKaiser

What we know about this game:

Supports Pokémon Bank

Supports 9 languages

SOLD!

One of the concept art show Blastoise on the back of a jeep trailer. Is it a firetruck since there are an ambulance with pokeball shaped rear door.

That unknown bird pokemon is based on the Pileated Woodpecker. :P

Edited by DriftKaiser

Yes, I remember. Posted about it here, there and everywhere years ago. Been waiting to be revealed true (hopefully) that it would be in sequel to XY with the same role as Sundial from XY, since everyone (including Serebii) laughed me off. Hopefully something to do with those new Mon statues at E4, too.

Edited by Mr_Master_X2