NEurope
Josh64

Things you should like but don't

Partly inspired by love the art, hate the artist - what things have been right up your alley and you were really looking forward to watching/playing/listening, as well as being told to countless times by friends, to only be disappointed by?

My favourite videogame series of all time is DKC. I love the first game and the second game is flawless. But the third game, despite trying to play it countless times, just does nothing for me and no matter how much I've forced myself to play and tried to enjoy it, I just can't.

I'm a big fan of the Walking Dead and was told by pretty much everyone I know that I HAVE to watch game of thrones because I'll love it but I really struggled through season 1 and didn't see the appeal at all, gave up after that.

Finally, and this is probably my own fault due to over hyping, I'm disappointed by pretty much every new album I listen to. I'll get majorly into a band, love all their music and be excited as hell for their new release to only be disappointed as hell when I first listen. This usually changes after a few listens though.

Sons of Anarchy. Everyone raves about it, seems like my kind of thing. It's painfully average. Tries to be clever but it's really not.

Coldplay, Muse and Adele. Do they count, detest them all.

Adele is awful.

I like Muse, one of my favourite bands, but their last album or two are pretty average.

I also like Coldplay, despite the reputation they get around the web. Last couple of albums don't compare to their old stuff, though.

I hate hate hate hate hate Sam Smith with an absolute passion. Everything about him, I think the world would be a better place without him. A bit harsh, maybe, and perhaps I shouldn't count him as a thing that I should like but don't, but any opportunity to say how much I hate him and his music, I will :p

I also don't get the hype with Ed Sheeran. His music is totally inoffensive, but something about him annoys me.

Sons of Anarchy. Everyone raves about it, seems like my kind of thing. It's painfully average. Tries to be clever but it's really not.

Sons of Anarchy is trash, so I wouldn't feel too bad about not liking it if I were you.

Breaking Bad.

It was alright. Worth a watch if nothing else was on.

Now this opinion, on the other hand, is offensive.

Adele is awful.

I like Muse, one of my favourite bands, but their last album or two are pretty average.

I also like Coldplay, despite the reputation they get around the web. Last couple of albums don't compare to their old stuff, though.

I hate hate hate hate hate Sam Smith with an absolute passion. Everything about him, I think the world would be a better place without him. A bit harsh, maybe, and perhaps I shouldn't count him as a thing that I should like but don't, but any opportunity to say how much I hate him and his music, I will :p

I also don't get the hype with Ed Sheeran. His music is totally inoffensive, but something about him annoys me.

This also. He's so painfully average and safe with his music, but he's just shite.

This also. He's so painfully average and safe with his music, but he's just shite.

Thank you guys! My GOD Ed Sheeran used to be good but then every single song sounds exactly the same. I want songs like You Need Me, I Don't Need You, not Thinking Out Loud.

Don't hate but the new Star Wars. LET ME EXPLAIN! It's great and it's up there with the originals but when people are telling you its the best one...it really isn't. Also, Kylo Ren is a bad bitch until he takes off the mask to reveal he's standing looking like a teenage Professor Snape wannabe. When he took that helmet off, I was thinking that he was gonna tell me he can teach me how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses :o

The Star Wars Special Editions. George, what the #%*! were you thinking! (Still a good watch though, just detracts from some of the experience).

I recently made a few purchases for my PS4, those being Battlefield 4 and Arkham Knight. BF4 SUCKS (I love Battlefront, but EA you haven't helped yourself here) and I figured Arkham Knight would be great due to the overwhelming positivity. Okay, I'm only 5% in...but it hasn't done anything to pull me back. not even being Batman

Thankyou thankyou thankyou! I'm finally not the only person to think Adele, Coldplay and Ed Sheran are over rated average musicians

Touching on Ceasar's point....The original cut of the star wars films; don't get me wrong i love them, but i think the special editions are superior in almost everyway save for two points, Han shooting last and Hayden's insert as a ghost

More recently Happy Valley - its predictable and stupid and not what people make it out to be

I love Sonic the Hedgehog, Banjo-Kazooie, Super Mario 64, Yoshi's Story and Yoshi's Woolly World.

I don't like other Mario Platformers. I hated Sunshine, thought Galaxy was just OK and got bored of Super Mario World fairly quickly.

Lord of the Rings

Very much this.

As the archetypal fantasy novel, it's the genre-definer. But as a series of novels... it's primarily extremely dull.

I'm not supposed to be liked.

You aren't? Why not? You put a lot of work into this place for us ingrates I assumed we should like you.

Also, joke killer. :mad: