NEurope
CoolFunkMan

EGX 2016 (Eurogamer Expo) - Birmingham NEC 22-25 September

So EGX returns to the Birmingham NEC from 22nd-25th September, and by the looks of things, tickets go on sale tomorrow! No info on ticket prices yet though.

Who else is thinking of going? What games do you lot expect will be there?

I might go. Last year's was pretty good, although the queues ending up being prohibitively bad, and I went on a weekday. I'm already going to Comic Con and possibly the Gadget Show at the NEC, so maybe I'll miss this one.

I'm considering going, but changing the days i go. Sunday last year was a nightmare in terms of people there, queues etc. I'll have a think about it over the next few days.

Edit: Booked a 4 day pass, and the hotel. Just need the travel to book, and the time off from work. Can do that anytime.

Edited by Jimbob

Prices don't seem to have gone up by much though. Considering how much you get, an increase of £5 for the super pass is still pretty good value, in my opinion. Needless to say, I picked up some super passes as soon as they went on sale. Really looking forward to it! :grin:

As for the issues last year, they're really listening to feedback by the sounds of things. From what I've been hearing, they're going to be selling less day tickets for the Saturday and Sunday, as well as increasing the floor space. Oh, and the closing times are later now too. Hopefully this makes it much easier, in terms of queuing, and means less claustrophobic crowd moments.

Last year I got tickets at a bargain price through Virgin Media. Without that offer on, I don't think I can afford it this year :(

Shame as I did have a really great time last year.

So who here's going for this? There's still some 4 day passes and some other day tix left - I'm getting mildly tempted by a potential excursion to Brum for a day ticket. What's usually the best/worst days to go?

Based on last year, Sunday was the busiest day of the lot. I have heard Thursday/Friday are the better days in terms of doing/seeing what you want to see.

Got mine booked up, doing the 4 day trip with a hotel booked up.