NEurope
Dog-amoto

Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (December 2017)

1 hour ago, Hero-of-Time said:

Pretty meh trailer, TBH. 

At least it doesn't look like a retred of Empire.

Let's hope this one delivers

54 minutes ago, Serebii said:

At least it doesn't look like a retread of Empire.

The director of the film, Rian Johnson, on Twitter:

img_20171009_153405-jpg.40746

Hard not to love this guy :laughing:

Let's hope this one delivers

What are you implying? :p

Edited by Julius Caesar
  • Like 1

I'm glad the trailer seems to give stuff away but really hasn't. 

Got my midnight screening tickets booked! :D

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, somme said:

I'm glad the trailer seems to give stuff away but really hasn't. 

Got my midnight screening tickets booked! :D

Precisely this!

Upon first viewing it felt like way too much had been shown: wait, that happens, and that happens, and that happens? Subsequent viewings calmed my initial caution, and there are so many ways in which any one of those potentially-spoilery-but-not-spoilery events could go. Kudos to whomever cut the trailer, I think it's an absolute masterpiece (especially with how they got Rey's lightsaber-swinging sound effects to match up to the melody playing at that time).

Got my midnight tickets booked too :D I remember being extremely excited for TFA, yet somehow I'm even more excited for TLJ! 

65 days to go now...

Got a week off over Christmas, so my plan is to see this over that period.

2 hours ago, Jimbob said:

Got a week off over Christmas, so my plan is to see this over that period.

How many times? 

6 hours ago, Serebii said:

At least it doesn't look like a retred of Empire.

Within in the first couple of shots you've got AT-AT style walkers on what appears to be snow (with later snow related battle shots)

Later on you have a wise Jedi who has gone into hiding teaching a young Force awakened youth.

All Kylo Ren needed to say was in the hand outreached shot was "Join me, and together, we could rule the galaxy as father and son" (which he still even might)

And you think this doesn't look like it's ripping off Empire?

• Haha 1

Just now, EEVILMURRAY said:

Within in the first couple of shots you've got AT-AT style walkers on what appears to be snow (with later snow related battle shots)

Later on you have a wise Jedi who has gone into hiding teaching a young Force awakened youth.

All Kylo Ren needed to say was in the hand outreached shot was "Join me, and together, we could rule the galaxy as father and son" (which he still even might)

Valid points :p

• Like 1

I am so excited for this film, it's unreal. The excitement levels are high! The trailer looks so good!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

On 10/10/2017 at 1:49 PM, EEVILMURRAY said:

Ripping off != callbacks. Plus, even if it does (which I find highly unlikely) is there really that much wrong with "ripping off" what many would argue is one of the greatest sequels in film history?

It's a trailer; if we're really going to go deep into TESB callbacks, we could talk about the not-so-obvious inclusion of part of the Imperial March, or perhaps the harp playing at the start being isolated from the beginning of The Rebel Fleet.

Unlike TFA, which didn't mirror ANH stop much in its promotional footage, TLJ is very clearly leaning into it, which is a very smart move for marketing, and let's not forget that it is extremely rare for the studio producing the film to have much of a hand in the trailer; its more than likely that the trailer company (which did a fantastic job, imo) used footage which harked back to TESB intentionally, as it's an easy marketing tool to use, and couple that with unclear and vague musical callbacks that are originally from TESB being in the trailer? 

It's marketing genius at work, if you ask me.

5 hours ago, Happenstance said:

w98ugIs.jpg

:o It makes so much sense now!

I thought that this was the more obvious option...

snoke_pear.jpg?w=584

:p

EP7 already ripped off parts of Empire (on top of being a glorified EP4 remake), so... 

3 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

EP7 already ripped off parts of Empire (on top of being a glorified EP4 remake), so... 

This one?

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Happenstance said:

Why would you need two copies?

Probably something to do with Dooku;

WzW9cvuHfTxrREINWXeDGxUWewDQRzzZEgnS3QDY

@bob love the SW Blu-Rays, but it's a real shame that TFA doesn't come with much in the way of bonus features like - awkwardly - the prequels did :/

Why would you need two copies?
It's so I can lay them on the floor in my living room and say

6cff3967aa383d65bf2eb903e1403205.jpg
  • Like 3

A year ago, maybe even more than that, my producer Ram [Bergman] and I sat down with the folks at Lucasfilm and said, ‘OK, this is what we’re going to reveal here and there, and this stuff we’re never going to reveal until the movie comes out.’ We came up with a ‘no-fly list’ of, under no circumstances is this shown or that shown,” says Johnson. “It is a fascinating process. It’s something that for me, just having been a fan my whole life, suddenly being behind the curtain and seeing how it works and seeing how deliberate it is, has been really fascinating.

So, in the unlikely case that anyone thought that the most recent trailer for The Last Jedi revealed anything that shouldn't have been revealed...we've seen nothing yet. 

Rian certainly knows how to drive a hype train.

¡59 days to go!

• Like 1

I normally hate trailers but thought this one was great. I'm now going into a Star Wars film with more questions than ever before, and I love it. 

I thought the trailer was pretty good, but not as good as TFA. Damn that was a great trailer. I went back and watched it after this one and it's a masterpiece of hype.

2 hours ago, bob said:

I thought the trailer was pretty good, but not as good as TFA. Damn that was a great trailer. I went back and watched it after this one and it's a masterpiece of hype.

I think that this trailer was much smarter, but have to agree that TFA's was clearly better in terms of hyping things up; ultimately, I feel that that boils down to the dependence on Original Trilogy motifs and music in the TFA trailer, whereas as TLJ's includes a lot of the new stuff we first heard in TFA.

Gosh darn, this film really can't come soon enough!