NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Miitomo

And why exactly didn't this go online in all countries, but only in selected few (or will be in selected few)? Why is that a problem?

I have no idea. There's only a single problem, which is that the keyboard is set to be in caps by default.

One interesting thing is that there is currently no censorship. I wonder if that will stay.

I have no idea. There's only a single problem, which is that the keyboard is set to be in caps by default.

One interesting thing is that there is currently no censorship. I wonder if that will stay.

most social media accounts are 13 year old+ only (unlike NNID, which could explain why they don't use NNID login credentials...) So perhaps they have decided a 13 year old should be old enough (and have had the parental input) to sensibly choose friends etc...

I don't know what the position is with minors on fb etc, but presumably the expectation (even if it is far from reality) is that parents monitor those social media accounts according to the maturity of their child. If their child is fb friends with a random stranger who sends inappropriate material the onus is with the parent to deal with the situation?

With NNID's a 5 year old doesn't have the maturity to respond to certain situations, so I understand a reluctance from Nintendo on that front.

Having said that (I assume it is appropriate) what are microsoft's and sony's approaches to the situation, I'm pretty much completely ignorant on that front...

Staged rollout to prevent the server getting overloaded?

But I can't even preregister and have no Idea if I will be able to as it is harder to set my phone to different country. Maybe when I go on holiday.....

I think the rest of the world is the end of this month and from what I recall we only had Japanese release details about a week before so we should know within the space of the next week (or maybe just after the Easter bank holidays) when its coming over here, but they did say March worldwide.

But I can't even preregister and have no Idea if I will be able to as it is harder to set my phone to different country. Maybe when I go on holiday.....

What phone OS do you have? I just installed the apk and it worked. I had to select Japan as my region, but it all works (and in English).

Although I'm expecting to have to start again when I move to the Play Store version.

You just can't link to an NNID from another region.

Edited by Cube

What phone OS do you have? I just installed the apk and it worked. I had to select Japan as my region, but it all works (and in English).

Although I'm expecting to have to start again when I move to the Play Store version.

You just can't link to an NNID from another region.

I will wait for the worldwide release then and I hope it will be available here.

Actually, I just hope that I can select Germany from Bosnia, as my NNID account is registered as German.

Btw. I have only looked at the play store and couldn't find it, while I couldn't preregister on the account page.

The Play Store listing is hidden for countries it isn't available on. But when the worldwide release happens, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to select Germany and link it to your account.

I imagine you'll have to install it manually, though. Which isn't a huge pain.

If you use the same NNID you shouldn't need to start over,or did you not link one?

I can't link it because my UK NNID doesn't match a region currently accepted by the game. Although I think I should be able to sort it out to keep my data (you can change region in the settings, so I think I can change it, link my NNID and then uninstall/reinstall it).

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/03/miitomo_passed_one_million_downloads_in_just_three_days

So not too bad... being #1 and #2, obviously how much people pay into this (and keep using it!) will be interesting, and as said in the article how it takes in the west. I'm definitely not the target audience, but I can imagine this being the sort of thing younger ones would be into - someone said about social skills... but tbh most of what I see in younger kids is 1)texting 2)sharing video's images.

I imagine miitomo could help facilitate both of those in a different way... I think it was Ashley who said about it being like bitstrips, I think in it's current format yes, but I can also see it developing and remaining popular amongst users.

Like if it allowed public personalities of "celebrities" (hate that word) and kids could find out banal tat about the celebs they subscribe to for example.

But I really don't know, I'm certainly not within their target demographic!

http://www.nintenderos.com/2016/03/la-pagina-oficial-de-miitomo-retira-de-su-pagina-oficial-su-fecha-aproximada-de-salida/

I'd not been keeping a close eye on this but wonder if there is a delay.. which seems likely seeing as March ends this coming thursday... and if there is a delay, how long will it be?

Summary of the article for those who can't be bothered to read it is as the web address suggests, the official approximate release date of March has been removed from the English site... (not sure if other language sites never had it or still have it though)

http://www.nintenderos.com/2016/03/la-pagina-oficial-de-miitomo-retira-de-su-pagina-oficial-su-fecha-aproximada-de-salida/

I'd not been keeping a close eye on this but wonder if there is a delay.. which seems likely seeing as March ends this coming thursday... and if there is a delay, how long will it be?

Summary of the article for those who can't be bothered to read it is as the web address suggests, the official approximate release date of March has been removed from the English site... (not sure if other language sites never had it or still have it though)

Yeah but it seems to have been replaced by a video which then says Late march. I don't think there's a delay.

And some good news for @RedShell

As an extra treat, users who sign up for a Nintendo account before the end of April will get Flipnote Studio 3D for the Nintendo 3DS for free! You must link your Nintendo Account to the Nintendo Network ID used on your Nintendo 3DS and then download it on the Flipnote Studio 3D page between March 31st and April 30th.

Launch trailer.

Talk about leaving it to the last minute! :grin:

Miitomo that is. Well, and Flipnote 3D, but we all knew that was taking ages to arrive already. :hehe:

Nintendo UK just tweeted it could be late in the day when it's released, and that they'll social media it when it's up and about.

Unless @Serebii has beaten everyone to it and found its out already!

Says its incompatible with all of my devices and as my phone is a new Nexus I imagine it's just placeholder now and no devices are on the compatible list.