NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Miitomo

Actually, playing a bit in bed where WiFi is weak (but still working) and yeah every action is slow as hell. I've sent WhatsApp messages, checked Twitter, opened this site and posted this before I can even post a comment on there.

Hopefully they'll tighten up the build.

Actually took so long the screen timed out and reset the app. Great.

My God! On my iPhone 6, this actually drains the battery faster than it charges! I had it plugged in while playing Miitomo and I actually LOST battery power!

It's mental! Phones make for terrible game playing devices :shakehead

Good thing that Miitomo is good fun though! :)

I'm pleased this is doing well and I hope it brings people into the Nintendo fold, but for me, I honestly don't see the appeal at all.

I slammed power saving mode on immediately, game ate almost 27% of my battery from an hour on-screen yesterday. Yikes.

Overall it's pretty fun. The lack of a filter is a bold move and Miifoto is incredible.

I'm impressed with what ever 'understanding engine' they're using.

For the 'Are you good at lying?' question. I put "No I can't keep a straight face! Or am I?"

And when my Mii read it back his expression changed from innocent/happy for the first line to mischievous for the last!

Impressed me!

Actually, playing a bit in bed where WiFi is weak (but still working) and yeah every action is slow as hell. I've sent WhatsApp messages, checked Twitter, opened this site and posted this before I can even post a comment on there.

Hopefully they'll tighten up the build.

Actually took so long the screen timed out and reset the app. Great.

What phone you got? Seems quick to me, weird people seem to be finding it really slow.

Nexus 6P. As I said it was just in a slow WiFi spot. I obviously expect some impact on speed, but not taking minutes to do one action.

With that and the battery drain it seems like a poorly optimised app, but hopefully they'll work on that.

App won't even open on my phone without crashing straight off, fantastic start to it for me -.-

App won't even open on my phone without crashing straight off, fantastic start to it for me -.-

Do you have a rooted phone? Apparently that causes issues.

Do you have a rooted phone? Apparently that causes issues.

Yeah was thinking it's probably that. Had major headaches with All4's app post chromecast update too. It's a rooted s3 mini that I put cyanogenmod on, but I used SuperSu to make it look unrooted which fools a lot of apps - but All4 checked the bootloader or something rather than just checking for root access, and knowing Nintendo I'd presume they'd be as thorough with Miitomo. It's annoying because I'd expected rooting is pretty common, and all 3 of my phones so far have been too.

Additionally, what happens to anyone who buys used phones/devices who aren't all that technically inclined and so can't understand rooting etc. and why the app doesn't work for them? I doubt many resellers check or unroot phones, do they?

I've heard reports that this doesn't run on Bluestacks, if there's a workaround then I'll try it out but otherwise I don't think I'll be partaking in Miitomo for now.

Runs pretty quick on my Z3 Compact and iPad mini 2. Some slight loading occasionally but nothing too bad. But yeah, it's an absolute battery drain.

Has anyone had any success on Miitomo Drop? All I get are sweets!

Apologies if you visit my Mii's room and are offended by my farewell message! Love the lack of censorship on this!

Runs pretty quick on my Z3 Compact and iPad mini 2. Some slight loading occasionally but nothing too bad. But yeah, it's an absolute battery drain.

Has anyone had any success on Miitomo Drop? All I get are sweets!

Apologies if you visit my Mii's room and are offended by my farewell message! Love the lack of censorship on this!

Yeah you can actually get stuff pretty easy if you're willing to use the tickets, basically look at them moving components, drop, see how close it gets to whatever you want then change time accordingly to the moving parts.....

I don't think I'm explaining that very well at all....

Really? It's lightening quick and smooth for me... You got an old phone?!

Really enjoying it, don't know how long it will last though. Needs a community on there. Friended people, I presume on here, but hard to say who's who as names are different, but that's a common problem I guess

Luckily it picked up speed after a couple of plays. First it was taking forever when I completed a mission or tried to connect to friends. Now it runs rather smooth with some seconds of delay. So much better, although it could use some smoothness polishing.

Oh yeah, and sorry for my answers in Dutch for those on my Miitomo! Switched language to English and answer in English which makes much more sense. :D

Generally speaking I don't really rate the thing, although Miifoto is great, I'm having fun with that!

Yeah was thinking it's probably that. Had major headaches with All4's app post chromecast update too. It's a rooted s3 mini that I put cyanogenmod on, but I used SuperSu to make it look unrooted which fools a lot of apps - but All4 checked the bootloader or something rather than just checking for root access, and knowing Nintendo I'd presume they'd be as thorough with Miitomo. It's annoying because I'd expected rooting is pretty common, and all 3 of my phones so far have been too.

Additionally, what happens to anyone who buys used phones/devices who aren't all that technically inclined and so can't understand rooting etc. and why the app doesn't work for them? I doubt many resellers check or unroot phones, do they?

This might help you, I can't confirm if it works myself though:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/nintendo-miitomo-app-crashes-root-t3338534

Loving this, very quick and polished. Good fun too, although how long that fun lasts remains to be seen. Smart move from Nintendo making this their first mobile app.

This might help you, I can't confirm if it works myself though:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/help/nintendo-miitomo-app-crashes-root-t3338534

Thanks, I did come across Xposed with my whole 4OD fiasco but for a reason I can't quite remember I did not opt to do it. I think I felt like it was almost too much of a large thing to do and the risk of losing/bricking data vs backing up bothered me plus the level of access I have to give Xposed. For now, sadly, I'll just pass on Miitomo. I shouldn't be forced to hide my rooting from apps merely because I chose to take control of my own device for absolutely legitimate purposes.

Am I being blind, but I can't find a way to change my Mii poses on Miifoto? Just the expression!

It's called 'animation'.

Can't figure out if you're supposed to free pose. Can only change size and orientation.

Am I being blind, but I can't find a way to change my Mii poses on Miifoto? Just the expression!

You can scroll the bottom selection by flicking and it'll give you the option to select numerous poses.

This is actually pretty good! Having fun with it. And then i got a caution message from my phone lol.

I have a Samsung S5, this app is to much fun to uninstall.

9tnvr6.jpg

Yeah it drains the iPhone battery like crazy. It's probably the most polished app I've seen from an animation/UI pov though so I'm not surprised. There's an option in the settings to conserve more battery but I'm not sure how much it'll impact performance.